Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Coen Brothers to do their FIRST Hollywood film?!?!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

The Coen Brothers to do their FIRST Hollywood film?!?! Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

The Coen Brothers to do their FIRST Hollywood film?!?! Empty
PostSubject: The Coen Brothers to do their FIRST Hollywood film?!?!   The Coen Brothers to do their FIRST Hollywood film?!?! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 5:09 pm

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/coen-brothers-adapt-black-crime-novel-1201557279/

The Coen Brothers to do their FIRST Hollywood film?!?! Joel-and-ethan-coen

Quote :
Joel and Ethan Coen will write and possibly direct an adaptation of Ross MacDonald’s bestselling novel “Black Money” for Warner Bros., sources have confirmed to Variety.

Joel Silver is on board to produce and co-finance the film with Warner Bros. via Silver Pictures Entertainment. Steve White will exec produce.

The story follows a private eye who’s hired by a betrayed lover to expose the man who ran off with his girlfriend, only to discover a major conspiracy at the root of the case. MacDonald wrote the novel in 1966 and died in 1983.
The film fits into the Coens’ wheelhouse of noir films, which include “Barton Fink,” “Fargo” and “Blood Simple.”
The Coen brothers most recently wrapped production on Universal’s [Distributing] “Hail Caesar!” with a cast that includes George Clooney, Channing Tatum, Scarlett Johansson and Jonah Hill.

DSP2 DSP2 DSP2 DSP2 DSP2 DSP2
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

The Coen Brothers to do their FIRST Hollywood film?!?! R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: The Coen Brothers to do their FIRST Hollywood film?!?!   The Coen Brothers to do their FIRST Hollywood film?!?! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 5:13 pm

Wait, I'm confused. They have never done a Hollywood film before? ._.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: The Coen Brothers to do their FIRST Hollywood film?!?!   The Coen Brothers to do their FIRST Hollywood film?!?! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 5:18 pm

Mecha wrote:
Wait, I'm confused. They have never done a Hollywood film before? ._.

They've done indie movies and indie films with Hollywood distributing. Never an actual Hollywood production. They've always said they were worried about losing control, so to see them do it with Warner Bros. just shows that WB will let them do their vision.

Dude, could you imagine? DSP2
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: The Coen Brothers to do their FIRST Hollywood film?!?!   The Coen Brothers to do their FIRST Hollywood film?!?! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 5:25 pm

@yonny616 I don't even know what to say? This is weird to me, lol! I mean, I understand that not every film is Hollywood made. But damn! You would think big name filmmakers like The Coen Brothers did at least one or two Hollywood films.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: The Coen Brothers to do their FIRST Hollywood film?!?!   The Coen Brothers to do their FIRST Hollywood film?!?! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 5:29 pm

Mecha wrote:
@yonny616 I don't even know what to say? This is weird to me, lol! I mean, I understand that not every film is Hollywood made. But damn! You would think big name filmmakers like The Coen Brothers did at least one or two Hollywood films.

Yeah, it's kind of weird that some of the most recognized filmmakers ever never did any Hollywood films so far. But, dude, Warner Bros. and the Coens would be amazing.  The Coen Brothers to do their FIRST Hollywood film?!?! 1551590605
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: The Coen Brothers to do their FIRST Hollywood film?!?!   The Coen Brothers to do their FIRST Hollywood film?!?! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 5:41 pm

Coens for DC next?
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: The Coen Brothers to do their FIRST Hollywood film?!?!   The Coen Brothers to do their FIRST Hollywood film?!?! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 5:49 pm

I can't think of a single DC Superhero that fits the Coen Brothers' style?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: The Coen Brothers to do their FIRST Hollywood film?!?!   The Coen Brothers to do their FIRST Hollywood film?!?! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 6:01 pm

Detective Chimp?

The Coen Brothers to do their FIRST Hollywood film?!?! 20140910
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: The Coen Brothers to do their FIRST Hollywood film?!?!   The Coen Brothers to do their FIRST Hollywood film?!?! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 6:06 pm

Mecha wrote:
Detective Chimp?

The Coen Brothers to do their FIRST Hollywood film?!?! 20140910

But wouldn't he have to fit into Warner Bros. universe that already includes Batman and Superman? Just doesn't seem like the Coens' style really fits those type of worlds.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: The Coen Brothers to do their FIRST Hollywood film?!?!   The Coen Brothers to do their FIRST Hollywood film?!?! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 6:07 pm

@RamboOnRedBull I know. But it would be fun though. Razz
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: The Coen Brothers to do their FIRST Hollywood film?!?!   The Coen Brothers to do their FIRST Hollywood film?!?! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 6:21 pm

Mecha wrote:
@RamboOnRedBull I know. But it would be fun though. Razz

It would be really fun if they did with the same style as Burn After Reading. That's one of my favorite films from their filmography, to be honest.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: The Coen Brothers to do their FIRST Hollywood film?!?!   The Coen Brothers to do their FIRST Hollywood film?!?! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 6:37 pm

The Big Lebowski is kinda growing on me after multiple viewings. I don't know? I don't know why I can't love The Big Lebowski? It's weird. It has a great cast and crew, and it has my type of humor. Yet I don't care for it that much, and funny thing is a lot of people agree with me despite being a cult classic. I just don't understand?
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: The Coen Brothers to do their FIRST Hollywood film?!?!   The Coen Brothers to do their FIRST Hollywood film?!?! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 12:15 am

Out of their filmography, I've only seen True Grit, Fargo, and Burn After Reading. I loved True Grit and Fargo, and I thought they were great. Burn After Reading, on the other hand, I didn't necessarily care for it too much and I don't like the movie. I still need to watch No Country for Old Men, O Brother, Where Art Thou?, and Inside Llewyn Davis among others.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: The Coen Brothers to do their FIRST Hollywood film?!?!   The Coen Brothers to do their FIRST Hollywood film?!?! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 10:34 am

Archduke wrote:
Burn After Reading, on the other hand, I didn't necessarily care for it too much and I don't like the movie.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Coen Brothers to do their FIRST Hollywood film?!?!   The Coen Brothers to do their FIRST Hollywood film?!?! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Coen Brothers to do their FIRST Hollywood film?!?!
Page 1 of 1