Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

What tech should be in the next gen consoles?

Go down 
+5
Stoney
ghost23
Tron Cat
NoelX2
yonny616
9 posters
AuthorMessage
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

What tech should be in the next gen consoles? PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

What tech should be in the next gen consoles? Empty
PostSubject: What tech should be in the next gen consoles?   What tech should be in the next gen consoles? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 1:56 am

So with the PS4 and Nextbox rumored to be revealed at the next E3 what tech do you think should be inside the PS4 and the nextbox. Also what pricing point should Sony and Microsoft put on these consoles?
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: What tech should be in the next gen consoles?   What tech should be in the next gen consoles? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 2:11 am

I honestly have no idea. But my guess for the pricing point should be...

$350 - $500
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Tron Cat
Villager
Villager
Tron Cat

Stature : 2

PostSubject: Re: What tech should be in the next gen consoles?   What tech should be in the next gen consoles? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 2:18 am

yonny616 wrote:

Good games.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: What tech should be in the next gen consoles?   What tech should be in the next gen consoles? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 2:55 am

Online services will probably be one of the biggest factors. We've seen Microsoft really try to push the XBOX as the all-in-one box for your entertainment with stuff like social media and live TV.
Sony will probably aim for equal levelling with Microsoft since it is widely regarded that they have the inferior service out of the two.

You would think that price would have to be somewhere affordable for most people as we saw how much damage $599 did this generation.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: What tech should be in the next gen consoles?   What tech should be in the next gen consoles? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 5:19 am

ghost23 wrote:
Online services will probably be one of the biggest factors. We've seen Microsoft really try to push the XBOX as the all-in-one box for your entertainment with stuff like social media and live TV.
Sony will probably aim for equal levelling with Microsoft since it is widely regarded that they have the inferior service out of the two.

You would think that price would have to be somewhere affordable for most people as we saw how much damage $599 did this generation.

But the tech was fairly new when the PS3 dropped. The cheapest Blu-Ray player you could get at the time was around $700-800 (some were even over a $1000) so the PS3 was a bargain when you think about it.

The major problem with this gen is the limited RAM, mainly, so as long as both consoles have at least 2GB,devs should be happy. As for CPU and GPU's? I haven't got a clue.
Back to top Go down
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

Stature : 48
America

PostSubject: Re: What tech should be in the next gen consoles?   What tech should be in the next gen consoles? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 7:10 am

Stoney wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

But the tech was fairly new when the PS3 dropped. The cheapest Blu-Ray player you could get at the time was around $700-800 (some were even over a $1000) so the PS3 was a bargain when you think about it.

The major problem with this gen is the limited RAM, mainly, so as long as both consoles have at least 2GB,devs should be happy. As for CPU and GPU's? I haven't got a clue.
He was speaking from a sales standpoint, the general population will not spend $600 on a console, regardless of features.

Last edited by BioRevenant on Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What tech should be in the next gen consoles?   What tech should be in the next gen consoles? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 8:17 am

Well first they need to be carefull what the put into the console like overpriced tech that increases the price but nobody really needs. Also FREE ONLINE FUCKING MICROSOFT YA CUNTS. Probably more features like ghost already said: social media, tv, exclusive features depending on the console. Hopefully a price tag around 400-500$
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: What tech should be in the next gen consoles?   What tech should be in the next gen consoles? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 8:53 am

Toxicmaniac wrote:
FREE ONLINE FUCKING MICROSOFT YA CUNTS
Microsoft: But u get what u pay 4, why we should maek it free?

Anyways, I think that the price tag should be 300-359$.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

What tech should be in the next gen consoles? Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: What tech should be in the next gen consoles?   What tech should be in the next gen consoles? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 9:01 am

MS will never let LIVE be free, when morons are happily paying for the service.

You can complain all you want, but at the end of the day, you'll still end up paying for it....
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: What tech should be in the next gen consoles?   What tech should be in the next gen consoles? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 10:22 am

Idk, I probably won't buy a console next gen. BUT, I think like Ghost said, online will be even bigger. And they should make the console more of an overall media server system.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What tech should be in the next gen consoles?   What tech should be in the next gen consoles? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1