Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brink Review

Go down 
+2
TheJubJub5721
Stigma
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

Brink Review Empty
PostSubject: Brink Review   Brink Review I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 5:37 pm

This is officially the THE WORST GAME I HAVE EVER PLAYED IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. It's is fucking garbage, nothing good about it, it's terrible. The campaign is multiplayer, and I don't mean co-op. I mean the campaign missions are straight up multiplayer matches with bots. Every game is like playing COD capture the flag or sabotage with bots. The enemies continuously respawns and there is a timer and if it runs out you fail and must restart from the beginning. People can join in and play on either your team or the enemies. You can set it to co-op or versus modes. It is IMPOSSIBLE to play with anyone else, this game is a laggy piece of shit, it is implayable with people so you're forced to play by yourself. Here's the problem, your teamate bots are fucking retarded, they are completely unreliable so you must do EVERYTHING by yourself.

This makes the game extremely difficult. On EASY the enemy bots take like 15-20 bullets before they die and THREE FUCKING BULLETS KILL YOU. It's like playing COD with bots and while you have normal health they have 5X your health. This made Mission 2 IMPOSSIBLE to beat by yourself, there is no fucking way to beat it by yourself. The last objective is to capture a data key and go 200 meters away and hack a console. The enemies spawn AT THE OBJECTIVES. First they spawn at the datakey, and then after you get it they spawn at the console. After the 1.5 minute sprint you get to the console and it takes like a fucking minute to hack into the damn thing, while you are hacking it you can't shoot back and the enemy SPAWNS RIGHT THERE. You're teamates DO NOT HELP, out of like the 7 teamates you have 1 follows you only to get killed. And once you die carrying the datakey an enemy walks over it and it gets immediately reset to it's starting point. Fucking bullshit, and the worst part? You have like 5 fucking minutes to do it, it takes anywhere between 5-15 minutes to get to this point and you have to start over if the time runs out.

The other missions were hard as balls too, when I beat them I felt relieved like a mother fucker and it was more luck than skill. This game by yourself on MOTHERFUCKING EASY is harder than COD 2 on veteran, harder than Demon's Souls, it's a fucking bitch.

Let's move on, the story sucks dick and just gets in the way in general because there is no actual campaign mode, campaign, co-op, and versus mutliplayer are one. There is a challenge mode with only 4 challenges that are boring as fuck and hard as hell by yourself, but you can't play with anyone else or lags like fuck. One is a first person platforming challenge, i'll leave that to your imagination. The guns don't sound real, and the graphics are shit. It looks a bit like borderlands or teamfortress 2 but the graphics are only half the quality. There is barely any fucking content in this game and it's impossible to play with others because of the lag. The only games I ever lag on are COD and Gears 2, that's it, people always want me to host on Gears 1 because I have the best connection to the point where host advantage isn't that noticeable.

I'm sure you all remember the parkour it's suppose to have, it's just a gimmick, it's never used, it's not remotely useful. There are 4 classes, it's a pain in the ass there is virtually no difference between them other than one ability so you always have to change to do the different objectives, it'd be better if there were no classes.

All in all this is the worst game I've ever played, I got it on Gamefly, what a waste of money, this game is not even worth renting. No one buy it, don't rent it, don't borrow it, refuse a free copy it will just give you headaches and terrible memories.

The character customization is cool though, I made my guy look like a blue Helghast.

EDIT: oh yeah, you can play the missions in any order of either of the two campaigns, the opposing factions, 6 missions and 2 what if missions for each, but only 8 maps.

EDIT 2: OH RIGHT I FORGOT, whenever you start a campaign mission, you are connected to the online servers, so even if you are host and the only one playing you still experience minor lag and I once had a mission dropped just like that forcing me to start over.

0.1/10

Last edited by BlackStigma on Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typos)
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

Brink Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brink Review   Brink Review I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 9:08 pm

I thought it was fun...for a half an hour Razz
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Brink Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brink Review   Brink Review I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 6:58 am

The game looks like what killzone 3 would've been if it was developed by a gay guy.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

Brink Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brink Review   Brink Review I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 6:13 pm

Toxicmaniac wrote:
The game looks like what killzone 3 would've been if it was developed by a gay guy.

I don't see what Killzone 3 has to do with this...they have nothing in common.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

Brink Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brink Review   Brink Review I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 9:05 pm

The campaign is just like Unreal Tournament 3....but worse.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

Stature : 39
in front of computer
Playing : comedy

Brink Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brink Review   Brink Review I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 10:53 pm

Arcana wrote:

Seriously? UT3 campaign was so bad it made me cry Sad
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Brink Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brink Review   Brink Review I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 11:22 pm

igame wrote:
Arcana wrote:

I didnt say it was good.
Back to top Go down
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

in front of computer

Brink Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brink Review   Brink Review I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 12:51 am

Arcana wrote:
igame wrote:
Arcana wrote:

I didnt say it was good.

Let me add something to my previous sentence so you can understand what i was trying to say...

Seriously? UT3 campaign was so bad it made me cry Sad i can't imagine how bad Brink must be for you to say that its worse.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Brink Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brink Review   Brink Review I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 1:06 pm

igame wrote:
Arcana wrote:
igame wrote:
Arcana wrote:

I didnt say it was good.

Let me add something to my previous sentence so you can understand what i was trying to say...

Seriously? UT3 campaign was so bad it made me cry Sad i can't imagine how bad Brink must be for you to say that its worse.
Its sooo bad. You happy? :)
Back to top Go down
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

in front of computer

Brink Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brink Review   Brink Review I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 1:30 pm

Very Brink Review 2505020059
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

Brink Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brink Review   Brink Review I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 7:54 pm

Nice review.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

Brink Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brink Review   Brink Review I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 9:53 pm

Good review.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Sponsored content

Brink Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brink Review   Brink Review I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brink Review
Page 1 of 1