Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What Zelda can Learn from Skyrim

Go down 
+11
The Enkindler
Orc
Based Sonji
Mecha
The_Biotic_God
igame
Jack the Spectre
BioDemon
yonny616
NoelX2
Archduke
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

What Zelda can Learn from Skyrim Empty
PostSubject: What Zelda can Learn from Skyrim   What Zelda can Learn from Skyrim I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 7:05 pm

http://wii.ign.com/articles/119/1192308p1.html

How do you fell about this article? I personally think it is stupid, since Zelda and TES aren't alike.

Though, Zelda needs to be more open worlded and more have side missions like Skyrim.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: What Zelda can Learn from Skyrim   What Zelda can Learn from Skyrim I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 7:08 pm

Its really stupid.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What Zelda can Learn from Skyrim   What Zelda can Learn from Skyrim I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 7:09 pm

Yeah i was reading it today. I agree at some point in this article.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

What Zelda can Learn from Skyrim PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: What Zelda can Learn from Skyrim   What Zelda can Learn from Skyrim I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 7:31 pm

Skyrim is over hyped!! Also Zelda has been around much longer than any Elder Scoll's game.
Back to top Go down
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

Stature : 48
America

PostSubject: Re: What Zelda can Learn from Skyrim   What Zelda can Learn from Skyrim I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 7:54 pm

yonny616 wrote:
Skyrim is over hyped!! Also Zelda has been around much longer than any Elder Scoll's game.

No.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: What Zelda can Learn from Skyrim   What Zelda can Learn from Skyrim I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 7:56 pm

BioDemon wrote:
yonny616 wrote:

No.
Yeah, it is.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What Zelda can Learn from Skyrim   What Zelda can Learn from Skyrim I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 7:57 pm

yonny616 wrote:
BioDemon wrote:
yonny616 wrote:

No.
Yeah, it is.
No its not...
Back to top Go down
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

America

PostSubject: Re: What Zelda can Learn from Skyrim   What Zelda can Learn from Skyrim I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 7:57 pm

yonny616 wrote:
BioDemon wrote:
yonny616 wrote:

No.
Yeah, it is.

No, it's not. It's the most massive game being released this year content wise.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: What Zelda can Learn from Skyrim   What Zelda can Learn from Skyrim I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 8:04 pm

BioDemon wrote:
yonny616 wrote:
BioDemon wrote:
yonny616 wrote:

No.
Yeah, it is.

It's over hyped and that will be its demise. It's more over hyped than Gears of War 3 & Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception combined(The same goes for RAGE).
Back to top Go down
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

America

PostSubject: Re: What Zelda can Learn from Skyrim   What Zelda can Learn from Skyrim I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 8:07 pm

yonny616 wrote:
BioDemon wrote:
yonny616 wrote:
BioDemon wrote:
yonny616 wrote:

No.
Yeah, it is.

It's over hyped and that will be its demise. It's more over hyped than Gears of War 3 & Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception combined(The same goes for RAGE).

I wouldn't say it's more hyped then Gears 3 (looking at the preorder charts). That said, I would take Skyrim over every game this year COMBINED. I will probably get more hours out of it than every game this year combined also. It just needs to be a TINY bit better than Oblivion to my GOTY.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: What Zelda can Learn from Skyrim   What Zelda can Learn from Skyrim I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 8:42 pm

BioDemon wrote:
yonny616 wrote:
BioDemon wrote:
yonny616 wrote:
BioDemon wrote:
yonny616 wrote:

No.
Yeah, it is.

I wouldn't say it's more hyped then Gears 3 (looking at the preorder charts). That said, I would take Skyrim over every game this year COMBINED. I will probably get more hours out of it than every game this year combined also. It just needs to be a TINY bit better than Oblivion to my GOTY.

Skyrim is fucking huge. I heard that there is over hundreds of hours just to beat it.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

What Zelda can Learn from Skyrim XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: What Zelda can Learn from Skyrim   What Zelda can Learn from Skyrim I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 8:42 pm

lol @ Skyrim being overhyped. It's hyped so much because it's going to deliver one of the most massive, unique, and in-depth RPG experiences out there, just like its predecessors (and the newer Fallout games).

Besides, who cares if Zelda came first? Zelda hasn't changed much at all (the console titles emulate the 3D gameplay and the portable titles emulate the original 2D gameplay), but TES has shaped the genre and has been different and innovative with every iteration.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: What Zelda can Learn from Skyrim   What Zelda can Learn from Skyrim I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 8:44 pm

TRF wrote:
lol @ Skyrim being overhyped. It's hyped so much because it's going to deliver one of the most massive, unique, and in-depth RPG experiences out there, just like its predecessors (and the newer Fallout games).

Besides, who cares if Zelda came first? Zelda hasn't changed much at all (the console titles emulate the 3D gameplay and the portable titles emulate the original 2D gameplay), but TES has shaped the genre and has been different and innovative with every iteration.

I love Zelda. But, it needs change in variety for the gameplay. It's been the exact same since Ocarina of Time.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: What Zelda can Learn from Skyrim   What Zelda can Learn from Skyrim I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 10:09 pm

Skyrim is hyped to the sun, the graphics look like Dragon Age 2, the story sounds uninteresting and it just doesn't catch my interest.
Back to top Go down
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

America

PostSubject: Re: What Zelda can Learn from Skyrim   What Zelda can Learn from Skyrim I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 12:10 am

yonny616 wrote:
Skyrim is hyped to the sun, the graphics look like Dragon Age 2, the story sounds uninteresting and it just doesn't catch my interest.

This doesn't even justify a response, it's obvious that you have never played an Elder Scrolls title before.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: What Zelda can Learn from Skyrim   What Zelda can Learn from Skyrim I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 12:50 am

BioDemon wrote:
yonny616 wrote:

This doesn't even justify a response, it's obvious that you have never played an Elder Scrolls title before.
Then why respond. Even if I haven't played one the story just seems uninteresting and doesn't catch my attention in any way.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: What Zelda can Learn from Skyrim   What Zelda can Learn from Skyrim I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 12:53 am

yonny616 wrote:
BioDemon wrote:
yonny616 wrote:

Then why respond. Even if I haven't played one the story just seems uninteresting and doesn't catch my attention in any way.
Don't you have some WWE video game to play?
Back to top Go down
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

Stature : 39
in front of computer
Playing : comedy

PostSubject: Re: What Zelda can Learn from Skyrim   What Zelda can Learn from Skyrim I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 1:02 am

I never played a TES game, but even i can say that i'm looking forward to Skyrim more than any other game this year,
if it's anything like Fallout 3 (open world, RPG elements and decision making wise) then i'm gonna love it.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: What Zelda can Learn from Skyrim   What Zelda can Learn from Skyrim I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 1:10 am

igame wrote:
I never played a TES game, but even i can say that i'm looking forward to Skyrim more than any other game this year,
if it's anything like Fallout 3 (open world, RPG elements and decision making wise) then i'm gonna love it.
Skyrim has a lot of similar elements as Fallout 3. It's actually borrowing things like perks from the newer Fallout games that weren't in Oblivion.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: What Zelda can Learn from Skyrim   What Zelda can Learn from Skyrim I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 11:09 am

TRF wrote:
igame wrote:
Skyrim has a lot of similar elements as Fallout 3. It's actually borrowing things like perks from the newer Fallout games that weren't in Oblivion.

That's cool. Are they also borrowing the bugs from Fallout 3 as well? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: What Zelda can Learn from Skyrim   What Zelda can Learn from Skyrim I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 12:22 pm

DukeNukem34 wrote:
TRF wrote:
igame wrote:

That's cool. Are they also borrowing the bugs from Fallout 3 as well? Twisted Evil
lolno, it'll have its own unique set of bugs. Razz
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: What Zelda can Learn from Skyrim   What Zelda can Learn from Skyrim I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 12:40 pm

TRF wrote:
yonny616 wrote:
BioDemon wrote:
yonny616 wrote:

Don't you have some movie on Netflix you have to watch?
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: What Zelda can Learn from Skyrim   What Zelda can Learn from Skyrim I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 12:45 pm

yonny616 wrote:
TRF wrote:
yonny616 wrote:
BioDemon wrote:
yonny616 wrote:

Don't you have some movie on Netflix you have to watch?
I hate to break this to you but . . . WWE is fake. At least I know that what I'm watching is staged. umad?
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: What Zelda can Learn from Skyrim   What Zelda can Learn from Skyrim I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 1:10 pm

NO WAY MAN IT'S NOT FAKE MY DAD SAYS SO >: >:
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

What Zelda can Learn from Skyrim R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: What Zelda can Learn from Skyrim   What Zelda can Learn from Skyrim I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 1:11 pm

Alanski wrote:
NO WAY MAN IT'S NOT FAKE MY DAD SAYS SO >: >:

UR IN DENIAL!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Zelda can Learn from Skyrim   What Zelda can Learn from Skyrim I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Zelda can Learn from Skyrim
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next