Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Christopher Nolan: American or British?

Go down 
+7
Stoney
Hydell
Bluenose
Archduke
Jack the Spectre
Dam_Noir
Mecha
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Christopher Nolan: American or British? R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Christopher Nolan: American or British? Empty
PostSubject: Christopher Nolan: American or British?   Christopher Nolan: American or British? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 9:26 am

Christopher Nolan: American or British? Tumblr_lpatkhVKpD1qefddoo1_500
Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

Stature : 39
England

PostSubject: Re: Christopher Nolan: American or British?   Christopher Nolan: American or British? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 10:33 am

Do you wish to claim him as your own Mecha?

Does it pain you to know which country he was born in?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theblacknapalm
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Christopher Nolan: American or British? R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Christopher Nolan: American or British?   Christopher Nolan: American or British? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 10:52 am

Dam_Noir wrote:
Do you wish to claim him as your own Mecha?

Does it pain you to know which country he was born in?

Yes... :Okay:
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Christopher Nolan: American or British?   Christopher Nolan: American or British? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 11:00 am

He's British-American i guess.....
Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

England

PostSubject: Re: Christopher Nolan: American or British?   Christopher Nolan: American or British? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 11:10 am

I bet my life he considers himself English/British. Winston Churchill had an American mother but there was no question what nationality he considered himself.

Having American citizenship has it's perks regards dealing with the ridiculous amount of red tape you have contend with in the land of the free...

http://www.thestar.com/news/article/1124241
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Christopher Nolan: American or British? XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Christopher Nolan: American or British?   Christopher Nolan: American or British? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 2:27 pm

You guys over the pond can have Nolan if you want. We're more than content with Martin Scorsese, Woody Allen, Stanley Kubrick, Quentin Tarantino, David Fincher, Darren Aronofsky, Clint Eastwood, Terrence Malick, Francis Ford Coppola, Sofia Coppola, Orson Welles, Coen brothers, Steven Spielberg, John Lasseter, Andrew Stanton, Brad Bird, Paul Thomas Anderson, Ron Howard, Sidney Lumet, John Huston, Mel Brooks, Michael Mann, James Cameron, Bryan Singer, Alexander Payne, Brian De Palma, Victor Fleming, John Ford, Terry Gilliam, David Lynch, Sydney Pollack, Sam Raimi, Oliver Stone, Robert Zemeckis, Kathryn Bigelow, Wes Craven, John Carpenter, Cameron Crowe, George Clooney, Richard Donner, William Friedkin, Jim Henson, John McTiernan, Robert Redford, Carl Reiner, Rob Reiner, John Landis, George Romero, John Sturges, Steven Soderbergh, Ed Wood, Edward Zwick, and the trio of Jerry Zucker, David Zucker, and Jim Abrahams.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Christopher Nolan: American or British?   Christopher Nolan: American or British? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 4:04 pm

How about both. The more, the merrier.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Christopher Nolan: American or British?   Christopher Nolan: American or British? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 7:03 pm

Born to American mother and English Father it would seem to be split. The tie breaker here is where he was born which was London. Thus, I consider more English then American.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Christopher Nolan: American or British?   Christopher Nolan: American or British? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 7:51 pm

Yeah it's all about birthplace and upbringing. In terms of blood, I'm Russian, German, Dutch, and Cherokee (the Cherokee portion is most likely a result of rape, I've come to realize), but I still consider myself an American. Besides, having an American mother means nothing since American culture itself generally doesn't mean anything. We've always been a melting pot, so everything about our "culture" is really just an amalgamation of a bunch of other things. For example, hamburgers are considered American but they're actually German. Same with hot dogs. I mean, who can actually name an American food off the top of their head? The only one I can think of is the potato chip, which was originally a variation of the French fry, which may not even be French but Belgian. In terms of blood, having an American mother really means nothing.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Christopher Nolan: American or British?   Christopher Nolan: American or British? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 5:12 am

I think CinemaJack is somewhat mad, look at those walls of text butthurt and damage control.

Chill out hahahaha.
Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

England

PostSubject: Re: Christopher Nolan: American or British?   Christopher Nolan: American or British? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 6:34 am

TheCinemaJack wrote:
You guys over the pond can have Nolan if you want. We're more than content with Martin Scorsese, Woody Allen, Stanley Kubrick, Quentin Tarantino, David Fincher, Darren Aronofsky, Clint Eastwood, Terrence Malick, Francis Ford Coppola, Sofia Coppola, Orson Welles, Coen brothers, Steven Spielberg, John Lasseter, Andrew Stanton, Brad Bird, Paul Thomas Anderson, Ron Howard, Sidney Lumet, John Huston, Mel Brooks, Michael Mann, James Cameron, Bryan Singer, Alexander Payne, Brian De Palma, Victor Fleming, John Ford, Terry Gilliam, David Lynch, Sydney Pollack, Sam Raimi, Oliver Stone, Robert Zemeckis, Kathryn Bigelow, Wes Craven, John Carpenter, Cameron Crowe, George Clooney, Richard Donner, William Friedkin, Jim Henson, John McTiernan, Robert Redford, Carl Reiner, Rob Reiner, John Landis, George Romero, John Sturges, Steven Soderbergh, Ed Wood, Edward Zwick, and the trio of Jerry Zucker, David Zucker, and Jim Abrahams.

Do the Americans own exclusive viewing rights to these guys movies?

No?

What a pointless waste of time that post was...
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Christopher Nolan: American or British?   Christopher Nolan: American or British? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 7:26 am

Dam_Noir wrote:
TheCinemaJack wrote:

Do the Americans own exclusive viewing rights to these guys movies?

No?

What a pointless waste of time that post was...
Right, and talking about all the "red tape" of American citizenship was a necessary comment to make. It's funny how you always somehow find a way to insult Americans but then when anyone makes a rebuttal of any sort you act as if it's unfounded.

I was simply saying that you guys can claim Nolan as your own because we have plenty of great American directors, and I truly do believe that there is no American culture.
Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

England

PostSubject: Re: Christopher Nolan: American or British?   Christopher Nolan: American or British? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 10:00 am

TheCinemaJack wrote:
Right, and talking about all the "red tape" of American citizenship was a necessary comment to make. It's funny how you always somehow find a way to insult Americans but then when anyone makes a rebuttal of any sort you act as if it's unfounded.

I was simply saying that you guys can claim Nolan as your own because we have plenty of great American directors, and I truly do believe that there is no American culture.

Holy shit! Me trolling Mecha (which he took in good part may I add) is somehow an insult to all Americans? What's your problem?

Is my claim regards the red tape for NON-American citizens false? Why is pointing out problems with the American political system considered a sweeping insult to all Americans? Is it any wonder why I call you sensitive?

I personally know a bloke who for the past decade has lived and worked in Chicago. But a couple of years ago he was denied re-entry to the States at O'Hare airport and was treat like a criminal. The U.S. border agency's reason for this? Because of his travel patterns. All he did was go home to England to visit his family...

Better still how is your comeback to that point regards the red tape to assume i'm claiming Christopher Nolan as my own? (I don't give a shit) Then proceed to attempt to make me feel jealous over your vast wealth of American directors? (When I still don't give a shit)...

Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Christopher Nolan: American or British?   Christopher Nolan: American or British? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 10:35 am

Dam_Noir wrote:
Holy shit! Me trolling Mecha (which he took in good part may I add) is somehow an insult to all Americans? What's you problem?

Is my claim regards the red tape for NON-American citizens false? Why is pointing out problems with the American political system considered a sweeping insult to all Americans? Is it any wonder why I call you sensitive?

I personally know a bloke who for the past decade has lived and worked in Chicago. But a couple of years ago he was denied re-entry to the States at O'Hare airport and was treat like a criminal. The U.S. border agency's reason for this? Because of his travel patterns. All he did was go home to England to visit his family...

Better still how is your comeback to that point to infer that i'm claiming Christopher Nolan as my own (I don't give a shit) and then proceed to attempt to make me feel jealous over your vast wealth of American directors? (When I still don't give a shit)
You always have to find some way to criticize America no matter what you do. You could probably sneak in a comment about our government in a My Little Pony thread. I don't have problems with you pointing out flaws in the American political system. Hell, even I know it's flawed. What bothers me is the unending criticism, even where it's not necessary. You have to criticize it every chance you get. Your frequent exercise of this European superiority complex of yours is starting to bug me. I like you, and don't think otherwise, but that high horse of yours gets on my nerves.

And you may call me sensitive, but you're the one who took offense to me listing a bunch of American directors. I wasn't even criticizing England in any way, because there are plenty of great English directors such as Alfred Hitchcock, John Madden, Danny Boyle, Guy Ritchie, Ridley Scott, Tony Scott, Sam Mendes, Peter Yates, Edgar Wright, and Joe Wright. I wasn't making an insult but you took it personally as me trying to make you jealous. So really, who's the sensitive one here?

And where did I say you claimed him as your own? I said "You guys can claim Nolan as your own . . . " . . . CAN claim him, not that you did. But again, you assumed I was both talking about you specifically and trying to insult you specifically.

If I remember correctly (and I do), you're the one who started this argument, so it wasn't me taking your trolling seriously, it was you taking my harmless comment seriously and getting mad about it. Gimme a fucking break.
Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

England

PostSubject: Re: Christopher Nolan: American or British?   Christopher Nolan: American or British? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 10:59 am

TheCinemaJack wrote:
You always have to find some way to criticize America no matter what you do. You could probably sneak in a comment about our government in a My Little Pony thread. I don't have problems with you pointing out flaws in the American political system. Hell, even I know it's flawed. What bothers me is the unending criticism, even where it's not necessary. You have to criticize it every chance you get. Your frequent exercise of this European superiority complex of yours is starting to bug me. I like you, and don't think otherwise, but that high horse of yours gets on my nerves.

And you may call me sensitive, but you're the one who took offense to me listing a bunch of American directors. I wasn't even criticizing England in any way, because there are plenty of great English directors such as Alfred Hitchcock, John Madden, Danny Boyle, Guy Ritchie, Ridley Scott, Tony Scott, Sam Mendes, Peter Yates, Edgar Wright, and Joe Wright. I wasn't making an insult but you took it personally as me trying to make you jealous. So really, who's the sensitive one here?

And where did I say you claimed him as your own? I said "You guys can claim Nolan as your own . . . " . . . CAN claim him, not that you did. But again, you assumed I was both talking about you specifically and trying to insult you specifically.

If I remember correctly (and I do), you're the one who started this argument, so it wasn't me taking your trolling seriously, it was you taking my harmless comment seriously and getting mad about it. Gimme a fucking break.

First off read the title of this thread... Would it really suprise you if people from those two countries had some banter on this particular thread?

Your fucking paranoid sunshine... It's called taking the piss, I do it with the Aussies, other Europeans and even the Southeners from my own bloody country! But your just hyper sensitive to anything that involves only America...

Give me examples of my 'European superiority complex'? The only place i'm proud of is Sheffield but how often do I blow that city's trumpet on here?

How did I start this argument? I replied to Mecha, you then wrote a long list of directors and I simply took the piss out of you for it... How is me taking the piss regards the exclusivity of those directors me being sensitive? I'm baffled...

Read what you wrote carefully below,

"You always have to find some way to criticize America no matter what you do. You could probably sneak in a comment about our government in a My Little Pony thread."

and later on in the SAME post you wrote,

"I said "You guys can claim Nolan as your own . . . " . . . CAN claim him, not that you did. But again, you assumed I was both talking about you specifically and trying to insult you specifically."

I think it's somebody else who may be guilty of making assumptions here...

It's ok Jack, you don't have to like me, it really doesn't concern me what a 17 year old thinks of me on the internet if i'm perfectly honest.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Christopher Nolan: American or British?   Christopher Nolan: American or British? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 11:33 am

Dam_Noir wrote:
First off read the title of this thread... Would it really suprise you if people from those two countries had some banter on this particular thread?

Your fucking paranoid sunshine... It's called taking the piss, I do it with the Aussies, other Europeans and even the Southeners from my own bloody country! But your just hyper sensitive to anything that involves only America...

Give me examples of my 'European superiority complex'? The only place i'm proud of is Sheffield but how often do I blow that city's trumpet on here?

How did I start this argument? I replied to Mecha, you then wrote a long list of directors and I simply took the piss out of you for it... How is me taking the piss regards the exclusivity of those directors me being sensitive? I'm baffled...

Read what you wrote carefully below,

"You always have to find some way to criticize America no matter what you do. You could probably sneak in a comment about our government in a My Little Pony thread."

and later on in the SAME post you wrote,

"I said "You guys can claim Nolan as your own . . . " . . . CAN claim him, not that you did. But again, you assumed I was both talking about you specifically and trying to insult you specifically."

I think it's somebody else who may be guilty of making assumptions here..

It's ok Jack, you don't have to like me, it really doesn't concern me what a 17 year old thinks of me on the internet if i'm perfectly honest.
I know you take the piss out of other places, but 99% of the shit you say is about America. It gets annoying after awhile, especially when it's not relevant at all to the topic at hand. Yeah, we're talking about nationality, but that doesn't have anything to do with America's flaws. Just say, is he American or is he not?

You were being sensitive about it because you claimed I was trying to make you jealous, a personal attack on you.

How was I making assumptions? You WERE criticizing the American government, no doubt about it. And then you even said, as I mentioned earlier, that I was trying to make you jealous which means my "assumptions" were actually correct. You assumed motive while I stated an action.

And if it didn't concern you what a 17-year-old thought of you, you wouldn't be going on with this. People who say they don't care what people think of them are just kidding themselves. I mean random people, yeah, don't bother, but this is a tight-knit community. I care what Sonji thinks of me. I care what Teckno thinks of me. And Stoney, Alan, JubJub, Bio, CCP, ghost, Blixt, Padders, Rambo, Toxic, Sturgis, Reaper, Duke, Mecha, Zeratul, yonny, and the rest of the regulars here. Hell, at a certain point I probably cared what you thought of me. And you don't have to like me. That's fine. I wish you would but I can't make you like me. But I do like you because even though you do and say shit that annoys me, I don't let that completely define who you are, someone who is sometimes quite funny and intelligent at times.
Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

England

PostSubject: Re: Christopher Nolan: American or British?   Christopher Nolan: American or British? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 11:45 am

TheCinemaJack wrote:
I know you take the piss out of other places, but 99% of the shit you say is about America. It gets annoying after awhile, especially when it's not relevant at all to the topic at hand. Yeah, we're talking about nationality, but that doesn't have anything to do with America's flaws. Just say, is he American or is he not?

You were being sensitive about it because you claimed I was trying to make you jealous, a personal attack on you.

How was I making assumptions? You WERE criticizing the American government, no doubt about it. And then you even said, as I mentioned earlier, that I was trying to make you jealous which means my "assumptions" were actually correct. You assumed motive while I stated an action.

And if it didn't concern you what a 17-year-old thought of you, you wouldn't be going on with this. People who say they don't care what people think of them are just kidding themselves. I mean random people, yeah, don't bother, but this is a tight-knit community. I care what Sonji thinks of me. I care what Teckno thinks of me. And Stoney, Alan, JubJub, Bio, CCP, ghost, Blixt, Padders, Rambo, Toxic, Sturgis, Reaper, Duke, Mecha, Zeratul, yonny, and the rest of the regulars here. Hell, at a certain point I probably cared what you thought of me. And you don't have to like me. That's fine. I wish you would but I can't make you like me. But I do like you because even though you do and say shit that annoys me, I don't let that completely define who you are, someone who is sometimes quite funny and intelligent at times.

Leave the flaws out of it? Just say whether he is American or not? Just like you did on the Syphon Filter thread amirite?

Well I'll never make any mention of America again, not even if the whole forum is bashing it regards SOPA or some bullshit like that, just incase you get offended. (even though you have no right not to be offended).

Don't worry yourself about what I think Jack, you just carry on believing i'm just an individual who does nothing except spout hatred for America...
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Christopher Nolan: American or British?   Christopher Nolan: American or British? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 11:58 am

Dam_Noir wrote:
Leave the flaws out of it? Just say whether he is American or not? Just like you did on the Syphon Filter thread amirite?

Well I'll never make any mention of America again, not even if the whole forum is bashing it regards SOPA or some bullshit like that, just incase you get offended. (even though you have no right not to be offended).

Don't worry yourself about what I think Jack, you just carry on believing i'm just an individual who does nothing except spout hatred for America...
There's a difference. I said I was excited for God of War IV but not Syphon Filter. That directly related to the topic. The topic of this thread has nothing to do with the politics of the American government.

And I've said this already, it's not about WHAT you say, it's about WHEN and WHERE you say it. It has no place here and it had no place in the Syphon Filter thread. You wanna criticize the American government and voice your opinion when it's relevant, be my guest. So if there's a thread on something like SOPA, feel free to talk about how incompetent our government is, because I'll be right next to you saying the same thing. I don't doubt half the shit you say. The American government sucks. But you don't have to keep reminding me, especially when I know it already.

And if you think that I think that you're "an individual who does nothing except spout hatred for America," then you're dead-wrong. Didn't I just say that you're intelligent and you can be quite funny at times? You're looking at this in such a black-and-white manner. Either I hate shit-talk about America or I don't. Either I like everything about you or I hate you as a whole. The world doesn't work like that, and I certainly don't think like that, but if you want to, that's your prerogative.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Christopher Nolan: American or British?   Christopher Nolan: American or British? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 3:02 pm

Christopher Nolan: American or British? 4326f39cc6e2

Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Christopher Nolan: American or British?   Christopher Nolan: American or British? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 5:39 pm

Christopher Nolan: American or British? Sailor-says-there-be-a-shit-storm-brewing
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Christopher Nolan: American or British?   Christopher Nolan: American or British? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 5:59 pm

TRF and Noir are going through a love affair.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Christopher Nolan: American or British?   Christopher Nolan: American or British? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 6:00 pm

Either you guys get back on topic or the thread gets locked.

Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Christopher Nolan: American or British?   Christopher Nolan: American or British? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 7:06 pm

I say he's a dinosaur in disguise and is plotting revenge for the death of his race.
Back to top Go down
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Stature : 20
Heaven
Playing : Sarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Christopher Nolan: American or British?   Christopher Nolan: American or British? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 9:00 pm

Canadian
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Christopher Nolan: American or British?   Christopher Nolan: American or British? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 4:17 am

Okay so guys i actually went to Nolan's house. I traveled hours and breached his security just to get to him and ask him this question. If he considers himself American or English. But Nolan just did not want to tell me. I had to know so for days and days i kept stalking him and asking him and finally he decided that he wanted to negotiate.

He said that he will tell me if i gave him....about tree fiddy. That's when i realized Nolan is actually a 6 foot tall crustacean from the paleolithic era.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christopher Nolan: American or British?   Christopher Nolan: American or British? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Christopher Nolan: American or British?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next