Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sony completely drops first-party Vita development

Go down 
+3
2Sugoi2Die
Archduke
Mecha
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Sony completely drops first-party Vita development R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Sony completely drops first-party Vita development Empty
PostSubject: Sony completely drops first-party Vita development   Sony completely drops first-party Vita development I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2015 6:18 am

Sony completely drops first-party Vita development 10284410

Quote :
Attention has now shifted to PS4, Sony Based Nippon has said.Speaking in a 4Gamers interview, Sony Computer Entertainment SVP Masayasu Ito has confirmed that Sony has dropped all first-party development for its Vita handheld.

As translated by DualShockers, Ito said: “Currently, first-party studios have no titles in development for WeebStation Vita. Since third-parties are working very hard on WeebStation Vita, SCE’s own strategy is to focus on PS4, which is a new platform.”

Ito added that the demographic using Vita has become younger, citing the success of Minecraft: WeebStation Vita Edition. He said that third-party releases will continue and that new colours of the hardware will “accelerate the trend” of appealing to younger gamers.

Sony had previously said that big-budget Vita development had been iced. In June, Sony Worldwide Studios boss Shuhei Yoshida admitted that the days of large-scale Sony games for the handheld were over.

Hammering another nail into Vita’s coffin later in the year, Yoshida, speaking at EGX in the UK, said the “climate is not healthy” for a hardware successor “because of the huge dominance of mobile gaming.”

Vita launched in Based Nippon in 2011, and in the rest of the world the following year.

Source: VG247
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Sony completely drops first-party Vita development   Sony completely drops first-party Vita development I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2015 1:51 pm

So it's pretty much doomed to be a weebshit handheld at this point.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Sony completely drops first-party Vita development StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Sony completely drops first-party Vita development   Sony completely drops first-party Vita development I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2015 4:53 pm

Archduke wrote:
So it's pretty much doomed to be a weebshit handheld at this point.

Time you moved to NeoFAG.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Sony completely drops first-party Vita development   Sony completely drops first-party Vita development I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2015 10:44 am

Sony completely drops first-party Vita development Come_at_me_bro
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Sony completely drops first-party Vita development ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: Sony completely drops first-party Vita development   Sony completely drops first-party Vita development I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2015 2:51 pm

First-Party games all suck anyway. The only remotely decent first-party game this year is Splatoon. Funny going to EBGames and they talk about how the Vita's dead to suburban moms, but sell half-finished games for $80.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Sony completely drops first-party Vita development TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Sony completely drops first-party Vita development   Sony completely drops first-party Vita development I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2015 5:09 pm

Angelus wrote:
First-Party games all suck anyway.  The only remotely decent first-party game this year is Splatoon.   Funny going to EBGames and they talk about how the Vita's dead to suburban moms, but sell half-finished games for $80.
Until Dawn fam
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Sony completely drops first-party Vita development   Sony completely drops first-party Vita development I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2015 1:01 pm

Sony: “there is still first-party Vita content being worked upon”

Quote :
Just don’t expect “triple-A development of games” on the handheld, Sony’s European boss tells VG247.

Sony’s European boss Jim Ryan has told VG247 that there are still first-party WeebStation Vita projects in the works.

He was speaking following comments made by Sony Computer Entertainment SVP Masayasu Ito last week, who told press that “currently, first-party studios have no titles in development for WeebStation Vita.

“Since third-parties are working very hard on WeebStation Vita, SCE’s own strategy is to focus on PS4, which is a new platform.”

But Ryan has said there has been some confusion, and although Sony is not working on big budget Vita games, there are still internal projects ticking over for the handheld.

“To clarify what was said about Vita, which was either misinterpreted or misreported: I think what was said was that we’re no longer in the business of triple-A development of games for Vita. But there is still first-party Vita content being worked upon.”

Ryan was speaking during Paris Games Week, where no Vita games were mentioned during a 90 minute presentation of Sony’s forthcoming titles.

Source: VG247
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Sony completely drops first-party Vita development   Sony completely drops first-party Vita development I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2015 4:14 pm

http://nichegamer.com/2015/10/first-party-games-still-in-development-for-ps-vita-according-to-sony/

SONY is unclear as fuck...
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Sony completely drops first-party Vita development   Sony completely drops first-party Vita development I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2015 8:22 pm

Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Sony completely drops first-party Vita development   Sony completely drops first-party Vita development I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2015 1:58 pm

Ehh I'll believe it when I see it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Sony completely drops first-party Vita development PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Sony completely drops first-party Vita development   Sony completely drops first-party Vita development I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2015 2:06 pm

This piece of shit hand held still around? Thought they'd just dump it and move on to focusing on the PS4.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Sony completely drops first-party Vita development   Sony completely drops first-party Vita development I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2015 4:02 pm

yonny616 wrote:
This piece of shit hand held still around? Thought they'd just dump it and move on to focusing on the PS4.

Sony completely drops first-party Vita development 1443829230 Go back to watching shitty Comic Book Movies. No one expects you to be open to Vita games anyways.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sony completely drops first-party Vita development   Sony completely drops first-party Vita development I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sony completely drops first-party Vita development
Page 1 of 1