Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ellen Page being eyed for Clarice Starling in Hannibal

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Ellen Page being eyed for Clarice Starling in Hannibal R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Ellen Page being eyed for Clarice Starling in Hannibal Empty
PostSubject: Ellen Page being eyed for Clarice Starling in Hannibal   Ellen Page being eyed for Clarice Starling in Hannibal I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2015 11:29 am

Ellen Page being eyed for Clarice Starling in Hannibal Gty_el10

Quote :
“Hannibal” is currently trying to find a home for a potential Season 4, even though Amazon and Netflix passed on picking it up after NBC canceled the series. Showrunner Bryan Fuller is still keeping the dream alive for future iterations of the story, including his casting ideas for Clarice.
“I love Ellen Page,” he says at a press conference during San Diego Comic-Con. “I think she would be a great Clarice, but I also love the idea of casting someone who’s not white in that role and having race play a factor in Clarice’s background in a way that race plays a factor in everybody’s background.”
He does note that “because the show is changing formats, it may not be possible” to get the character for “Hannibal” at all.
RELATED: ‘Hannibal’ canceled; Netflix and Amazon pass on Season 4
There are bigger hoops to jump through to get the iconic “Silence of the Lambs” heroine on the small screen than just getting Season 4 picked up. The rights to that novel are owned by MGM, and they haven’t given them up yet. When Fuller spoke with the studio before Season 3 they said, “Ask us again next year.”
Fuller explained to gathered reporters that he had a feeling cancelation was coming once Season 3’s episodes dipped below a certain threshold in the ratings. However he says streaming services like Hulu haven’t passed yet “that I’m aware of,” so there still is hope.
As Season 3 was close to finishing filming, Bryan Fuller detailed to star Hugh Dancy what Season 4 could be.
RELATED: ‘Hannibal’ cast released from contracts after NBC cancelation
“As we were talking about the way it would conclude, he started to describe how he imagined that might play out in a prospective fourth season from point A to point B,” Dancy says. “It was such a different place for it to go. What I can tell you is it was almost a kind of amazing inversion and return to the first season.”
He seems to feel satisfied with the series even if it isn’t picked up for future seasons, saying “Hannibal” means “an enormous amount to me on every level.”
“It’s been a really wonderful time playing it,” he says. “It’s very bittersweet. I don’t know what the future of the show is if there’s a future for the show, but it’s part celebration and part something else, because I don’t expect to have an experience of this nature for a long time, if ever.”
“Hannibal” airs Thursdays at 10 p.m. ET/PT on NBC.

Source: Zap2It
Back to top Go down

Ellen Page being eyed for Clarice Starling in Hannibal
Page 1 of 1