Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Rumor - Blu-Ray coming to Xbox 360

Go down 
+9
Gutzahn
Based Sonji
BioDemon
Mikenuge
ghost23
The_Biotic_God
Jack the Spectre
Mecha
RamboOnRedBull
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Rumor - Blu-Ray coming to Xbox 360 Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

Rumor - Blu-Ray coming to Xbox 360 Empty
PostSubject: Rumor - Blu-Ray coming to Xbox 360   Rumor - Blu-Ray coming to Xbox 360 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 3:41 pm

http://n4g.com/news/839833/blu-ray-coming-to-xbox-360-xbox-360-mag-italy-aug-2011-rumor

This would be kinda useless when we're so late into the gen :/
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Rumor - Blu-Ray coming to Xbox 360 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Rumor - Blu-Ray coming to Xbox 360   Rumor - Blu-Ray coming to Xbox 360 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 3:46 pm

This is so pointless -_-

If it was built-in then I would understand. But why buy an external Blu-ray drive when you can just buy a regular player?
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Rumor - Blu-Ray coming to Xbox 360 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Rumor - Blu-Ray coming to Xbox 360   Rumor - Blu-Ray coming to Xbox 360 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 3:49 pm

We've been hearing these rumors year after year after year. I doubt it's happening, and even if it did, it wouldn't do anything for the games on the platform.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rumor - Blu-Ray coming to Xbox 360   Rumor - Blu-Ray coming to Xbox 360 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 3:51 pm

*microsoft releases blu-ray on 360*
YEEEEES FINALLY
*announces 720*
:fuuu:
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Rumor - Blu-Ray coming to Xbox 360   Rumor - Blu-Ray coming to Xbox 360 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 4:53 pm

Considering they are going to announce the next gen Xbox next year I doubt this rumor is true.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: Rumor - Blu-Ray coming to Xbox 360   Rumor - Blu-Ray coming to Xbox 360 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 6:12 pm

Highly doubt it
Next gen? Very Possible.
Back to top Go down
Mikenuge
Guard
Guard
Mikenuge

Stature : 39
UK
Playing : With my small penis

PostSubject: Re: Rumor - Blu-Ray coming to Xbox 360   Rumor - Blu-Ray coming to Xbox 360 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 12:15 am

Old_Spice_Guy wrote:
Considering they are going to announce the next gen Xbox next year I doubt this rumor is true.

YES EVERYONE YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST ON G7

WITHOUT NO PROOF OR EVIDENCE

THE NEW XBOX IS COMING

THANKS ANAL
Back to top Go down
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

Stature : 48
America

PostSubject: Re: Rumor - Blu-Ray coming to Xbox 360   Rumor - Blu-Ray coming to Xbox 360 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 12:31 am

Mikenuge wrote:
Old_Spice_Guy wrote:

YES EVERYONE YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST ON G7

WITHOUT NO PROOF OR EVIDENCE

THE NEW XBOX IS COMING

THANKS ANAL

There's been a lot of rumors floating around, hell even Crytek said the next xbox will be announced next year.

It's all but confirmed, there's also this thing called common sense. But as always, you were good for a laugh Mike.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Rumor - Blu-Ray coming to Xbox 360   Rumor - Blu-Ray coming to Xbox 360 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 6:54 am

^^

ROFL CRYTEK.

Dude, EVERY year there is like a thousand rumors about the nextbox. You call Mike an idiot yet you're just taking Alan's word that it'll be announced.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Rumor - Blu-Ray coming to Xbox 360   Rumor - Blu-Ray coming to Xbox 360 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 7:10 am

Greg Jennings wrote:
^^

ROFL CRYTEK.

Dude, EVERY year there is like a thousand rumors about the nextbox. You call Mike an idiot yet you're just taking Alan's word that it'll be announced.

Like Bio said, it's all common sense.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Rumor - Blu-Ray coming to Xbox 360   Rumor - Blu-Ray coming to Xbox 360 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 7:13 am

^^

I'm not sure how common sense applies to predictions about consoles....

I guess it's common sense that the Dreamcast 2 will be announced next E3 because of all the rumors. Right? Guys?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Rumor - Blu-Ray coming to Xbox 360   Rumor - Blu-Ray coming to Xbox 360 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 7:25 am

Greg Jennings wrote:
^^

I guess it's common sense that the Dreamcast 2 will be announced next E3 because of all the rumors. Right? Guys?

Except that there are no rumors for the Dreamcast 2. There is no reason to even believe that its being announced next year at E3. So your logic fails.
Back to top Go down
Gutzahn
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Gutzahn

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: Rumor - Blu-Ray coming to Xbox 360   Rumor - Blu-Ray coming to Xbox 360 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 8:27 am

Its very likely the next xbox will be announced next year.
Its very unlikely the next dreamcast will be announced next year.
Mecha is right.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rumor - Blu-Ray coming to Xbox 360   Rumor - Blu-Ray coming to Xbox 360 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 9:07 am

Holy shit the impossible has happened.....Mecha is actually being right. O____o
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Rumor - Blu-Ray coming to Xbox 360 PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Rumor - Blu-Ray coming to Xbox 360   Rumor - Blu-Ray coming to Xbox 360 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 3:33 pm

Didn't Microsoft say they weren't going with Blu-Ray?
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Rumor - Blu-Ray coming to Xbox 360   Rumor - Blu-Ray coming to Xbox 360 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 3:59 pm

Xbox 360 Fanboys : BLU RAY ISNT NEEDED!

*MS rumoured to be using blu-ray*

Xbox 360 Fanboys : OMFG GUYZ WE GONNA GET HAYLOW ON 50GB BLU RAYZZZ!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Rumor - Blu-Ray coming to Xbox 360   Rumor - Blu-Ray coming to Xbox 360 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 4:02 pm

Reaper wrote:

That goes with every feature implemented into gaming systems. The fact is, Blu ray isn't necessary and Xbox 360 fanboys realise that.
They are not denying it has its advantages but they say it isn't necessary and furthermore, they have no reason to play an inferior console (ps3) just because it has blu ray.
So if it comes to 360, there is some joy to be had because it is a nice extra feature. Not necessary but nice.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Rumor - Blu-Ray coming to Xbox 360   Rumor - Blu-Ray coming to Xbox 360 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 4:04 pm

Lykos wrote:
Reaper wrote:

That goes with every feature implemented into gaming systems. The fact is, Blu ray isn't necessary and Xbox 360 fanboys realise that.
They are not denying it has its advantages but they say it isn't necessary and furthermore, they have no reason to play an inferior console (ps3) just because it has blu ray.
So if it comes to 360, there is some joy to be had because it is a nice extra feature. Not necessary but nice.

How's the ps3 inferior when it's far more advanced than the 360 and packs far more features? Rumor - Blu-Ray coming to Xbox 360 1443829230
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Rumor - Blu-Ray coming to Xbox 360   Rumor - Blu-Ray coming to Xbox 360 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 4:35 pm

RamboOnRedbull wrote:
Lykos wrote:
Reaper wrote:

How's the ps3 inferior when it's far more advanced than the 360 and packs far more features? Rumor - Blu-Ray coming to Xbox 360 1443829230

It's more opinionated than anything. He appeals to the pros of the 360 (Online service, controller, etc) more than the pros of the PS3.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Rumor - Blu-Ray coming to Xbox 360   Rumor - Blu-Ray coming to Xbox 360 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 4:38 pm

Old_Spice_Guy wrote:
RamboOnRedbull wrote:
Lykos wrote:
Reaper wrote:

It's more opinionated than anything. He appeals to the pros of the 360 (Online service, controller, etc) more than the pros of the PS3.

I know that, but he made it sound like the PS3 is inferior overall as a console with less features.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Rumor - Blu-Ray coming to Xbox 360   Rumor - Blu-Ray coming to Xbox 360 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 4:53 pm

RamboOnRedbull wrote:
Old_Spice_Guy wrote:
RamboOnRedbull wrote:
Lykos wrote:
Reaper wrote:

I know that, but he made it sound like the PS3 is inferior overall as a console with less features.

He could just be speaking from a fanboy perspective; explaining the thought process of a 360 fanboy.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Rumor - Blu-Ray coming to Xbox 360   Rumor - Blu-Ray coming to Xbox 360 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 5:10 pm

Mecha wrote:
Greg Jennings wrote:
^^

Except that there are no rumors for the Dreamcast 2. There is no reason to even believe that its being announced next year at E3. So your logic fails.

oyeah? What happened to all those rumors saying that the lead designer was going back to Sega to design a new console?

Fuck's sake, if we believed everything that was said in rumors PS3 would've been the greatest thing ever.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Rumor - Blu-Ray coming to Xbox 360   Rumor - Blu-Ray coming to Xbox 360 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 5:16 pm

Lykos wrote:
Reaper wrote:

If actually having games makes PS3 inferior then i will choose inferior all day :). 360 Haz no gaemz.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Rumor - Blu-Ray coming to Xbox 360   Rumor - Blu-Ray coming to Xbox 360 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 5:37 pm

Greg Jennings wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Greg Jennings wrote:
^^

oyeah? What happened to all those rumors saying that the lead designer was going back to Sega to design a new console?

Fuck's sake, if we believed everything that was said in rumors PS3 would've been the greatest thing ever.

Sonji, it doesn't take a genius to know that a new Xbox console is more likely to be announce next year than a Dreamcast 2. Xbox 360 was released in 2005. That was almost 7 years ago. If the next Xbox console were to be announce next year then it should arrive the year after. Thus making it a total of 9 years of Xbox 360's life span. And as successful as the Xbox 360 was, you know Microsoft is already focusing on a new console. Can't say the same for SEGA though.

Don't give me that Dreamcast 2 rumor bullshit. Read the next-gen Xbox console rumors and tell me weather or not the console is likely going to be announce at E3 2012.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Rumor - Blu-Ray coming to Xbox 360 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Rumor - Blu-Ray coming to Xbox 360   Rumor - Blu-Ray coming to Xbox 360 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 5:57 pm

Old_Spice_Guy wrote:
He could just be speaking from a fanboy perspective; explaining the thought process of a 360 fanboy.
Or he could be fucking stupid . . .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rumor - Blu-Ray coming to Xbox 360   Rumor - Blu-Ray coming to Xbox 360 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rumor - Blu-Ray coming to Xbox 360
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next