Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Burt Reynolds: PTA was "young and full of himself"

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Burt Reynolds: PTA was "young and full of himself" Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

Burt Reynolds: PTA was "young and full of himself" Empty
PostSubject: Burt Reynolds: PTA was "young and full of himself"   Burt Reynolds: PTA was "young and full of himself" I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2015 11:42 am

Quote :
The 79-year-old actor, who is currently doing the round promoting his memoir, But Enough About Me, has admitted that he found PT Anderson, who at the time of shooting Boogie Nights was only 26-years-old, to be a little bit too cocky for his tastes. Speaking to GQ he explained: 

Quote :
"He was young and full of himself. Every shot we did, it was like the first time [that shot had ever been done]. I remember the first shot we did in Boogie Nights, where I drive the car to Grauman’s Theater. After he said, ‘Isn’t that amazing?’ And I named five pictures that had the same kind of shot. It wasn’t original. But if you have to steal, steal from the best."

Quote :
1st AD Josh Windermuth recalls a story where Burt Reynolds yelled in Anderson’s face because he believed the director was giving preferential treatment to other actors. 

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Why-Burt-Reynolds-Hated-Working-With-Paul-Thomas-Anderson-97997.html

Ouch. :=/
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Burt Reynolds: PTA was "young and full of himself" R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Burt Reynolds: PTA was "young and full of himself"   Burt Reynolds: PTA was "young and full of himself" I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2015 12:18 pm

Cocky or not, he is a great filmmaker. So fuck Burt Reynolds.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Burt Reynolds: PTA was "young and full of himself"   Burt Reynolds: PTA was "young and full of himself" I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2015 12:22 pm

Mecha wrote:

The irony is that the "full of himself" PTA was the one responsible for Burt's only Oscar nomination of his career.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Burt Reynolds: PTA was "young and full of himself"   Burt Reynolds: PTA was "young and full of himself" I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2015 12:28 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

The irony is that the "full of himself" PTA was the one responsible for Burt's only Oscar nomination of his career.

Really? lol! I need to rewatch Boogie Nights.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Burt Reynolds: PTA was "young and full of himself"   Burt Reynolds: PTA was "young and full of himself" I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2015 12:38 pm

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

Really? lol! I need to rewatch Boogie Nights.

You should.

I still find Boogie Nights to be my favorite film from the 1990s.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Burt Reynolds: PTA was "young and full of himself"   Burt Reynolds: PTA was "young and full of himself" I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 4:26 pm

What an asshole!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Burt Reynolds: PTA was "young and full of himself"   Burt Reynolds: PTA was "young and full of himself" I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Burt Reynolds: PTA was "young and full of himself"
Page 1 of 1