Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MAG Journal's inFAMOUS 2 Review

Go down 
+6
NoelX2
Archduke
The_Biotic_God
The Enkindler
Mecha
Jack the Spectre
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

MAG Journal's inFAMOUS 2 Review XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

MAG Journal's inFAMOUS 2 Review Empty
PostSubject: MAG Journal's inFAMOUS 2 Review   MAG Journal's inFAMOUS 2 Review I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 6:49 pm

I’ve discovered an alternative to heroin, and it’s called inFAMOUS 2. In the sequel to Sucker Punch’s 2009 hit, the player can either use lightning to carve a path of destruction or generate good deeds in New Orleans-style New Marais.

Story

The game opens as our hero, Cole MacGrath, is fighting The Beast, a giant humanoid mass of molten rock whose appearance was prophesized in the original game. Cole begins to chip away at The Beast, only to realize he is too powerful. Cole finally escapes The Beast as his home town of Empire City is completely devastated. Cole travels to New Marais to become more powerful so that he, once again, can fight The Beast and hopefully win round two. The plot is very similar to that of the first game, with Cole coming up against a dominant force that controls the city while simultaneously trying to win the hearts or fear of the people of the city. The only difference here is that the pacing is much slower and the story is drawn-out, although a plus to this is that the game offers more content. There are more interesting characters and clever writing in inFAMOUS 2, which gives it a superior story compared to inFAMOUS.

Gameplay

Cole’s powers are much more fleshed-out in inFAMOUS 2, offering multiple variants of each attack. These powers can be switched on the fly, as the user interface is incredibly easy to maneuver. Cole has new lightning attacks, including the Pincer Bolt, which fires three small bolts that collide from three sides; the Artillery Bolt, which fires long-range lightning projectiles; and the Ionic Storm, a large tornado that Cole can throw at enemies. In addition, Cole now has a melee weapon called the Amp, which drastically improves close-quarters gameplay. Each strike adds to a combo meter which can then be drained to unleash a devastating finishing move. A cinematic camera gets close up to really make the close-quarter fights more entertaining to watch, but unfortunately this camera angle makes it difficult to see surrounding enemies due to it focusing on Cole and his current opponent. Overall, the only main problem with the gameplay is the camera.

InFAMOUS 2 also supports user-generated content. Players can craft their own missions for other players to play, including obstacle courses, defend the target missions, and more. The mission creator is full of features to create a deep customization experience, but the downside to this is that it is not the most user-friendly interface.

Presentation

Sound and visuals are fantastic. The character animations are fluid, a drastic improvement over the robotic animations of the first game. In addition, the character models themselves are much more detailed and the cutscenes are much better done. The voice acting is great all around, including Cole’s new voice actor, who, in my opinion, is superior to the one who played Cole in the first game.

Final Verdict

In conclusion, inFAMOUS 2 is a worthy successor to inFAMOUS. The gameplay has been fleshed-out, user-generated content has been added, and the presentation aspects have been refined. inFAMOUS 2 is superior to its predecessor in every fathomable way and is a game every Playstation 3 owner should own.

Score: 9.5 out of 10

http://www.magjournal.net/?p=845
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

MAG Journal's inFAMOUS 2 Review R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: MAG Journal's inFAMOUS 2 Review   MAG Journal's inFAMOUS 2 Review I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 6:53 pm

Hate to say this but... this game is better than Uncharted 2.

MAG Journal's inFAMOUS 2 Review Fry_Come_At_ME_Bro.JPG.scaled500
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: MAG Journal's inFAMOUS 2 Review   MAG Journal's inFAMOUS 2 Review I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 7:01 pm

Oh, absolutely. Hell, I thought the first was better than Uncharted 2.
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: MAG Journal's inFAMOUS 2 Review   MAG Journal's inFAMOUS 2 Review I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 7:41 pm

Sucker Punch said that they will eventually bring additions to the UGC editor.

http://www.suckerpunch.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=85&func=view&catid=18&id=189725
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: MAG Journal's inFAMOUS 2 Review   MAG Journal's inFAMOUS 2 Review I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 9:32 pm

Mecha wrote:

I don't see how the 2 games even begin to compare. Uncharted is nothing like infamous at all Razz.

I have the first from the welcome package and I still need to beat it before I buy the second.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: MAG Journal's inFAMOUS 2 Review   MAG Journal's inFAMOUS 2 Review I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 9:41 pm

Alanski wrote:
Mecha wrote:

I don't see how the 2 games even begin to compare. Uncharted is nothing like infamous at all Razz.

I have the first from the welcome package and I still need to beat it before I buy the second.
How are you liking it so far?
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: MAG Journal's inFAMOUS 2 Review   MAG Journal's inFAMOUS 2 Review I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 10:29 pm

Alanski wrote:
Mecha wrote:

Rofl. I already beat the first game. I'm going to buy IF2, tomorrow. This game needs to be nominated for GOTY. Still, Portal 2 is the best game released this year.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: MAG Journal's inFAMOUS 2 Review   MAG Journal's inFAMOUS 2 Review I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 10:53 pm

Nice review.
But you spelt something wrong in the subtitle thingy.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: MAG Journal's inFAMOUS 2 Review   MAG Journal's inFAMOUS 2 Review I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 7:31 pm

TRF wrote:
Alanski wrote:
Mecha wrote:

It's a pretty good game. Definitely like the fast paced action.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: MAG Journal's inFAMOUS 2 Review   MAG Journal's inFAMOUS 2 Review I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 7:54 pm

Alanski wrote:
TRF wrote:
Alanski wrote:
Mecha wrote:

It's a pretty good game. Definitely like the fast paced action.

InFAMOUS is a piece of shit compared to InFAMOUS 2. :/

It's definitely my favorite series on PS3.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: MAG Journal's inFAMOUS 2 Review   MAG Journal's inFAMOUS 2 Review I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 11:33 pm

I rather disliked the first inFAMOUS.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: MAG Journal's inFAMOUS 2 Review   MAG Journal's inFAMOUS 2 Review I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 11:09 am

TheJubJub5721 wrote:

Well not everyone in the world is cool I guess.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: MAG Journal's inFAMOUS 2 Review   MAG Journal's inFAMOUS 2 Review I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 12:17 pm

my review in 5 words: I FUCKING LOVE THIS GAME
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

MAG Journal's inFAMOUS 2 Review 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: MAG Journal's inFAMOUS 2 Review   MAG Journal's inFAMOUS 2 Review I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 1:56 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:

play the second one it's much better
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

MAG Journal's inFAMOUS 2 Review R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: MAG Journal's inFAMOUS 2 Review   MAG Journal's inFAMOUS 2 Review I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 3:43 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:

The sequel is a lot better. Trust me, it's worth a try.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: MAG Journal's inFAMOUS 2 Review   MAG Journal's inFAMOUS 2 Review I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 7:13 pm

Story wise, would you be lost as to what's going on if you didn't play inFamous going into inFamous 2?

I have no inclination to even try the first one, even though I can download it for free, heard there is way to many bugs and the enemies have eagle vision in that they can see you from have way across the map, so annoying, that's why I dislike Crysis 2 and HATE Far Cry 2.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: MAG Journal's inFAMOUS 2 Review   MAG Journal's inFAMOUS 2 Review I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 8:12 pm

It's definitely worth-playing, Stoney. You probably should play the first game before diving into the second. Why not do a speed-run of the story missions on easy?
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: MAG Journal's inFAMOUS 2 Review   MAG Journal's inFAMOUS 2 Review I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 8:42 pm

Stoney wrote:
Story wise, would you be lost as to what's going on if you didn't play inFamous going into inFamous 2?

I have no inclination to even try the first one, even though I can download it for free, heard there is way to many bugs and the enemies have eagle vision in that they can see you from have way across the map, so annoying, that's why I dislike Crysis 2 and HATE Far Cry 2.

If you feel adamant about not playing the first game (your loss :/) then just go on wikipedia, the story should be there. Read it up and get the most amazing game ever that is InFAMOUS 2. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: MAG Journal's inFAMOUS 2 Review   MAG Journal's inFAMOUS 2 Review I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 1:35 am

Teckno wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:

Well not everyone in the world is cool I guess.

Yeah, I guess. Us non-cool people just like good games I love you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MAG Journal's inFAMOUS 2 Review   MAG Journal's inFAMOUS 2 Review I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MAG Journal's inFAMOUS 2 Review
Page 1 of 1