Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who should be PlayStation's official mascot?

Go down 
+11
BioDemon
RamboOnRedBull
The_Biotic_God
Based Sonji
Archduke
Stoney
Bluenose
Chobo
Jack the Spectre
Shigdig
Mecha
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Who should be PlayStation's official mascot? R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Who should be PlayStation's official mascot? Empty
PostSubject: Who should be PlayStation's official mascot?   Who should be PlayStation's official mascot? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 5:31 pm

Nathan Drake for me.

Who should be PlayStation's official mascot? Nathan-Drake
Back to top Go down
Shigdig
4um Sabior
4um Sabior
Shigdig

Who should be PlayStation's official mascot? ZDL7A4I
Stature : 7

PostSubject: Re: Who should be PlayStation's official mascot?   Who should be PlayStation's official mascot? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 5:42 pm

Possibilities:
Drake
Sackboy
Cole
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Who should be PlayStation's official mascot? XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Who should be PlayStation's official mascot?   Who should be PlayStation's official mascot? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 7:01 pm

The problem with Nathan Drake is that he looks too . . . normal. As far as appearance goes, he doesn't really stand out to someone who isn't a knowledgeable gamer. I say Ratchet & Clank since they've been part of the brand for a long time and represent the most accessible game. It's clever and incorporates challenging game mechanics, so mature gamers can enjoy it, but it's also family-friendly, not violent or vulgar or anything, so it can appeal to younger gamers as well.

Plus, who doesn't like R&C, or, at the very least, can't admit it's a well-made series?
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Who should be PlayStation's official mascot? 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Who should be PlayStation's official mascot?   Who should be PlayStation's official mascot? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 7:08 pm

Who should be PlayStation's official mascot? 1248218-0kratos2_large
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Who should be PlayStation's official mascot?   Who should be PlayStation's official mascot? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 7:17 pm

^
Would never work.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

PostSubject: Re: Who should be PlayStation's official mascot?   Who should be PlayStation's official mascot? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 7:20 pm

Teckno wrote:
^
Would never work.

Why is that?
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Who should be PlayStation's official mascot?   Who should be PlayStation's official mascot? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 7:28 pm

chobo500 wrote:
Teckno wrote:
^
Would never work.

Why is that?

He basically represents only the mature market. To be a mascot you have to appeal to all ages.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Who should be PlayStation's official mascot?   Who should be PlayStation's official mascot? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 7:44 pm

Solid Snake, if not, at least an honorary mascot.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Who should be PlayStation's official mascot?   Who should be PlayStation's official mascot? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 7:48 pm

TRF wrote:
The problem with Nathan Drake is that he looks too . . . normal. As far as appearance goes, he doesn't really stand out to someone who isn't a knowledgeable gamer. I say Ratchet & Clank since they've been part of the brand for a long time and represent the most accessible game. It's clever and incorporates challenging game mechanics, so mature gamers can enjoy it, but it's also family-friendly, not violent or vulgar or anything, so it can appeal to younger gamers as well.

Plus, who doesn't like R&C, or, at the very least, can't admit it's a well-made series?

R&C is milked as fuck now. The new game, All 4 One, looks terrible.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Who should be PlayStation's official mascot?   Who should be PlayStation's official mascot? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 7:53 pm

DukeNukem34 wrote:
TRF wrote:

no u
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Who should be PlayStation's official mascot?   Who should be PlayStation's official mascot? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 8:07 pm

TRF wrote:
DukeNukem34 wrote:
TRF wrote:

no u

It does. the PS2 R&C's were way better.

What we all need, is a Crash Bandicoot reboot made by Naughty Dog or another great Sony company.
Back to top Go down
Shigdig
4um Sabior
4um Sabior
Shigdig

PostSubject: Re: Who should be PlayStation's official mascot?   Who should be PlayStation's official mascot? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 8:08 pm

Sackboy, if it has to appeal to all ages.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Who should be PlayStation's official mascot?   Who should be PlayStation's official mascot? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 8:15 pm

Universe wrote:

MM is not making LBP 3.
Back to top Go down
Shigdig
4um Sabior
4um Sabior
Shigdig

PostSubject: Re: Who should be PlayStation's official mascot?   Who should be PlayStation's official mascot? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 8:42 pm

DukeNukem34 wrote:
Universe wrote:

MM is not making LBP 3.
Cole then?
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

PostSubject: Re: Who should be PlayStation's official mascot?   Who should be PlayStation's official mascot? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 8:59 pm

Teckno wrote:
chobo500 wrote:
Teckno wrote:
^
Would never work.

Why is that?

He basically represents only the mature market. To be a mascot you have to appeal to all ages.

Master Cheif Ring a bell?
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Who should be PlayStation's official mascot?   Who should be PlayStation's official mascot? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 9:03 pm

chobo500 wrote:
Teckno wrote:
chobo500 wrote:
Teckno wrote:
^
Would never work.

Why is that?

Well.... Master Chief who kills aliens with colorful weapons that have purple blood is a bit more acceptable as compared to the eye pulling, head twisting, kratos.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Who should be PlayStation's official mascot?   Who should be PlayStation's official mascot? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 9:07 pm

Teckno wrote:
chobo500 wrote:
Teckno wrote:
chobo500 wrote:
Teckno wrote:
^
Would never work.

Why is that?

Well.... Master Chief who kills aliens with colorful weapons that have purple blood is a bit more acceptable as compared to the eye pulling, head twisting, kratos.

Lol you just insulted Halo.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

PostSubject: Re: Who should be PlayStation's official mascot?   Who should be PlayStation's official mascot? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 9:11 pm

Teckno wrote:
chobo500 wrote:
Teckno wrote:
chobo500 wrote:
Teckno wrote:
^
Would never work.

Why is that?

And yet halo is rated M for Mature.

Why that is, I'll never know.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Who should be PlayStation's official mascot?   Who should be PlayStation's official mascot? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 9:19 pm

^^

Everyone plays Halo. Kids, teens, adults. Not everyone plays a game where you rip people's heads off and use them as flashlights.

Sly Cooper or Jak & Dax. That is all.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Who should be PlayStation's official mascot?   Who should be PlayStation's official mascot? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 9:23 pm

Greg Jennings wrote:
^^

Everyone plays Halo. Kids, teens, adults. Not everyone plays a game where you rip people's heads off and use them as flashlights.

Sly Cooper or Jak & Dax. That is all.

Crash Bandicoot is better than both IMO.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Who should be PlayStation's official mascot?   Who should be PlayStation's official mascot? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 9:26 pm

Crash Bandicoot sucks, both the Sony and Activision games.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Who should be PlayStation's official mascot?   Who should be PlayStation's official mascot? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 9:30 pm

TRF wrote:
Crash Bandicoot sucks, both the Sony and Activision games.

lolno. I don't know what drugs you are smoking, but surely it is pretty strong.

If crash bandcoot isn't mascot, then Nathan Drake is.
Back to top Go down
Shigdig
4um Sabior
4um Sabior
Shigdig

PostSubject: Re: Who should be PlayStation's official mascot?   Who should be PlayStation's official mascot? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 10:34 pm

Crash Bandicoot was the PS1 Sony mascot. And how can you say Crash Bandicoot sucks? You cwazy or suntin'?
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Who should be PlayStation's official mascot?   Who should be PlayStation's official mascot? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 11:17 pm

Quote :
And yet halo is rated M for Mature.

Why that is, I'll never know.

It's rated M because of the nasty hate mail players get from me.

@ OP

Ratchet and Clank definitely represents Sony better.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Who should be PlayStation's official mascot?   Who should be PlayStation's official mascot? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 5:24 am

This is how i see it.

Nathan Drake: No way, while he has an amazing personality his looks and appearance are to normal and generic to stand out. A mascot needs to scream sony like MC screams microsoft.

Sackboy: No, since littlebigplanet's big focus is creating worlds sackboy isn't really popular enough to lift up sony.

Kratos: Maybe, i have personally seen him as a potential sony mascot but being that he only lures a mature age he cannot respresent the whole playstation brand.

Cole mcgrath: Not iconic enough.

Jak & daxter: I'd give them a huge change but seeing as they didn't continue the jak franchise on the ps3 i think its to late. Its a pity since i really thought they would've been the playstation mascots.

Rachet & clank: I'd give them the biggest chance of all mascots but i doubt they could ever reach the iconic status mario, lara croft and master chief have.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who should be PlayStation's official mascot?   Who should be PlayStation's official mascot? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who should be PlayStation's official mascot?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next