Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shadows Of The Damned Review

Go down 
+4
RamboOnRedBull
Archduke
Orc
Pein
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Pein
Non-Essential NPC
Pein

Stature : -6
Macedonia

Shadows Of The Damned Review Empty
PostSubject: Shadows Of The Damned Review   Shadows Of The Damned Review I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 12:29 pm

The Story
the story is about "Garcia Fucking Hotspur" as he is a big balls to the wall demon hunter.
his girlfriend (paula) which i swear to god she has some weird fetish for demons and demon hunters is found hanged on the ceiling when garcia comes back from his regular demon hunting duties..he screams no
demons attack and her dead body is captured by Flemming
the lord of the demons that has 6 fucking eyes on his head
he inserts some penis jokes and taunts garcia to enter hell to save his girlfriend
when garcia falls through a black hole,he is reunited with a former demon that's a flaming skull named johnson
he is the best character in the whole game..imagine wheatley from portal 2 but more carefree and sarcastic
johnson is a shapeshifter and it can transform into a motorcycle at the beginning and weapons
the demons themselves are similar to zombies and there are some awesome looking bosses but the story is basically modern dante's inferno without the 9 circles and
more of a parody then a serious story

so for the story

The Graphics
this game runs on unreal engine 3 and the graphics are decent..character models look oiled up,there's a lot of pop-ups during cutscenes and it doesn't run smoothly
the enviroments do change a bit,but 80 percent of the game is in a old 18 century style city with typical swamps,forest etc..
there are some nice art designs for the demons,the weapons,and the later parts of the game like the library and the lava level where you fight the bird boss that actually looked like hell
all in all the graphics aren't anything special but because the art designs and the imaginations of suda 51,the graphics are getting a higher score

so for the graphics

The Gameplay
this is the strongest point of the game and the weakest
the shooting is good.it's a lot like resident evil 4 and dead space.third person over the shoulder action
there are some pointless and stupid 2d side scroll levels that should be short but they aren't
but my biggest problem in the game is the puzzles
they are not bad but the thing with the darkness and you have to shoot the goat heads to survive is too common in this game and it becomes annoying after a while
i want more of the third person action,less puzzles and the puzzles are repeated a lot..after the 2nd act you have seen all the puzzles and they are just repeated in different enviroments
there is a character named christopher that it's like the merchant from re4.he sells red gems to upgrade your weapons,tequilas,sake's etc for health and he sells ammo
theres only 3 weapons in the whole game and you upgrade them after you are defeating the bosses
the bosses are the best thing in the game
they are smartly constructed..some of them are way to easy,yet some of them are a bit difficult to kill..
while some of them you need to figure out how to inflict damage on them
the shooting is okay..the puzzles are too common and the bosses are flipping awesome

so for the gameplay

Fun Factor
i enjoyed shadows of the damned,but it was average at best..the art designs are awesome,the boss battles are awesome and the story ain't half bad
i liked johnson
but the way too common puzzles,the annoying enemies,the average shooting,the puzzles are repeated and the lack of weapons makes this game a mixed bag
but still if you liked re4 at least try it out..but don't expect the greatness from mikami when he did re4 and vanquish
this game doesn't have any replay value whatsoever because if you didn't upgraded all the stuff before the ending,you don't have a new game +
this game wasn't what i expected but if you don't have anything to play,i suggest picking it up but not full price

so for the fun factor

FINAL SCORE:SHADOWS OF THE DAMNED GETS A..
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Of The Damned Review   Shadows Of The Damned Review I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 12:47 pm

You summed it up well, so nice one.
but

Shadows Of The Damned Review Memes-untitled30
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Of The Damned Review   Shadows Of The Damned Review I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 12:49 pm

Lykos wrote:
You summed it up well, so nice one.
but

Shadows Of The Damned Review Memes-untitled30

Shadows Of The Damned Review 725796345 Shadows Of The Damned Review 725796345 Shadows Of The Damned Review 725796345 Shadows Of The Damned Review 725796345 Shadows Of The Damned Review 725796345 Shadows Of The Damned Review 725796345 Shadows Of The Damned Review 725796345 Shadows Of The Damned Review 725796345 Shadows Of The Damned Review 725796345 Shadows Of The Damned Review 725796345 Shadows Of The Damned Review 457301478 Shadows Of The Damned Review 457301478 Shadows Of The Damned Review 457301478 Shadows Of The Damned Review 457301478 Shadows Of The Damned Review 457301478 Shadows Of The Damned Review 457301478 Shadows Of The Damned Review 457301478 :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!:
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Shadows Of The Damned Review Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Of The Damned Review   Shadows Of The Damned Review I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 9:42 am

The commas are even MORE fucked up than your punctuations Surprised
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Of The Damned Review   Shadows Of The Damned Review I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 12:15 pm

Ever heard of capitalization?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Of The Damned Review   Shadows Of The Damned Review I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 12:36 pm

ArcanaOfB3ast wrote:
Ever heard of capitalization?

Actually he has..

Quote :
FINAL SCORE:SHADOWS OF THE DAMNED GETS A

So there 8)
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Of The Damned Review   Shadows Of The Damned Review I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 3:04 pm

Shadows Of The Damned Review Grammar-Police
Nearly in every sentence you forgot to capitalize the first letter.
Also many sentences do not have a period at the end.
You always have to put a period at the end of a sentence before you start a new one and the first letter on the new sentence is always capitalized when there is a period on the previous one.
Names must also have the first letter capitalized.
When you put a comma, you must skip a space further.
A good grammar must also have the number writen with letters and not with symbols, that is unless they are some short of code or the number of a franchise.

Sorry guys, I couldn't resist. Razz

Last edited by Leonidas on Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Of The Damned Review   Shadows Of The Damned Review I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 7:06 am

Bumping this.

I rented it out, still only about 2-3 hours in, and I have to say, this game is hella fun. The aiming is a bit wonky, but the characters, dialogue and creative setting are brilliant.

If it wasn't a 7-8 hour long, SP only, I would have gladly bought it.
Back to top Go down
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

Stature : 48
America

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Of The Damned Review   Shadows Of The Damned Review I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 5:04 pm

Shadows Of The Damned Review 13125710
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Shadows Of The Damned Review Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Of The Damned Review   Shadows Of The Damned Review I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 5:21 pm

BioDemon wrote:

I just lol'd so hard : Shadows Of The Damned Review 457301478
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Of The Damned Review   Shadows Of The Damned Review I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 6:33 pm

RamboOnRedbull wrote:
BioDemon wrote:

I just lol'd so hard : Shadows Of The Damned Review 457301478

I just don't know why Pein is fucked in the brain with bad grammar?
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

The Gutter

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Of The Damned Review   Shadows Of The Damned Review I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 8:40 am

English isn't his first language. eye roll

Some people know this, yet they keep on giving him stick over his grammar and spelling.

EDIT: The irony in the above statement is lol-tastic. Shadows Of The Damned Review 457301478

Last edited by Stoney on Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

Stature : 48
America

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Of The Damned Review   Shadows Of The Damned Review I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 11:17 am

Stoney wrote:

Some people know this, yet they keep on giving him stick over his grammar and spelling.
Come on man, it was joke. You mean to tell me you didn't laugh just a little bit? :nyan:
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

The Gutter

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Of The Damned Review   Shadows Of The Damned Review I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 4:30 pm

BioDemon wrote:
Stoney wrote:

Come on man, it was joke. You mean to tell me you didn't laugh just a little bit? :nyan:

Read the statement above my last post.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Of The Damned Review   Shadows Of The Damned Review I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shadows Of The Damned Review
Page 1 of 1