Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Was EA's Move to withdraw Games from Steam III Advised

Go down 
+2
Stoney
yonny616
6 posters
AuthorMessage
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Was EA's Move to withdraw Games from Steam III Advised  PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

Was EA's Move to withdraw Games from Steam III Advised  Empty
PostSubject: Was EA's Move to withdraw Games from Steam III Advised    Was EA's Move to withdraw Games from Steam III Advised  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 11:50 am

Was EA's Move to withdraw Games from Steam III Advised  1443829230 Why EA? Why? Just when gamers were starting to like you, then you pull this.
Quote :
It is with this philosophy that I find myself shocked at EA’s reckless decision to remove their highest profile titles including Crysis 2 and Battlefield 3 from Steam and only Steam. Clearly, I am not privy to the intricate relationships between publishers and Steam. It must be extremely complex when dealing with the leading distribution platform when a competing publisher owns that vehicle. Additionally, EA must have made the determination that building and promoting their own platform costs less than the amount they have to cut Valve in on when selling a Steam copy. This might make sense on the bottom line, but as a consumer and Steam user, the business reasons get in the way of my desire to digitally purchase EA titles. EA seems to have forgone the intrinsic value of the purchase, opting simply to use quantifiable metrics.
http://www.ztgd.com/articles/9870/was-ea%E2%80%99s-move-to-withdraw-games-from-steam-ill-advised/
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Was EA's Move to withdraw Games from Steam III Advised    Was EA's Move to withdraw Games from Steam III Advised  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 12:11 pm

I hate their business models/practices but love their games. FIFA 11, Dead Space 1 & 2, Dragon Age II and the Mass Effect series.

I'd be lost without FIFA, specifically.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: Was EA's Move to withdraw Games from Steam III Advised    Was EA's Move to withdraw Games from Steam III Advised  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 12:57 pm

They are taking Mass Effect too?
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Was EA's Move to withdraw Games from Steam III Advised  0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Was EA's Move to withdraw Games from Steam III Advised    Was EA's Move to withdraw Games from Steam III Advised  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 2:11 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
They are taking Mass Effect too?

no, it's still there(for now)
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Was EA's Move to withdraw Games from Steam III Advised    Was EA's Move to withdraw Games from Steam III Advised  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 3:14 pm

They're moving to their new online service, called Origin. It will be the only way to play The Old Republic.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

PostSubject: Re: Was EA's Move to withdraw Games from Steam III Advised    Was EA's Move to withdraw Games from Steam III Advised  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 3:41 pm

They are pretty much saying "hey, our service is inferior to steam, so we are gonna make you use it if you want to play these games!" instead of actually trying to compete.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Was EA's Move to withdraw Games from Steam III Advised    Was EA's Move to withdraw Games from Steam III Advised  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 4:00 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
They are pretty much saying "hey, our service is inferior to steam, so we are gonna make you use it if you want to play these games!" instead of actually trying to compete.
Sounds like something microsoft should do with games for windows. Razz
Back to top Go down
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

Stature : 48
America

PostSubject: Re: Was EA's Move to withdraw Games from Steam III Advised    Was EA's Move to withdraw Games from Steam III Advised  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 4:13 pm

Just wait, the good thing about PC gamers is that they don't take shit and actually boycott services. When Origins sales are shit compared to Steams, I think EA will reconsider their current position.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

PostSubject: Re: Was EA's Move to withdraw Games from Steam III Advised    Was EA's Move to withdraw Games from Steam III Advised  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 4:40 pm

BioRevenant wrote:
Just wait, the good thing about PC gamers is that they don't take shit and actually boycott services. When Origins sales are shit compared to Steams, I think EA will reconsider their current position.

This.

But it doesn't really effect me, I planned on buying the hard copy of BF3.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Was EA's Move to withdraw Games from Steam III Advised    Was EA's Move to withdraw Games from Steam III Advised  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Was EA's Move to withdraw Games from Steam III Advised
Page 1 of 1