Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Molyneux, I am disappoint

Go down 
+4
Blixtstorm
Archduke
TheJubJub5721
Orc
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

Molyneux, I am disappoint Empty
PostSubject: Molyneux, I am disappoint   Molyneux, I am disappoint I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 8:24 am

Warning, spoilers below

So, after a few days of gaming, I have completed Fable III.
Surprisingly quickly for an RPG. Of course there are still a number of side quests for me to do but I did do quite a few and dabbled a bit in the good old real estate and relationships and shizz. So I've played a good chunk of the game ... but it was still bloody short.
Furthermore towards the end it felt very rushed, with over 100 days passing in a blink of an eye (probably because Lionhead ran out of ideas) and then without any transition you are in the combat of the final battle. No awesome dramatic cutscene or epicness. It was a battle like any of the previous ones.

It felt a lot less engrossing and shocking than the second Fable. There was less emotional connection too.

But these issues are minor compared to the next one I am about to address.

Your choices play a massive part in this game as you might already know. But there is a stupid flaw.

Lets say you choose to be good, do all the right stuff, stay true to your promises and spend all the treasuries money to make the situation better for people... well in the end you wont be able to fund the military and so everyone will DIE

But if you choose to be bad, don't help the people out of dire situations, you can make them survive... BUT they will hate your guts.

And let's say you do something in between, think logically, improve things that need to be improved upon but don't waste money on unecessary things, well you still won't be able to fully fund the army and so many people will die and ultimately... everyone who is alive will hate you.

WHAT
THE
FUCK
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: Molyneux, I am disappoint   Molyneux, I am disappoint I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 1:18 pm

Molyneux, I am disappoint 13191649M8xdOwHO

Stevens disappointed/disapproving face.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Molyneux, I am disappoint   Molyneux, I am disappoint I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 1:52 pm

Molyneux, I am disappoint 204729-fable
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Molyneux, I am disappoint   Molyneux, I am disappoint I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 3:27 pm

I cannot wait for fable 6. It will be much better than Fable 5 was!
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Blixtstorm
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
Blixtstorm

Stature : 18
Sweden
Playing : TDU2 (PC) / Minecraft (Tekkit modpack)

PostSubject: Re: Molyneux, I am disappoint   Molyneux, I am disappoint I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 5:19 pm

Im still mad over Fable III, until I got the last achievement. I bet I have put in atleast 100 hours in to it. Got 6 or 7 play-through in total of it, about the same as the other Fable games I have.

I just hope Fable IV wont be set any later in the story. Then I would go mad. The best game so far story-wise is still Fable with Lost Chapters. The best game was Fable II, they nailed the combat and the story was much better then Fable III.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Molyneux, I am disappoint XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Molyneux, I am disappoint   Molyneux, I am disappoint I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 5:30 pm

I'm probably alone in this, but I really loved Fable III. I'm a big fan of co-op in open-world games, so having them fix it in Fable III was awesome. Fable II was also very good but I thought they had a lot of tacked-on, useless shit, like the purity meter. Fable III was very simple but also more streamlined, easier to get into, and it didn't have any useless shit. The king portion of the game was cool but way too short and I would have liked more depth. I think Fable IV is the game where Lionhead will balance content with simplicity.

Blixtstorm wrote:
Im still mad over Fable III, until I got the last achievement. I bet I have put in atleast 100 hours in to it. Got 6 or 7 play-through in total of it, about the same as the other Fable games I have.

I just hope Fable IV wont be set any later in the story. Then I would go mad. The best game so far story-wise is still Fable with Lost Chapters. The best game was Fable II, they nailed the combat and the story was much better then Fable III.
I think Fable IV is supposed to take place between the first and second games. I just remember reading that somewhere, not sure where or if it's even accurate. All I know is that there's a huge gap in the timeline between Fable and Fable II that's completely unaccounted for. The Hero's Guild dissolved and magic devolved into mythology. I kinda wanna know how that happened.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Molyneux, I am disappoint   Molyneux, I am disappoint I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 5:43 pm

The co-op in fable 3 is what really puts it ahead of it's predecessor. But admittingly even with that I still feel like Fable 3 was disappointing in the sense that the story was meh and the gameplay was easy as balls.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Molyneux, I am disappoint   Molyneux, I am disappoint I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 3:40 am

Old_Spice_Guy wrote:
The co-op in fable 3 is what really puts it ahead of it's predecessor. But admittingly even with that I still feel like Fable 3 was disappointing in the sense that the story was meh and the gameplay was easy as balls.
THIS
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Molyneux, I am disappoint StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Molyneux, I am disappoint   Molyneux, I am disappoint I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 6:40 am

Never played Fable III but this sounds like self-image vs. for the better good.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Molyneux, I am disappoint   Molyneux, I am disappoint I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 8:12 am

Padders wrote:

But regardless of what you do, people will hate you!
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Molyneux, I am disappoint StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Molyneux, I am disappoint   Molyneux, I am disappoint I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 10:06 am

Lykos wrote:
Padders wrote:

But regardless of what you do, people will hate you!
Sometimes you have do things that people may not like to ensure their future.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Molyneux, I am disappoint   Molyneux, I am disappoint I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 4:43 pm

It feels like Lionhead Studios was paid by the government to show people that sometimes the decisions made by a government are for the better good even though it might upset the public..

Fucking sellouts Razz
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Molyneux, I am disappoint   Molyneux, I am disappoint I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 12:27 am

Lykos, there is an easy trick for you to do if you're good, just purchase the Manors at Bower Lake and set the rent prices high, and then just wait until you reach 6,500,000 gold.

Peter Molyneux: "Feel Powerful"
Me: "Thanks, but the gauntlets make me feel weaker, in Fable II I charged a spell and the whole ground was shaking, now THAT'S what feels powerful"

THIS IS COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE FROM A FIRST PARTY DEVELOPER.
I once went through that Game Breaking Bug.

Another Game Breaking Bug, Also went through that.
I bet that Fable IV will be 10x more buggy than Fable III.

Molyneux, I am disappoint 82686b2c-1d45-4417-b97c-01e429aca7b3

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Molyneux, I am disappoint   Molyneux, I am disappoint I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 6:50 am

Leo thanks so much for that. If I ever decide to replay it I will do just that.

LOL @ the Peter comic
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Molyneux, I am disappoint   Molyneux, I am disappoint I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Molyneux, I am disappoint
Page 1 of 1