Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Eminem best albums

Go down 
+7
yonny616
Based Sonji
BioDemon
Pizzy3C
Orc
Jack the Spectre
Archduke
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Pizzy3C
Special Unit
Special Unit
Pizzy3C

Stature : 23

Eminem best albums - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eminem best albums   Eminem best albums - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 12:21 am

@lykos I like that lol, Pizzicato... I take it your Wolfgang? Which is weird cuz my 1st singer ever wanted to be called wofgang :/ lol

@Sonji I can overlook the simplicity in rap as long as the song appeals to my rebellious nature. I grew up on Bone Thugs-N-Harmony though so it's easier for me to forgive the lack of musicality than Lykos. Perfect example- Hollywood Undead, :O yeah I liked their first album, fuck off. Most of their songs were a middle finger to something. Now that they're going mainstream I can see how horrible their song writing is. But as long as someone says fuck you to something I'll like it... I put it in a different category in my mind than music, more like listening to stories over a beat, GOOD Rap anyway...

*Prepares for H.U. flame*

I love A7x too, best rock band today... TOP 10 EVER!!!!!!

*Prepares for A7x flame*
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Eminem best albums   Eminem best albums - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 7:41 am

/Gets A7X Flamethrower.

Top 10 of all time? Shitty vocals over a half-assed guitar?

The Beatles?
Pink Floyd?
Led Zeppelin?
Guns N' Roses?
Queen?
The Stones?

WHERE WOULD YOU PLACE ALL THAT SHIT.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Eminem best albums - Page 2 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Eminem best albums   Eminem best albums - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 7:55 am

Greg Jennings wrote:
^^

I've told you this before... Rap isn't about instruments.... It's more about the lyrics than anything. That's why GREAT rappers always have AMAZINGLY written songs. Sure, the beats are simplistic but the lyrics are outstanding.

Also, Tyler the Creator is pretty fucking creative.

:fuckthat:
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Eminem best albums - Page 2 PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Eminem best albums   Eminem best albums - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 9:03 am

Pizzy3C wrote:
@lykos I like that lol, Pizzicato... I take it your Wolfgang? Which is weird cuz my 1st singer ever wanted to be called wofgang :/ lol

@Sonji I can overlook the simplicity in rap as long as the song appeals to my rebellious nature. I grew up on Bone Thugs-N-Harmony though so it's easier for me to forgive the lack of musicality than Lykos. Perfect example- Hollywood Undead, :O yeah I liked their first album, fuck off. Most of their songs were a middle finger to something. Now that they're going mainstream I can see how horrible their song writing is. But as long as someone says fuck you to something I'll like it... I put it in a different category in my mind than music, more like listening to stories over a beat, GOOD Rap anyway...

*Prepares for H.U. flame*

I love A7x too, best rock band today... TOP 10 EVER!!!!!!

*Prepares for A7x flame*
A7X sucks compared to the original Hollywood Undead, but I do agree that since they've gone mainstream their rebeliousness has been toned down. I guess it was Deuce who was the rebelious one in the group, Swan Song > American Tragedy.
Back to top Go down
Pizzy3C
Special Unit
Special Unit
Pizzy3C

PostSubject: Re: Eminem best albums   Eminem best albums - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 5:23 pm

Greg Jennings wrote:
/Gets A7X Flamethrower.

The Beatles?
Pink Floyd?
Led Zeppelin?
Guns N' Roses?
Queen?
The Stones?

10-The Allman Brothers Band -Severely underrated, got an instrumental played on the radio back in the day /nuffsaid -Ramblin' man one of my favorite songs ever

9-Guns 'n Roses -Overrated in my opinion, not a top 5 band, but Appetite for Destruction was a brilliant album and November Rain is one of the best written songs ever.

8-Jimmi Hendrix Experience -Jimmi Hendrix /nuff said. But for argument's sake he has 3 songs that I could put in my top 20, maybe top 10 with Hey Joe, Voodoo Child, and Fire. I do like Purple Haze I'm not knocking it.

7-The Rolling Stones -Again a band I think is a little overrated, and mainly Mick Jagger is that reason. They are usually mentioned as a top 1 or 2 and I don't put them in the same category as my top 2. Mick's lack of a voice is masked however by the brilliant songs they write, they have so many classics. Gimme Shelter and Black are head and shoulders above the rest.

6-Avenged Sevenfold -You couldn't even tell me what half assed guitar is so please don't try. As for vocals a lot of people are turned off by Shadows' voice, but he hits a shit ton of notes that most singers couldn't. Especially with the near screaming tone he hits them with. Original guitar pieces matched with the brilliant drumming of the late Rev made for a great band. Doesn't hurt to have the greatest guitarist of our generation in your band. Synyster won the metal hammer award for best guitarist on City of Evil, and he was mediocre then compared to what he is now. Tonight the world dies is all you have to know about his voice.

5-Pantera -Yes a metal band I know, but how can you keep the epic guitar work of Dimebag Darrel and the equally as impressive drumming from his brother Vinnie Paul out of any countdown involving a guitar. Very original vocals that are about as close to screaming as I can take. Of all of the songs I'm Broken has to be my favorite, Cowboys and Walk get all the love but that song is an ass kicker.

4-Lynyrd Skynyrd -Any time you rock 3 guitarists you know you're getting my vote for a top band. Free Bird, Sweet Home Alabama, and of course my favorite Simple Man are all the reasons you need to put this band in your top 10. A band I grew up on so maybe it's a little bias

3-Boston -More than a Feeling might be my favorite song of all time, good enough for me to put them here. An all star band of sorts who only got together about every ten years to make a record but the music they make lasts forever.

2-The Beatles -Thank God for the Beatles as I would hate to see where music would have gone without them. Great songs through all their albums with Something as I standout to me with how hauntingly beautiful it is. Abbey Road of course as the standout album. They proved you don't have to be a virtuoso to write great music.

1-Led Zeppelin -Could rock harder than anyone and could also make you soul search more than anyone with their slow songs. Stairway to heaven the best written rock song ever, everyone knows it, everyone loves it, whether say want to admit or not. I could go on and on but I'm trying to keep these as short as possible. I'll stop with Jimmy Page /nuffsaid

Pink Floyd is not top ten, I'm not a big queen fine either. Only a few Queen songs I actually like. It's hard to make a list but right now this is what I think. Won't be long until I put A7x number 1, the only band on this list where I can go through all of their songs and listen to, and love, every single one of them.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Eminem best albums   Eminem best albums - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 9:56 pm

Pizzy3C wrote:
Greg Jennings wrote:
/Gets A7X Flamethrower.

The Beatles?
Pink Floyd?
Led Zeppelin?
Guns N' Roses?
Queen?
The Stones?

10-The Allman Brothers Band -Severely underrated, got an instrumental played on the radio back in the day /nuffsaid -Ramblin' man one of my favorite songs ever

9-Guns 'n Roses -Overrated in my opinion, not a top 5 band, but Appetite for Destruction was a brilliant album and November Rain is one of the best written songs ever.

8-Jimmi Hendrix Experience -Jimmi Hendrix /nuff said. But for argument's sake he has 3 songs that I could put in my top 20, maybe top 10 with Hey Joe, Voodoo Child, and Fire. I do like Purple Haze I'm not knocking it.

7-The Rolling Stones -Again a band I think is a little overrated, and mainly Mick Jagger is that reason. They are usually mentioned as a top 1 or 2 and I don't put them in the same category as my top 2. Mick's lack of a voice is masked however by the brilliant songs they write, they have so many classics. Gimme Shelter and Black are head and shoulders above the rest.

6-Avenged Sevenfold -You couldn't even tell me what half assed guitar is so please don't try. As for vocals a lot of people are turned off by Shadows' voice, but he hits a shit ton of notes that most singers couldn't. Especially with the near screaming tone he hits them with. Original guitar pieces matched with the brilliant drumming of the late Rev made for a great band. Doesn't hurt to have the greatest guitarist of our generation in your band. Synyster won the metal hammer award for best guitarist on City of Evil, and he was mediocre then compared to what he is now. Tonight the world dies is all you have to know about his voice.

5-Pantera -Yes a metal band I know, but how can you keep the epic guitar work of Dimebag Darrel and the equally as impressive drumming from his brother Vinnie Paul out of any countdown involving a guitar. Very original vocals that are about as close to screaming as I can take. Of all of the songs I'm Broken has to be my favorite, Cowboys and Walk get all the love but that song is an ass kicker.

4-Lynyrd Skynyrd -Any time you rock 3 guitarists you know you're getting my vote for a top band. Free Bird, Sweet Home Alabama, and of course my favorite Simple Man are all the reasons you need to put this band in your top 10. A band I grew up on so maybe it's a little bias

3-Boston -More than a Feeling might be my favorite song of all time, good enough for me to put them here. An all star band of sorts who only got together about every ten years to make a record but the music they make lasts forever.

2-The Beatles -Thank God for the Beatles as I would hate to see where music would have gone without them. Great songs through all their albums with Something as I standout to me with how hauntingly beautiful it is. Abbey Road of course as the standout album. They proved you don't have to be a virtuoso to write great music.

1-Led Zeppelin -Could rock harder than anyone and could also make you soul search more than anyone with their slow songs. Stairway to heaven the best written rock song ever, everyone knows it, everyone loves it, whether say want to admit or not. I could go on and on but I'm trying to keep these as short as possible. I'll stop with Jimmy Page /nuffsaid

Pink Floyd is not top ten, I'm not a big queen fine either. Only a few Queen songs I actually like. It's hard to make a list but right now this is what I think. Won't be long until I put A7x number 1, the only band on this list where I can go through all of their songs and listen to, and love, every single one of them.

Avenged Sevenfold is probably one of the worst bands I have ever listened to. They are absolutely horrible. Not even metal.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Pizzy3C
Special Unit
Special Unit
Pizzy3C

PostSubject: Re: Eminem best albums   Eminem best albums - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 11:27 pm

Duke wrote:
Pizzy3C wrote:
Greg Jennings wrote:
/Gets A7X Flamethrower.

The Beatles?
Pink Floyd?
Led Zeppelin?
Guns N' Roses?
Queen?
The Stones?

Avenged Sevenfold is probably one of the worst bands I have ever listened to. They are absolutely horrible. Not even metal.

lololol this is why I don't ever argue music, especially A7x, because this is the kind of response I get... Lol they're not metal?!!? O.K.??? Because they're not metal you don't like them? Broaden your horizons bro, music's not all about loud electric guitars Eminem best albums - Page 2 725796345
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Eminem best albums   Eminem best albums - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 11:30 pm

^^

It is to Lykos.
Back to top Go down
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

Stature : 48
America

PostSubject: Re: Eminem best albums   Eminem best albums - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 11:31 pm

I actually like A7X, I'll defend them, Syn is one of my fav guitarists. Come @ me bros.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Eminem best albums   Eminem best albums - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 6:44 am

Greg Jennings wrote:
/Gets A7X Flamethrower.

The Beatles?
Pink Floyd?
Led Zeppelin?
Guns N' Roses?
Queen?
The Stones?

To be honest, all of those bands have been heavily overrated. Not bad, just overrated.
Some had some classic tunes, agree with Pizzicato about November Rain. While My Guitar Gently Weeps is probably the best Beatles song (though it was written by George Harrison) but the guitar part has been taken and reused so much since (even by Led Zepp on stairway to heaven).
The Stones I never liked really. Not going to lie.
Pink Floyd " "
Queen were a special band. Like the beatles they had memorable, catchy music. Generally simple though and the guitar is just a joke. Brian May is a mediocre guitarist. But still one great band.

But yeah, I can't make a top 10 because, well even as this thread indicates, people look for different aspects in music and I doubt that my opinion will be respected.

But honestly, in terms of rock/metal, some of the greatest albums (cant do just bands because bands change and may have bad times in their career; In Flames suck now, Avenged use to suck, Children of Bodom suck now, etc) I have heard are below. Now when I say "greatest". I do not mean in terms of catchiness. I do not simply mean "my favourites". I do not mean in terms of ease-of-listening. I mean that these are albums with the most powerful, emotional, expressive, impressive and monumental songwriting from my observations.

Eminem best albums - Page 2 In_Flames_-_Subterranean
Eminem best albums - Page 2 In_Flames-The_Jester_Race
Eminem best albums - Page 2 220px-In-Flames_Whoracle
Eminem best albums - Page 2 220px-Inflamescolony
Eminem best albums - Page 2 220px-Clayman
Eminem best albums - Page 2 Children_of_bodom_something_wild_with_orginal_logo
Eminem best albums - Page 2 220px-Followthereaper
Eminem best albums - Page 2 220px-Hatebreeder
Eminem best albums - Page 2 220px-Releases_ithoa_big
Eminem best albums - Page 2 220px-Insomnium_-_Since_the_Day_it_All_Came_Down
Eminem best albums - Page 2 220px-Above_the_Weeping_World
Eminem best albums - Page 2 220px-Across-the-Dark

Avenged Sevenfold's albums are not quite in the same league. But certain songs off City of Evil, Self Titled and Nightmare are definitely among the best out there.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Eminem best albums   Eminem best albums - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 10:44 am

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The only thing appealing about In Flames is the instrumentals. The vocals are trash.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Eminem best albums   Eminem best albums - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 2:28 pm

^
They have had 3 or so different vocalists. Which ones are trash?
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Eminem best albums - Page 2 PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Eminem best albums   Eminem best albums - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 5:26 pm

This thread got off topic as soon as Lykos got here. Eminem best albums - Page 2 725796345
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Eminem best albums   Eminem best albums - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 5:48 pm

Ummmm...really off topic guys...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Eminem best albums   Eminem best albums - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 7:52 pm

You can thanks Lykos for that.

@Lykos they all are horrible.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Eminem best albums   Eminem best albums - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 8:22 pm

Debating music is like debating food. Its retarded to try to convince someone you flavor is better but some food really do taste bad for obvious reasons.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Eminem best albums   Eminem best albums - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 9:06 pm

Toxicmaniac wrote:
Debating music is like debating food. Its retarded to try to convince someone you flavor is better but some food really do taste bad for obvious reasons.

There are people who debate food :what:

Seriously though, get back on topic or it will get locked by a mod.
Back to top Go down
Pizzy3C
Special Unit
Special Unit
Pizzy3C

PostSubject: Re: Eminem best albums   Eminem best albums - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 12:23 am

Music is very debatable as long as you know what it is. The most idiotic thing to do is try to say a band/genre of music sucks. You don't know what gets people off, and just because you don't get it doesn't mean it sucks. I don't like a lot of music, so I don't listen to it, or don't try to get someone else not to listen to it.

Allow me to be the one who puts us back on topic and say along with his albums his top 5 songs are...

5-Stan- Erie piece of music, great story and better story telling. Haven't heard a song like it before or after it's release.

4-My Fault-Unsung hero of the Slim Shady LP, a humorous story about a tragic event. It'll have you laughing all the way through. It'll bring you right back down at the end.

3-The Way I Am-An aggressive middle finger to the people that got him where he is. Obviously not ready for the stardom yet he tells of his rage towards his fans... Side note, I think it's the perfect example of his career, he started rapping to be the best and make his music. As soon as he started doing movies and accepted his role as the biggest attraction in music he stopped caring about the shit he put out.

2-Rock Bottom-I struggle with this song and #1 on which is my favorite. An easily relatable song as anyone who's had to work for a living has felt the exact things he describes in the song.

1-Kim- Shock rap, it was there before eminem but after eminem the masses got a chance to hear it. And they were scared shitless. Brutally details a murderess act of vengeance that turned out to be even more horrifying as the album version is actually edited. Leaving out the line after, "Does this look like a big joke?" which is, "There's a 4 year old boy laying dead with a slit throat." Apparently the murder of an innocent child isn't what a major label is ready to release.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: Eminem best albums   Eminem best albums - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 10:52 am

Everyone STFU if you aren't talking about Eminem here. Next person who goes off will get banned.
Back to top Go down
Arnav
Mob Unit
Mob Unit
Arnav

Stature : 2

PostSubject: Re: Eminem best albums   Eminem best albums - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 11:38 am

Can people shut the fuck up and name Eminem's best albums?

I'll go with SSLP and The Eminem Show. Only ones I like. Also MMLP. Everything else is relatively crappy.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

PostSubject: Re: Eminem best albums   Eminem best albums - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 11:42 am

The Eminem Show is probably my favorite.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Eminem best albums   Eminem best albums - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 7:04 am

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Everyone STFU if you aren't talking about Eminem here. Next person who goes off will get banned.

haha what a story mark, anyway how is your sexlife?
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

PostSubject: Re: Eminem best albums   Eminem best albums - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 12:52 pm

Lykos wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:

haha what a story mark, anyway how is your sexlife?

Banned for a week.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eminem best albums   Eminem best albums - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eminem best albums
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2