Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PC Specs/PC Hardware

Go down 
+14
Vulbasaur
Jack the Spectre
Based Sonji
yonny616
The Enkindler
Fenrir
Gordon Freeman
Franko
Pickles1337
TheJubJub5721
NoelX2
Mikenuge
Bluenose
Blixtstorm
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

Stature : 39
England

PC Specs/PC Hardware - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC Specs/PC Hardware   PC Specs/PC Hardware - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 3:52 pm

Stoney wrote:
^^^

Good jaysus, your lungs must be jet black. :face:

I'd like to say nice set up but I haven't a clue about the PC specs.

Haha, I was only on 5 a day to be fair. I've had some savings built up from my Birthday and Christmas and have barely spent any of it. I suppose I figured if i'm kicking one addiction then why not replace it with a healthier one?

I'm curious to see what our resident PC Elitist Mike thinks to the specs if i'm honest.

P.S. Judging by your Sig, you seem to be a fan of a certain local band of mine? In turn, they support the football team featured in my Sig.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theblacknapalm
Mikenuge
Guard
Guard
Mikenuge

UK
Playing : With my small penis

PostSubject: Re: PC Specs/PC Hardware   PC Specs/PC Hardware - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 4:59 pm

Dam_Noir wrote:
I've recently quit smoking so i've decided to treat myself to a Gaming PC, i've just gone and bought all this today... (I'm officially skint now!)

£259.99 x 1 - Gainward GeForce GTX 580 "Phantom" 3072MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card
£91.66 x 1 - Aerocool X-Predator Ultimate Gaming Case - Black/Orange
£87.49 x 1 - AMD Bulldozer FX-4 Quad Core 4170 Black Edition 4.20Ghz (Socket AM3+)
£85.82 x 1 - Corsair Enthusiast Series TX 850W V2 High Performance '80 Plus Bronze' Power Supply
£62.49 x 1 - Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 1TB SATA 6Gbs 64MB Cache
£61.49 x 1 - Asus M5A97 PRO AMD 970 (Socket AM3+) DDR3 Motherboard
£41.66 x 1 - Corsair Vengeance Blue 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit
£16.66 x 1 - Sony Optiarc AD-7280S 24x DVD±RW SATA ReWriter

+20% VAT

Total = £857.20 ($1,355 or €1,064)

That's a nice machine for gaming a 580 will run anything (overclock that bad boy) although I can see where you saved your money *CPU*

also 850w for a 580 is overkill could of saved money unless your going to do some SLI down the line

also buying a optical drive was pointless they're pretty much obsolete : )

what monitor do you have >?
Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

England

PostSubject: Re: PC Specs/PC Hardware   PC Specs/PC Hardware - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 5:39 pm

Mikenuge wrote:
Dam_Noir wrote:
I've recently quit smoking so i've decided to treat myself to a Gaming PC, i've just gone and bought all this today... (I'm officially skint now!)

£259.99 x 1 - Gainward GeForce GTX 580 "Phantom" 3072MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card
£91.66 x 1 - Aerocool X-Predator Ultimate Gaming Case - Black/Orange
£87.49 x 1 - AMD Bulldozer FX-4 Quad Core 4170 Black Edition 4.20Ghz (Socket AM3+)
£85.82 x 1 - Corsair Enthusiast Series TX 850W V2 High Performance '80 Plus Bronze' Power Supply
£62.49 x 1 - Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 1TB SATA 6Gbs 64MB Cache
£61.49 x 1 - Asus M5A97 PRO AMD 970 (Socket AM3+) DDR3 Motherboard
£41.66 x 1 - Corsair Vengeance Blue 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit
£16.66 x 1 - Sony Optiarc AD-7280S 24x DVD±RW SATA ReWriter

+20% VAT

Total = £857.20 ($1,355 or €1,064)

That's a nice machine for gaming a 580 will run anything (overclock that bad boy) although I can see where you saved your money *CPU*

also 850w for a 580 is overkill could of saved money unless your going to do some SLI down the line

also buying a optical drive was pointless they're pretty much obsolete : )

what monitor do you have >?

I intend the power supply unit to last me beyond what I have ccurrently bought and also the optical drive hardly broke the bank to be fair.

I'll be using either a 22" or 42" Sony Bravia LCD TV depending on what I fancy hooking it up to.
Back to top Go down
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

in front of computer
Playing : comedy

PostSubject: Re: PC Specs/PC Hardware   PC Specs/PC Hardware - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 10:39 pm

Not entirely sure about this, but that cpu might cause a bottleneck.
Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

England

PostSubject: Re: PC Specs/PC Hardware   PC Specs/PC Hardware - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 7:24 am

Intel fanboys be hatin'
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
Blixtstorm

Stature : 18
Sweden
Playing : TDU2 (PC) / Minecraft (Tekkit modpack)

PostSubject: Re: PC Specs/PC Hardware   PC Specs/PC Hardware - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 8:14 am

igame wrote:
Not entirely sure about this, but that cpu might cause a bottleneck.

bottleneck no, slower then some intel yes. The FX series with same GPU tend to have 1-5 FPS lower then the equvilant Intel cpu, bottleneck no. With a GTX 580 1-5 FPS isnt noticable at all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PC Specs/PC Hardware   PC Specs/PC Hardware - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PC Specs/PC Hardware
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3