Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Aronofsky vs. Fincher vs. Nolan

Go down 
+7
Pein
Archduke
yonny616
Jack the Spectre
Chobo
RamboOnRedBull
Mecha
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Aronofsky vs. Fincher vs. Nolan R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Aronofsky vs. Fincher vs. Nolan Empty
PostSubject: Aronofsky vs. Fincher vs. Nolan   Aronofsky vs. Fincher vs. Nolan I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 3:50 am

Which of these mind-f**k directors is the best?

Aronofsky vs. Fincher vs. Nolan Dga-nominees

Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Aronofsky vs. Fincher vs. Nolan Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Aronofsky vs. Fincher vs. Nolan   Aronofsky vs. Fincher vs. Nolan I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 5:43 am

Nolan is the Jesus Christ to the movie industry, bro.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Aronofsky vs. Fincher vs. Nolan 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Aronofsky vs. Fincher vs. Nolan   Aronofsky vs. Fincher vs. Nolan I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 9:02 am

Nolan
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Aronofsky vs. Fincher vs. Nolan XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Aronofsky vs. Fincher vs. Nolan   Aronofsky vs. Fincher vs. Nolan I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 9:46 am

Out of three movies of Aronofsky's I've seen, I've loved two, Black Swan and The Wrestler and disliked one, The Fountain.

Out of the two movies of Fincher's I've seen, I've loved them both, Fight Club and The Social Network.

As for Nolan, I've seen all seven of his films. I've liked Insomnia and loved the rest: Batman Begins, Inception, The Prestige, The Dark Knight, Following, and Memento (in order from least liked to most liked -- Memento is in my top ten favorites of all time).

So clearly my vote goes to Nolan, although I'd like to see more of Fincher's work.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Aronofsky vs. Fincher vs. Nolan PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Aronofsky vs. Fincher vs. Nolan   Aronofsky vs. Fincher vs. Nolan I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 1:45 pm

Nolan, I love his movie's especially "The Prestige", "Batman: Begins", & "The Dark Knight".
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Aronofsky vs. Fincher vs. Nolan   Aronofsky vs. Fincher vs. Nolan I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 2:10 pm

I should point out that Aronofsky's mindfucks are purely visual and less shocking than those of Fincher and Nolan.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Aronofsky vs. Fincher vs. Nolan   Aronofsky vs. Fincher vs. Nolan I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 10:24 pm

NOLAN FTW!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Pein
Non-Essential NPC
Pein

Stature : -6
Macedonia

PostSubject: Re: Aronofsky vs. Fincher vs. Nolan   Aronofsky vs. Fincher vs. Nolan I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 4:26 am

on the eight day,god created christopher nolan
Back to top Go down
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

Stature : 39
in front of computer
Playing : comedy

PostSubject: Re: Aronofsky vs. Fincher vs. Nolan   Aronofsky vs. Fincher vs. Nolan I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 4:47 am

I don't even know who they are, i never pay attention to who directed the movies i watch.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Aronofsky vs. Fincher vs. Nolan Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Aronofsky vs. Fincher vs. Nolan   Aronofsky vs. Fincher vs. Nolan I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 4:57 am

igame wrote:
I don't even know who they are, i never pay attention to who directed the movies i watch.

O.O
You don't know NOLAN?!?

Nolan does not just direct the movies, he CREATE the movies.
The Dark Knight
Inception
The Prestige
Memento

Are all movies created by Jesus' brother, not just directed....
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: Aronofsky vs. Fincher vs. Nolan   Aronofsky vs. Fincher vs. Nolan I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 5:06 am

Nolan. Have not been disappointed with any of his work. All of it is top quality.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Aronofsky vs. Fincher vs. Nolan   Aronofsky vs. Fincher vs. Nolan I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 11:03 am

igame wrote:
Aronofsky did The Wrestler and Black Swan to name a couple. Fincher did Fight Club and The Social Network. Nolan did Memento and Inception, as well as the new Batman films.

I'm surprised Reaper hasn't come in and starting defending Fincher yet.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Aronofsky vs. Fincher vs. Nolan   Aronofsky vs. Fincher vs. Nolan I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 12:48 pm

RamboOnRedbull wrote:
igame wrote:

O.O
You don't know NOLAN?!?

Nolan does not just direct the movies, he CREATE the movies.
The Dark Knight
Inception
The Prestige
Memento

Are all movies created by Jesus' brother, not just directed....

I've seen all of those except Momento. Is it worth watching?
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Aronofsky vs. Fincher vs. Nolan   Aronofsky vs. Fincher vs. Nolan I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 3:29 pm

DukeNukem34 wrote:
I've seen all of those except Momento. Is it worth watching?
Memento is his best work in my opinion, followed closely by his debut film, Following.
Back to top Go down
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

Stature : 3

PostSubject: Re: Aronofsky vs. Fincher vs. Nolan   Aronofsky vs. Fincher vs. Nolan I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 2:08 am

I loved the Dark Knight. I watched it about 8 times...in theaters. The Wrestler almost made me cry.

However, I just love Fincher's style. So I'm going with him. Fight Club was just one of those movies where I just kept saying "Holy shit, this is a good movie."
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Aronofsky vs. Fincher vs. Nolan   Aronofsky vs. Fincher vs. Nolan I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 2:19 am

I liked how The Wrestler had Ring of Honor as the main wrestling promotion and it was a good movie overall but can't compete with Inception or Prestige.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Aronofsky vs. Fincher vs. Nolan   Aronofsky vs. Fincher vs. Nolan I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 8:31 am

The Wrestler wipes the floor with Inception and The Prestige, and this is coming from a HUGE Nolan fan. Aronofsky vs. Fincher vs. Nolan 725796345
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Aronofsky vs. Fincher vs. Nolan   Aronofsky vs. Fincher vs. Nolan I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 1:13 pm

TRF wrote:
The Wrestler wipes the floor with Inception and The Prestige, and this is coming from a HUGE Nolan fan. Aronofsky vs. Fincher vs. Nolan 725796345
No it doesn't. I won't deny that The Wrestler is a good movie but not better that Inception & The Prestige.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Aronofsky vs. Fincher vs. Nolan   Aronofsky vs. Fincher vs. Nolan I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 1:24 pm

TRF wrote:

It can't touch The Dark Knight.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Aronofsky vs. Fincher vs. Nolan   Aronofsky vs. Fincher vs. Nolan I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 1:39 pm

DukeNukem34 wrote:
TRF wrote:

It can't touch The Dark Knight.
THIS
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Aronofsky vs. Fincher vs. Nolan   Aronofsky vs. Fincher vs. Nolan I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 1:43 pm

I'll admit that The Wrestler is not as good as The Dark Knight, but I do think it's better than Inception. Inception, while a great movie, was pretentiously complex which annoyed me. As for The Prestige, it's better than Inception, but the latter half of the movie felt sloppy. The explanation of The Transported Man was a HUGE letdown for me, and had the explanation been better, The Prestige would have been a perfect 10 in my eyes.

The Wrestler was gripping, passionate, emotional, and raw. It's a love story in a way, about a man who loves wrestling so much so that he puts his life on the line to fulfill his desires. His connection with the sport was much stronger than any form of chemistry in Inception or The Prestige.

To be honest, Nolan has lost his way. Most people love him for his summer blockbusters, but there was a time when he made complex puzzles in the form of nonlinear films. The Prestige was nonlinear but didn't feel like a puzzle in the slightest. See Memento or Following, his two best movies, and you'll understand what I mean when I call them "puzzles".
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Aronofsky vs. Fincher vs. Nolan   Aronofsky vs. Fincher vs. Nolan I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 1:56 pm

TRF wrote:
I'll admit that The Wrestler is not as good as The Dark Knight, but I do think it's better than Inception. Inception, while a great movie, was pretentiously complex which annoyed me. As for The Prestige, it's better than Inception, but the latter half of the movie felt sloppy. The explanation of The Transported Man was a HUGE letdown for me, and had the explanation been better, The Prestige would have been a perfect 10 in my eyes.

The Wrestler was gripping, passionate, emotional, and raw. It's a love story in a way, about a man who loves wrestling so much so that he puts his life on the line to fulfill his desires. His connection with the sport was much stronger than any form of chemistry in Inception or The Prestige.

To be honest, Nolan has lost his way. Most people love him for his summer blockbusters, but there was a time when he made complex puzzles in the form of nonlinear films. The Prestige was nonlinear but didn't feel like a puzzle in the slightest. See Memento or Following, his two best movies, and you'll understand what I mean when I call them "puzzles".
I've seen Memento on Netflix and I was confused during the whole movie. I still don't get it as of right now, care to explain it to me? All I know is that he has very short term memory and that the movie was going backwards instead of forward like usual movies. Nolan has not lost his way I just think he started making them less complicated for the stupid. I can't wait what him and Zack Snyder do for the Superman movie because Sucker Punch was just awesome.
Back to top Go down
Shigdig
4um Sabior
4um Sabior
Shigdig

Aronofsky vs. Fincher vs. Nolan ZDL7A4I
Stature : 7

PostSubject: Re: Aronofsky vs. Fincher vs. Nolan   Aronofsky vs. Fincher vs. Nolan I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 2:48 pm

Nolan.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Aronofsky vs. Fincher vs. Nolan   Aronofsky vs. Fincher vs. Nolan I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 4:04 pm

yonny616 wrote:
I've seen Memento on Netflix and I was confused during the whole movie. I still don't get it as of right now, care to explain it to me? All I know is that he has very short term memory and that the movie was going backwards instead of forward like usual movies. Nolan has not lost his way I just think he started making them less complicated for the stupid. I can't wait what him and Zack Snyder do for the Superman movie because Sucker Punch was just awesome.
It makes a lot more sense once you piece the scenes together chronologically (which is why I compared it to a puzzle).

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Aronofsky vs. Fincher vs. Nolan   Aronofsky vs. Fincher vs. Nolan I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 4:24 pm

TRF wrote:
yonny616 wrote:
It makes a lot more sense once you piece the scenes together chronologically (which is why I compared it to a puzzle).

Spoiler:
Ohh! Okay
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aronofsky vs. Fincher vs. Nolan   Aronofsky vs. Fincher vs. Nolan I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aronofsky vs. Fincher vs. Nolan
Page 1 of 1