Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

343's creative director leaves Halo 4

Go down 
+3
The_Biotic_God
Mecha
Archduke
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

343's creative director leaves Halo 4 Empty
PostSubject: 343's creative director leaves Halo 4   343's creative director leaves Halo 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 11:33 am

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/119/1192587p1.html

uh oh. Bad news for Halo 4 and the future of Halo?
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

343's creative director leaves Halo 4 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: 343's creative director leaves Halo 4   343's creative director leaves Halo 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 11:53 am

That's not a good sign. I mean, I'm sure Halo 4 will still be good, but I would have like see Ryan Payton's vision of the game.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: 343's creative director leaves Halo 4   343's creative director leaves Halo 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 12:35 pm

Its not a huge loss considering 343 still has some of the game industries biggest veteran's but i just don't get how a new trilogy of a multi billion franchise can't be worth his value.....

Last edited by Toxicmaniac on Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: 343's creative director leaves Halo 4   343's creative director leaves Halo 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 12:39 pm

Toxicmaniac wrote:
Its not a huge loss considering 343 still has some of the game industries biggest veteran's but i just don't get how a new multi billion franchise can't be worth his value.....

UR IN DENIAL!
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: 343's creative director leaves Halo 4   343's creative director leaves Halo 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 7:02 pm

Mecha wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:
Its not a huge loss considering 343 still has some of the game industries biggest veteran's but i just don't get how a new multi billion franchise can't be worth his value.....

UR IN DENIAL!

Old joke is old?

Who cares about him. The "Creative Director" position SCREAMS "expendable".

EDIT: Typo

Last edited by Old_Spice_Guy on Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: 343's creative director leaves Halo 4   343's creative director leaves Halo 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 7:06 pm

Old_Spice_Guy wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:

UR IN DENIAL!

Old joke is old?

Who cares about him. The "Creative Designer" position SCREAMS "expendable".

Wut?
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: 343's creative director leaves Halo 4   343's creative director leaves Halo 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 7:25 pm

It seems like he wanted major changes to the Halo formula and most of 343 wanted it to stay the same.

I'm sure they'll find a decent creative director in no time.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: 343's creative director leaves Halo 4   343's creative director leaves Halo 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 3:18 am

I don't think this guy was the creative director. At the Halo 4 panel at Halofest, the creative director was a guy called Josh Holmes. Payton even said that "he hadn't built enough credibility to see such a crazy endeavour through" which leads me to believe he wasn't that high up anyway.

Anyway I have more trust in Frankie than some random guy who I've never heard of.

EDIT:
Microsoft just released a statement.

Quote :
"343 Industries has assembled an all-star cast of talent working on Halo 4 under the design leadership of Studio and “Halo 4” Creative Director, Josh Holmes. We're excited to tell the next story in the Halo universe with Halo 4 as the first game in the Reclaimer Trilogy. Ryan Payton, who left earlier this summer, served as Narrative Designer on Halo 4 for 15 months. Armando Troisi was hired as the Halo 4 Narrative Director in March, having formerly served as the Lead Cinematic Designer on Mass Effect 2. Ryan has been a great friend and colleague during his tenure at 343 Industries and we appreciate his contributions to the team. We wish Ryan the best in his new game development venture."

So this guy was never a creative director, just a narrative director. Frank O'Connor and Kevin Grace are still the overseers of Halo Fiction, both who have worked with Staten, who was basically the creator of the universe.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: 343's creative director leaves Halo 4   343's creative director leaves Halo 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 1:54 pm

They shouldn't make any more Halo's anyways...
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: 343's creative director leaves Halo 4   343's creative director leaves Halo 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 2:10 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
They shouldn't make any more Halo's anyways...

Halo is one of the most successful video game franchise out there. At this point, it would be stupid for Microsoft to stop making Halo games considering the amount money and positive reviews it gets.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

343's creative director leaves Halo 4 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: 343's creative director leaves Halo 4   343's creative director leaves Halo 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 3:50 pm

ghost23 wrote:
So this guy was never a creative director, just a narrative director. Frank O'Connor and Kevin Grace are still the overseers of Halo Fiction, both who have worked with Staten, who was basically the creator of the universe.
Considering how lousy Halo's narrative is, I doubt he'll be missed. 343's creative director leaves Halo 4 725796345
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: 343's creative director leaves Halo 4   343's creative director leaves Halo 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 4:33 pm

TRF wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Considering how lousy Halo's narrative is, I doubt he'll be missed. 343's creative director leaves Halo 4 725796345

I don't think he was the same dude that worked on the previous Halo games' narratives.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: 343's creative director leaves Halo 4   343's creative director leaves Halo 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Old_Spice_Guy wrote:
TRF wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

I don't think he was the same dude that worked on the previous Halo games' narratives.

Nah he had no connection to it. He actually came from Kojima Productions (MGS4).
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: 343's creative director leaves Halo 4   343's creative director leaves Halo 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 8:18 pm

:Okay:
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: 343's creative director leaves Halo 4   343's creative director leaves Halo 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 10:11 pm

TRF wrote:
:Okay:

Yea, know your place you Halo hating Sony fagboy.
Back to top Go down
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Stature : 20
Heaven
Playing : Sarcasm

PostSubject: Re: 343's creative director leaves Halo 4   343's creative director leaves Halo 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 2:30 pm

ghost23 wrote:
Old_Spice_Guy wrote:
TRF wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

Nah he had no connection to it. He actually came from Kojima Productions (MGS4).

I love MGS but I think I could do without a hour long Halo 4 ending.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: 343's creative director leaves Halo 4   343's creative director leaves Halo 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 9:32 pm

Zeratul wrote:
Yeah, fuck having an engaging story.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: 343's creative director leaves Halo 4   343's creative director leaves Halo 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 9:55 pm

TheCinemaJack wrote:
Zeratul wrote:

Halo is about purple blood and engaging teabagging.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: 343's creative director leaves Halo 4   343's creative director leaves Halo 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 10:01 pm

The_Biotic_God wrote:
TheCinemaJack wrote:
Zeratul wrote:

Halo is about purple blood and engaging teabagging.
If I wanted to see purple blood, I'd soak my tampons in blue food dye.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 343's creative director leaves Halo 4   343's creative director leaves Halo 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

343's creative director leaves Halo 4
Page 1 of 1