Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Will Sony Exclusives Continue To Reign On The PS4?

Go down 
+6
Archduke
Stigma
The_Biotic_God
BioDemon
Hydell
Mecha
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Will Sony Exclusives Continue To Reign On The PS4? R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Will Sony Exclusives Continue To Reign On The PS4? Empty
PostSubject: Will Sony Exclusives Continue To Reign On The PS4?   Will Sony Exclusives Continue To Reign On The PS4? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 1:32 am

Will Sony Exclusives Continue To Reign On The PS4? Uncharted2_01

Quote :
Some will say they don't sell as well as they should. Others say they're crucial for driving hardware sales.

But there's little doubt that PlayStation 3 exclusives have often been a cut above this generation, and the competition has to respect that. So the question is, will Sony continue their first-party dominance in the new generation, or will Microsoft step up and start focusing on more exclusives, too?

For the record, I'm well aware of the exclusives on Nintendo's side; it's essentially all they've got, as far as I'm concerned. But that's still plenty, obviously. This is more about Sony vs. Microsoft and the ongoing exclusive debate, which I believe studios like Naughty Dog, Kojima Productions, Sucker Punch, Polyphony Digital, Media Molecule, and Guerrilla Games essentially ended over the past few years. Microsoft has to recognize that certain first-party developers on Sony's side have displayed cutting-edge technology on a level the 360 hasn't really seen.

It's a great way to show off a system's capabilities, isn't it? So wouldn't Microsoft want more of this, especially when a new machine comes rolling around? You can toss out another Gears, Haloand Forzabut I think they need more of the new IPs that helped showcase the PS3's skills; i.e., Uncharted, Heavy Rain, LittleBigPlanet, etc. Now, if MS doesn't really step up and Sony still has all that amazing first-party talent, I think the PS4 might still have the same advantage over the competition.

If the PS4 isn't too far off, Sony could come with a huge array of hard-hitting exclusives, like Uncharted 4, Killzone 4, Gran Turismo 6, inFamous 3, and Metal Gear Solid 5(if the latter is indeed exclusive at all). Add those to whatever new IPs the teams are working on for the upcoming generation, and I'd say Sony is fairly well positioned.

http://www.psxextreme.com/ps4-news/4.html
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Will Sony Exclusives Continue To Reign On The PS4?   Will Sony Exclusives Continue To Reign On The PS4? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 3:09 am

The 360 had far more exclusive at the start. But is completely ignoring the core crowd now.

The PS3 has more exclusives in 2009-2012. But sucked ass at the start.

The wii defeats both the PS3 and 360 in exclusives. But lacks multiplatforms.

I'd say the ps4 should have the most potential for exclusives in the future if they give out great launch games at the start like they do with the vita.

Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Will Sony Exclusives Continue To Reign On The PS4?   Will Sony Exclusives Continue To Reign On The PS4? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 7:23 am

The Wii's exclusives are exclusive in the same way that dog shit only comes from dogs.
Back to top Go down
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

Stature : 48
America

PostSubject: Re: Will Sony Exclusives Continue To Reign On The PS4?   Will Sony Exclusives Continue To Reign On The PS4? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 7:46 am

Reaper wrote:
The Wii's exclusives are exclusive in the same way that dog shit only comes from dogs.

Spit my soda all over the fucking screen.

:lolguy:
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Will Sony Exclusives Continue To Reign On The PS4?   Will Sony Exclusives Continue To Reign On The PS4? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 2:58 pm

If you think Sony's 1st party lineup is a "step above" that of multiplatform titles then you are out of your mind. I think PS3 exclusives are good but they're so fucking overrated.

EDIT:

Will Sony Exclusives Continue To Reign On The PS4? 1443829230

Seriously? This is EXACTLY what I'm talking about. If I say anything remotely negative about Sony or their products I get negged....Look 2 posts above mine and you'll see some one getting a +1 for comparing Wii exclusives to dogshit...So much hypocrisy.

Last edited by The_Biotic_God on Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Will Sony Exclusives Continue To Reign On The PS4?   Will Sony Exclusives Continue To Reign On The PS4? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 5:28 pm

Yeah I agree with Alan here. My favorite games this gen were multiplats. Honestly I don't give a shit about exclusives anymore. The only reason I like 360 better is because multiplats run better on it and have faster loading.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Will Sony Exclusives Continue To Reign On The PS4?   Will Sony Exclusives Continue To Reign On The PS4? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 5:57 pm

The Playstation Brand has always had amazing exclusives. No way this stops on the PS4.

Plus, Xbox still got no gaems. :lolguy:
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Will Sony Exclusives Continue To Reign On The PS4?   Will Sony Exclusives Continue To Reign On The PS4? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 4:31 am

I agree with alan there. This forum is kinda filled with double standards but that has always been the case. Razz
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: Will Sony Exclusives Continue To Reign On The PS4?   Will Sony Exclusives Continue To Reign On The PS4? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 5:52 am

Exclusives are great, but multiplats really define a generation. This gen we've had titles like Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect, Bioshock, Batman AA, Call of Duty 4, Red Dead, GTA IV, Skyrim, Fallout and probably a lot more that I've forgot.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Will Sony Exclusives Continue To Reign On The PS4?   Will Sony Exclusives Continue To Reign On The PS4? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 3:08 am

The_Biotic_God wrote:
If you think Sony's 1st party lineup is a "step above" that of multiplatform titles then you are out of your mind. I think PS3 exclusives are good but they're so fucking overrated.

EDIT:

Will Sony Exclusives Continue To Reign On The PS4? 1443829230

Seriously? This is EXACTLY what I'm talking about. If I say anything remotely negative about Sony or their products I get negged....Look 2 posts above mine and you'll see some one getting a +1 for comparing Wii exclusives to dogshit...So much hypocrisy.

The Sony 1st party stuff is a step above multiplatforms from a technical standpoint, but i just find the multiplayer on multiplats more appealing so i agree with you, its like Sony 1st party Devs havent figured out how to make their games online more appealing for longer yet or something.

Plus i havent bought a PS3 exclusive since Killzone 3, its all been about Battlefield for me.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Will Sony Exclusives Continue To Reign On The PS4? PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Will Sony Exclusives Continue To Reign On The PS4?   Will Sony Exclusives Continue To Reign On The PS4? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 2:51 pm

ghost23 wrote:
Exclusives are great, but multiplats really define a generation. This gen we've had titles like Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect, Bioshock, Batman AA, Call of Duty 4, Red Dead, GTA IV, Skyrim, Fallout and probably a lot more that I've forgot.
Care to explain how multiplats define a generation?
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Will Sony Exclusives Continue To Reign On The PS4? XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Will Sony Exclusives Continue To Reign On The PS4?   Will Sony Exclusives Continue To Reign On The PS4? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 4:49 pm

ghost23 wrote:
I don't think multiplats were even that prominent until this gen. Looking back at last gen, what games do most people remember? Halo on Xbox. Jak, Ratchet, Ico, Sly, and Kingdom Hearts on PS2. Zelda, Mario, Kirby, Smash Bros., and Star Fox on Gamecube. Hell, people even remember Shenmue and Jet Grind Radio on Dreamcast.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: Will Sony Exclusives Continue To Reign On The PS4?   Will Sony Exclusives Continue To Reign On The PS4? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 6:55 pm

yonny616 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

Since gaming has expanded to greater audiences this generation but still remains an expensive hobby, not all the gamers will play or own both consoles. There will be plenty of 360 owners who never play Uncharted 2 and there will be plenty of PS3 owners who never player Gears of War 3. But if you own either console, chances are you have picked up some of the excellent multiplats such as Bioshock, Call of Duty 4 and Assassin's Creed.
And I personally think that there have been more higher quality multiplats than exclusives this gen.
But I think TRF is right, its really become prominent this generation and I would probably say its because of the rise in 3rd party and independent development.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Will Sony Exclusives Continue To Reign On The PS4? XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Will Sony Exclusives Continue To Reign On The PS4?   Will Sony Exclusives Continue To Reign On The PS4? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 7:42 pm

ghost23 wrote:
But I think TRF is right, its really become prominent this generation and I would probably say its because of the rise in 3rd party and independent development.
I think it's also, in part, due to the expansion of the art form in terms of popularity. Gaming was less mainstream last generation, so perhaps it was riskier to put games on multiple platforms given the smaller market.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Will Sony Exclusives Continue To Reign On The PS4?   Will Sony Exclusives Continue To Reign On The PS4? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 10:05 pm

ghost23 wrote:
yonny616 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

Since gaming has expanded to greater audiences this generation but still remains an expensive hobby, not all the gamers will play or own both consoles. There will be plenty of 360 owners who never play Uncharted 2 and there will be plenty of PS3 owners who never player Gears of War 3. But if you own either console, chances are you have picked up some of the excellent multiplats such as Bioshock, Call of Duty 4 and Assassin's Creed.
And I personally think that there have been more higher quality multiplats than exclusives this gen.
Yeah but gaming has only actually gone mainstream this generation. I actually believe that Exclusives defined this generation since it became a dying breed of games.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Will Sony Exclusives Continue To Reign On The PS4?   Will Sony Exclusives Continue To Reign On The PS4? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 10:16 pm

yonny616 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
yonny616 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

Yeah but gaming has only actually gone mainstream this generation. I actually believe that Exclusives defined this generation since it became a dying breed of games.

What?..

Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Will Sony Exclusives Continue To Reign On The PS4?   Will Sony Exclusives Continue To Reign On The PS4? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 11:00 pm

The_Biotic_God wrote:
yonny616 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
yonny616 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

What?..

Yeah, I thought I didn't give a good explanation. Razz I mean Exclusives aren't made as much as they used to be. They're mostly made by 1st/2nd party studios unlike last generation where they were made by 3rd parties mostly.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Will Sony Exclusives Continue To Reign On The PS4?   Will Sony Exclusives Continue To Reign On The PS4? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 12:07 am

yonny616 wrote:
The_Biotic_God wrote:
yonny616 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
yonny616 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

What?..

Yeah, I thought I didn't give a good explanation. Razz I mean Exclusives aren't made as much as they used to be. They're mostly made by 1st/2nd party studios unlike last generation where they were made by 3rd parties mostly.

That does not make them a step above multiplats in terms of quality. The best you could argue is that exclusives can be used as gaming icons for consoles.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Will Sony Exclusives Continue To Reign On The PS4?   Will Sony Exclusives Continue To Reign On The PS4? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 11:32 am

^

And as reasons people would buy the console.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Will Sony Exclusives Continue To Reign On The PS4?   Will Sony Exclusives Continue To Reign On The PS4? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 1:19 pm

Teckno wrote:
^

And as reasons people would buy the console.

That's redundant information....I'm arguing that exclusives aren't of higher quality than multiplatform games.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will Sony Exclusives Continue To Reign On The PS4?   Will Sony Exclusives Continue To Reign On The PS4? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Will Sony Exclusives Continue To Reign On The PS4?
Page 1 of 1