Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Problem Lykos?

Go down 
+8
Archduke
Dam_Noir
Arnav
Bluenose
Jack the Spectre
Orc
BioDemon
TheJubJub5721
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

Problem Lykos? Empty
PostSubject: Problem Lykos?   Problem Lykos? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 11:10 pm

Back to top Go down
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

Stature : 48
America

Problem Lykos? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Problem Lykos?   Problem Lykos? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 11:11 pm

:lolguy: Come @ us Lykos. That was fucking great.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

Problem Lykos? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Problem Lykos?   Problem Lykos? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 8:55 am

Messy tone on the beginning but the guitar riff is bearable.
The OH MY GOD bit is a joke as always. The fucking drop is toneless shit just as always.
1:37 was a joke.

To be honest if you take this shit seriously there is something wrong with you.
And LOL @ red hair. Kinda sums up the faggotry of dubstep.
Back to top Go down
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

America

Problem Lykos? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Problem Lykos?   Problem Lykos? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 8:58 am

I owe you money Jub, it's more retarded then I expected.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Problem Lykos? XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

Problem Lykos? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Problem Lykos?   Problem Lykos? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 9:06 am

That was awesome. Also, Lykos, what's wrong with dying your hair red?
Back to top Go down
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

America

Problem Lykos? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Problem Lykos?   Problem Lykos? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 9:15 am

TRF wrote:

Lykos just has shit taste in music so he has to make fun of people's hair. :3
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Problem Lykos? XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

Problem Lykos? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Problem Lykos?   Problem Lykos? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 9:28 am

Tru dat. Gheythoven. Cock. Blowzart.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

Problem Lykos? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Problem Lykos?   Problem Lykos? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 9:48 am

^
lol <3
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Problem Lykos? Empty
Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

Problem Lykos? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Problem Lykos?   Problem Lykos? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 10:07 am

I have to admit, even though I don't like dubstep much (I'm pretty picky about my music Razz), that was f'ing awesome.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Arnav
Mob Unit
Mob Unit
Arnav

Stature : 2

Problem Lykos? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Problem Lykos?   Problem Lykos? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 11:11 am

Skrillex sucks and therefore covers suck too.
Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

Stature : 39
England

Problem Lykos? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Problem Lykos?   Problem Lykos? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 11:12 am

It kind of fucks me off that the English pretty much invented everything, especially when it includes music genres like this...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theblacknapalm
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

Problem Lykos? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Problem Lykos?   Problem Lykos? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 12:44 pm

BioDemon wrote:
I owe you money Jub, it's more retarded then I expected.

Called it.

TRF wrote:

And yeah, Lykos. I have dark red hair, got a problem with that?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Problem Lykos? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Problem Lykos?   Problem Lykos? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 2:02 pm

Epic guitar riff, generic drum beat, the weirdest sound i've ever heard from a keyboard, auto tuned vocals like fuck and i think i heard angry german kid in it....And ofcourse followed by WUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUB.....

So.....This is supposed to be the amazing skrillex? When i made fun of dubstep i was only joking around but fuck......

I don't see whats wrong with dying your hair red tho....Hell i've seen many metal artists do that.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

Problem Lykos? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Problem Lykos?   Problem Lykos? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 4:03 pm

Skrillex is fucking garbage.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Pizzy3C
Special Unit
Special Unit
Pizzy3C

Stature : 23

Problem Lykos? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Problem Lykos?   Problem Lykos? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 5:01 pm

Sounds terrible, as all dubstep does...

Also very basic musicianship on all accounts. Guitarist was struggling with that simple intro riff, was sloppy all the way through, but I wouldn't expect anyone but a guitarist to notice so I'll let it slide. Any classically trained pianist could learn that if 5 seconds, as my cousin would tell you, because it all repeats. Drummer was cool, but basic. Everyone could see the bass repeating through the song no need to explain why he wasn't impressive. Combine that with the having to learn about :30 of music and repeating over and over it's shit. I don't see how this is supposed to be impressive? Ending was cool though, I'll conceded that... Looked like they were all into it so at least they're playing what they love, can't knock 'em for that.

There ya go, that's why it's garbage.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

Problem Lykos? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Problem Lykos?   Problem Lykos? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 6:53 pm

Pizzy3C wrote:
Sounds terrible, as all dubstep does...

Also very basic musicianship on all accounts. Guitarist was struggling with that simple intro riff, was sloppy all the way through, but I wouldn't expect anyone but a guitarist to notice so I'll let it slide. Any classically trained pianist could learn that if 5 seconds, as my cousin would tell you, because it all repeats. Drummer was cool, but basic. Everyone could see the bass repeating through the song no need to explain why he wasn't impressive. Combine that with the having to learn about :30 of music and repeating over and over it's shit. I don't see how this is supposed to be impressive? Ending was cool though, I'll conceded that... Looked like they were all into it so at least they're playing what they love, can't knock 'em for that.

There ya go, that's why it's garbage.

Haha I actually realized some of my friends I met in college hate dubstep as much as I do. Glad to know my friends recognise bad music.

You do bring up excellent points (as usual). The guitar.. well he wasn't struggling but it is pretty basic and lacks any emotion... but I guess dubstep isn't known for its emotion.
The piano part was simplistic, yeah the end sounded okay because it was the only part that didn't sound sloppy or musically dire but I could have played that within a year of learning piano. Just stock chords with no variation.
Drummer was possibly the best member but as you said, simplistic.
And uninteresting. Not that I cannot see the appeal from the point of view of...well... the average person. But the same goes with pop. Something that will appeal to those that don't recognise or aspire for finer forms of expression.
And yeah they are enjoying it and I was not forced to listen to it so yeah okay I won't bash them for that.

Now for those in awe by the above song, listen to 0:44 - 0:47 of the song below
That little run is more technical and refined (and much more difficult) than any dubstep melody you can mention. And unlike dubstep, it is not repeated to high heavens but only once. May I remind you it is 3 seconds long. There is a difference between simplicity (your music) and subtlety (my music).
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

Problem Lykos? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Problem Lykos?   Problem Lykos? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 7:05 pm

^^

The only thing I liked about that song was the guitar. The vocals were absolute shit.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

Problem Lykos? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Problem Lykos?   Problem Lykos? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 7:27 pm

Greg Jennings wrote:
^^

The only thing I liked about that song was the guitar. The vocals were absolute shit.

I concur that the vocals could have been better. Anders is far from the best death growl vocalist, but objectively the vocals achieve what was intended; raw, bloodied emotion and atmophere. And that must have killed his diaphragm.
The instrumental parts are effectively what makes it what it is, though. The lead guitar is very creative and colourful. :3
It is an example of why I love In Flames. Distinctive, elegant riffs that redefines the expectations of not just metal, but the music scene in general. In the 1990's, in the abomination that was the music industry, their melodies more or less kept the classical spirit alive but without limitations and they brought back meaningful, expressive, perhaps even brutal music but with a sophisticated edge and excellent instrumental arrangements.
Although they did not (and could not) gain mass appreciation, the few that heard their music were moved, inspired and were given hope that pure music was not dead :)
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

Problem Lykos? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Problem Lykos?   Problem Lykos? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 7:30 pm

^^

I just don't like music that I can't understand the lyrics to without needing to look them up. I hate this death growl bullshit.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

Problem Lykos? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Problem Lykos?   Problem Lykos? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 7:47 pm

^
Well when it comes to music, usually a consumer is expected to listen to a piece/song more than once...
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

Problem Lykos? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Problem Lykos?   Problem Lykos? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 7:49 pm

^^

Doesn't matter how many times I listen to the song. I can't understand what the fuck they're saying.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

Problem Lykos? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Problem Lykos?   Problem Lykos? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 11:19 pm

Death growls are ehh. A lot of them suck. Many are them are funny. Many of them are shit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Pizzy3C
Special Unit
Special Unit
Pizzy3C

Stature : 23

Problem Lykos? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Problem Lykos?   Problem Lykos? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 11:40 pm

@Lykos You can hear the guitarist at the begging rushing his fingers to the next note instead of letting said notes ring out, and he miss hit a note and played a chord. That's what I heard. But I don't know the song so that could be how it goes, but I doubt it... I don't I'm just a perfectionist when it comes to guitar so maybe I unfairly judged the guitarist. :/
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Problem Lykos? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Problem Lykos?   Problem Lykos? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 3:11 am

Moral: This song sucks ass and they tried to represent it to lykos as awsome dubstep music. :fuckthat:
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

Problem Lykos? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Problem Lykos?   Problem Lykos? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 3:33 am

Pizzy3C wrote:
@Lykos You can hear the guitarist at the begging rushing his fingers to the next note instead of letting said notes ring out, and he miss hit a note and played a chord. That's what I heard. But I don't know the song so that could be how it goes, but I doubt it... I don't I'm just a perfectionist when it comes to guitar so maybe I unfairly judged the guitarist. :/

oh, I thought the chord was intentional? I don't know. Plus the sound could have been dubbed over the video...
Well I don't know but I too think the guitar was pretty weak. Partly because of the tone. lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Problem Lykos? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Problem Lykos?   Problem Lykos? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Problem Lykos?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next