Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fox: "We'll continue to rape The Fantastic Four franchise"

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Fox: "We'll continue to rape The Fantastic Four franchise" R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Fox: "We'll continue to rape The Fantastic Four franchise" Empty
PostSubject: Fox: "We'll continue to rape The Fantastic Four franchise"   Fox: "We'll continue to rape The Fantastic Four franchise" I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2015 2:21 pm

Fox: "We'll continue to rape The Fantastic Four franchise" S0m3lf10

Quote :
A lot of films have flopped in North America but later turned enough of a profit overseas to justify a sequel. That's not going to be the case with Fantastic Four! Following news of its dismal opening weekend, it turns out that it didn't fare any better internationally either as the reboot debuted with a dismal $34.1 million from 43 markets for a global haul of $60.3 million. This means that Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation was #1 worldwide for a second week with $65.5 million, and now a total of $265.3 million. With a horrendous C- CinemaScore, overwhelmingly negative reviews, and a director who has disowned the movie, Fantastic Four always had the odds stacked against it. 

What does this mean for the sequel? Fox are saying nothing about that movie (which is dated for 2017), but Fox domestic distribution chief Chris Aronson had this to say about these numbers: "While we're disappointed, we remain committed to these characters and we have a lot to look forward to in our Marvel universe." It's probably far too soon for any sort of decision to have been made by Fox about the future of the franchise, but this is one of the all-time worst debuts for a Marvel based property. It's only "beaten" by Ghost Rider: The Spirit of Vengeance which launched with a measly $22.1 million, but was significantly cheaper to produce than Fantastic Four.

Source: Comic Book Movie

Fuck you, Fox!
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Fox: "We'll continue to rape The Fantastic Four franchise" PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Fox: "We'll continue to rape The Fantastic Four franchise"   Fox: "We'll continue to rape The Fantastic Four franchise" I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2015 7:00 pm

Fox: "We'll continue to rape The Fantastic Four franchise" 725796345 I knew it.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Fox: "We'll continue to rape The Fantastic Four franchise"   Fox: "We'll continue to rape The Fantastic Four franchise" I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2015 10:53 pm

@yonny616 You really expect Fox would make another sequel? Even if they did another reboot in 7 years, that's still not enough time for people to forget about the bad Fantastic Four movies. Fox has destroyed the reputation of the Fantastic Four to the general audience. So even rebooting it in 7 years would still be way too risky. As for crossing over with the X-Men, Fox probably has to ask Marvel first in order to make that happen.

Besides, people are saying that Fox is talking about staying committed to this movie until DVD sales come in, and not exactly the franchise as a whole. Which makes sense since Sony and WB kinda did the same with The Amazing Spider-Man 2 and Green Lantern. I mean, what do you expect them to say? lol! These studios are not just going to say they give up now.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Fox: "We'll continue to rape The Fantastic Four franchise"   Fox: "We'll continue to rape The Fantastic Four franchise" I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2015 11:20 pm

Mecha wrote:
@yonny616 You really expect Fox would make another sequel? Even if they did another reboot in 7 years, that's still not enough time for people to forget about the bad Fantastic Four movies. Fox has destroyed the reputation of the Fantastic Four to the general audience. So even rebooting it in 7 years would still be way too risky. As for crossing over with the X-Men, Fox probably has to ask Marvel first in order to make that happen.

Besides, people are saying that Fox is talking about staying committed to this movie until DVD sales come in, and not exactly the franchise as a whole. Which makes sense since Sony and WB kinda did the same with The Amazing Spider-Man 2 and Green Lantern. I mean, what do you expect them to say? lol! These studios are not just going to say they give up now.
The only thing I meant was I knew they weren't going to give them up. It's something I hope, but they can make a Silver Surfer film and still keep the rights to the franchise. So it doesn't need to be another F4 film.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Fox: "We'll continue to rape The Fantastic Four franchise"   Fox: "We'll continue to rape The Fantastic Four franchise" I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2015 11:53 pm

@yonny616 Oh God I hope not. Silver Surfer needs to be in The Avengers: Infinity War instead. Fuck you, Fox!
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Fox: "We'll continue to rape The Fantastic Four franchise" Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Fox: "We'll continue to rape The Fantastic Four franchise"   Fox: "We'll continue to rape The Fantastic Four franchise" I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 6:07 am

Well, video-on-demand, DVD, Blu-Ray, etc. is a much bigger and much more profitable market than Box-office for studios, anyway. I'm sure if it does really well, they'd plan some sort of sequel or some form of continuation of the use of the franchise itself.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Fox: "We'll continue to rape The Fantastic Four franchise"   Fox: "We'll continue to rape The Fantastic Four franchise" I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 7:50 am

@RamboOnRedBull I don't know? I heard that Fantastic Four needs to be at a certain budget. Otherwise, Fox will lose the rights to it.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Fox: "We'll continue to rape The Fantastic Four franchise"   Fox: "We'll continue to rape The Fantastic Four franchise" I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 8:37 am

Mecha wrote:
@RamboOnRedBull I don't know? I heard that Fantastic Four needs to be at a certain budget. Otherwise, Fox will lose the rights to it.

Fox will keep making the movies, as long as there's a market for them. Fox's reason for making it, in the first place, was to take advantage of the potential box-office success it could've been. I don't see them losing the rights over this.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Fox: "We'll continue to rape The Fantastic Four franchise"   Fox: "We'll continue to rape The Fantastic Four franchise" I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 9:48 am

@RamboOnRedBull Yeah, they'll keep making more Fantastic Four movies alright. If they want to lose money that is. Like I told Yonny, Fox only has 7 years to make another Fantastic Four movie or they'll lose the rights. That isn't enough time for people to get rid of the bad taste of the previous Fantastic Four movies in their mouths. People would be very hesitant to see another Fantastic Four reboot again the next time, after Fox destroyed the general audience's trust with the franchise. And if Fox does reboot it again, what, it's going to be another rushed origin story? Come on. If Fox had trouble putting out another Daredevil movie, how the hell are they going to put out another Fantastic Four movie in time? Sure they put out a lot of X-Men movies, but that's because they actually make money.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Fox: "We'll continue to rape The Fantastic Four franchise"   Fox: "We'll continue to rape The Fantastic Four franchise" I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 2:09 pm

Mecha wrote:
@RamboOnRedBull Yeah, they'll keep making more Fantastic Four movies alright. If they want to lose money that is. Like I told Yonny, Fox only has 7 years to make another Fantastic Four movie or they'll lose the rights. That isn't enough time for people to get rid of the bad taste of the previous Fantastic Four movies in their mouths. People would be very hesitant to see another Fantastic Four reboot again the next time, after Fox destroyed the general audience's trust with the franchise. And if Fox does reboot it again, what, it's going to be another rushed origin story? Come on. If Fox had trouble putting out another Daredevil movie, how the hell are they going to put out another Fantastic Four movie in time? Sure they put out a lot of X-Men movies, but that's because they actually make money.

You answered it yourself. They have 7 years or they lose the rights, which means that Fox will do whatever to keep those rights one way or another.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Fox: "We'll continue to rape The Fantastic Four franchise"   Fox: "We'll continue to rape The Fantastic Four franchise" I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 2:31 pm

@RamboOnRedBull So Fox has no intention to make a successful Fantastic Four movie? They're just going to make a new Fantastic Four movie and lose money every time the expiration date is near by, just for the sake of keeping the rights? That makes no sense what's so ever.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Fox: "We'll continue to rape The Fantastic Four franchise"   Fox: "We'll continue to rape The Fantastic Four franchise" I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 2:34 pm

Mecha wrote:
@RamboOnRedBull So Fox has no intention to make a successful Fantastic Four movie? They're just going to make a new Fantastic Four movie and lose money every time the expiration date is near by, just for the sake of keeping the rights? That makes no sense what's so ever.

It makes sense for Fox to make a new FF movie and make sure it has a wider audience and better word-to-mouth than this. If they don't, Marvel will gain an even bigger market share, and could generate millions-upon-millions of dollars instead of them. The smart business tactic would be to outhink them, and find a way to make a FF movie work before Marvel does.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Fox: "We'll continue to rape The Fantastic Four franchise"   Fox: "We'll continue to rape The Fantastic Four franchise" I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 3:02 pm

@RamboOnRedBull But like I said before, 7 years isn't enough time for people to forget about the bad Fantastic Four movies. Also, good word of mouth? They should have done that with THIS reboot. Since they only have 7 years, they probably would have to announce the reboot like in 3 or 4 years. Which will create negative buzz for rebooting it so soon and people no longer trust Fox with Fantastic Four. Sure Batman and Spider-Man get rebooted all the time, but Fantastic Four's popularity has decline and they have FOUR bad movies in a row (no pun intended). I don't even think Marvel can help the Fantastic Four. I mean, they can, but I don't think they will reboot it right away like they are doing with Spider-Man. They'll probably have Fantastic Four appear in other Marvel movies first in order for them to gain popularity again, and maybe then they'll have their own stand-alone movie.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Fox: "We'll continue to rape The Fantastic Four franchise"   Fox: "We'll continue to rape The Fantastic Four franchise" I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 3:20 pm

Mecha wrote:
@RamboOnRedBull But like I said before, 7 years isn't enough time for people to forget about the bad Fantastic Four movies. Also, good word of mouth? They should have done that with THIS reboot. Since they only have 7 years, they probably would have to announce the reboot like in 3 or 4 years. Which will create negative buzz for rebooting it so soon and people no longer trust Fox with Fantastic Four. Sure Batman and Spider-Man get rebooted all the time, but Fantastic Four's popularity has decline and they have FOUR bad movies in a row (no pun intended). I don't even think Marvel can help the Fantastic Four. I mean, they can, but I don't think they will reboot it right away like they are doing with Spider-Man. They'll probably have Fantastic Four appear in other Marvel movies first in order for them to gain popularity again, and maybe then they'll have their own stand-alone movie.

They're not going to make people forget about it. All they have to do is convince people to give another one a try. Considering that superhero movies, generally speaking, make a lot of money when the advertising is right, then it wouldn't be far-fetched for them to try to go a lower (not low, just lower than usual) budget the next time, and make it appeal to as many people as possible. It's a LOT smarter than losing even more ground to Marvel. Which could make Marvel gain millions of dollars in the long-run - and would be bad for Fox.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Fox: "We'll continue to rape The Fantastic Four franchise"   Fox: "We'll continue to rape The Fantastic Four franchise" I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 3:44 pm

@RamboOnRedBull What will make the next reboot any different? Really, it's easier said than done. Fox couldn't even hold on the rights to Daredevil. Also rebooting it with a lower budget? Really? Fox already went cheap with Josh Trank's Fantastic Four, if anything. Any cheaper and you're asking to get shot in the foot. Sure, it isn't impossible for a good and cheaper Fantastic Four movie, but neither is Uwe Boll making a good movie either.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Fox: "We'll continue to rape The Fantastic Four franchise"   Fox: "We'll continue to rape The Fantastic Four franchise" I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 4:38 pm

Again, they don't need to make Fantastic Four films to keep the rights. They can make a Silver Surfer film next and they'd still keep the rights for another 7 years.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Fox: "We'll continue to rape The Fantastic Four franchise"   Fox: "We'll continue to rape The Fantastic Four franchise" I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 4:55 pm

@yonny616 Doesn't mean they will though. If they can't get Fantastic Four right, what makes them think Silver Surfer will?
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Fox: "We'll continue to rape The Fantastic Four franchise"   Fox: "We'll continue to rape The Fantastic Four franchise" I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 6:10 pm

Mecha wrote:
@yonny616 Doesn't mean they will though. If they can't get Fantastic Four right, what makes them think Silver Surfer will?
Doesn't mean they won't either. The Fantastic Four franchise is in the gutter right now. A Silver Surfer film would be a different franchise that wouldn't carry the Fantastic Four stink in the general audience and allow them to keep the rights which is what Fox wants.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Fox: "We'll continue to rape The Fantastic Four franchise"   Fox: "We'll continue to rape The Fantastic Four franchise" I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 6:16 pm

@yonny616 Meh. I highly doubt it. You need to earn the trust of fans in order to make something like Silver Surfer. Not saying it can't be done, but Fox has limit themselves to the point where they can't afford another disaster.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Fox: "We'll continue to rape The Fantastic Four franchise"   Fox: "We'll continue to rape The Fantastic Four franchise" I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 6:25 pm

Mecha wrote:
@yonny616 Meh. I highly doubt it. You need to earn the trust of fans in order to make something like Silver Surfer. Not saying it can't be done, but Fox has limit themselves to the point where they can't afford another disaster.
No they don't. They just need to make it good. Umm, this is Fox. Not Sony. They aren't bleeding any money last I checked and had most of the film market share last year. In the way you're throwing "afford" yes, yes they can.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Fox: "We'll continue to rape The Fantastic Four franchise"   Fox: "We'll continue to rape The Fantastic Four franchise" I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 6:45 pm

@yonny616 Making it good? It's easier said than done. What makes you think they didn't try to make it good this time? Also just because Fox has money, doesn't mean they like to lose money. Yes, a studio like Fox can take risk. But damn! How many more risk can they take with Fantastic Four? So if Fox decides to do another Fantastic Four related movie, and it flops, are you still going to say they should try again just so they can keep the rights? That's not a very good business strategy. If they are not making any money with the franchise, then what the hell is the point of keeping the rights? It makes no sense.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Fox: "We'll continue to rape The Fantastic Four franchise"   Fox: "We'll continue to rape The Fantastic Four franchise" I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 7:11 pm

Mecha wrote:
@yonny616 Making it good? It's easier said than done. What makes you think they didn't try to make it good this time? Also just because Fox has money, doesn't mean they like to lose money. Yes, a studio like Fox can take risk. But damn! How many more risk can they take with Fantastic Four? So if Fox decides to do another Fantastic Four related movie, and it flops, are you still going to say they should try again just so they can keep the rights? That's not a very good business strategy. If they are not making any money with the franchise, then what the hell is the point of keeping the rights? It makes no sense.
Did I say it was easy? Did I say they didn't try? Then you can say "they can't afford" to just about any other film studio and the "they can't afford" is just meaningless and over-dramatic. When did I say that? All I said is they can do a Silver Surfer film, which won't carry the F4 stink with the general audience, and they'd keep the rights. They see money in the franchise. It's why they keep trying.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Fox: "We'll continue to rape The Fantastic Four franchise"   Fox: "We'll continue to rape The Fantastic Four franchise" I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 7:18 pm

@yonny616 No. If you're going to make an argument, then you have to come up with a more realistic scenario. Instead of saying they can do this or that. M. Night Shyamalan's next film can also be good, but I'm not going to hold my breath for it now.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Fox: "We'll continue to rape The Fantastic Four franchise"   Fox: "We'll continue to rape The Fantastic Four franchise" I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 7:26 pm

Mecha wrote:
@yonny616 No. If you're going to make an argument, then you have to come up with a more realistic scenario. Instead of saying they can do this or that. M. Night Shyamalan's next film can also be good, but I'm not going to hold my breath for it now.
Saying something "could be good" IS a realistic scenario.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Fox: "We'll continue to rape The Fantastic Four franchise"   Fox: "We'll continue to rape The Fantastic Four franchise" I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 7:32 pm

@yonny616 But how many times can you say that though? Fox dun goof'd like three times with the Fantastic Four franchise, and you're still going to be optimistic about it? When is enough is enough?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fox: "We'll continue to rape The Fantastic Four franchise"   Fox: "We'll continue to rape The Fantastic Four franchise" I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fox: "We'll continue to rape The Fantastic Four franchise"
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next