Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FOX Making Movie On Marriage Equality Ruling

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

FOX Making Movie On Marriage Equality Ruling PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

FOX Making Movie On Marriage Equality Ruling Empty
PostSubject: FOX Making Movie On Marriage Equality Ruling   FOX Making Movie On Marriage Equality Ruling I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 4:05 pm

FOX Making Movie On Marriage Equality Ruling Jim-obergefell-supreme-court-marriage-equality
Quote :
Fox 2000 is developing a movie about the plaintiff in the June 26 ruling by the U.S. Supreme Court case that effectively legalized same-sex marriage.

Fox has acquired the life rights of Jim Obergefell, the lead plaintiff in the lawsuit that went to the court. The studio has also bought life rights to Obergefell’s attorney Al Gerhardstein.

“It’s reassuring to learn that what I was told as a child is true: One person — or two people, in our case — really can change the world,” Obergefell wrote in a guest column in Variety‘s Special Issue on marriage equality, published three days after the ruling.

The Fox 2000 division has set up the project with producers Wyck Godfrey and Marty Bowen through their Temple Hill banner. Their credits include the five “Twilight” films and “The Fault in Our Stars.”

The studio has also bought the movie rights to a book proposal by Obergefell and journalist Debbie Cenziper, to be titled “21 Years to Midnight.”

In the June 26 ruling, the Supreme Court found by a 5-to-4 vote that the Constitution guarantees a right to same-sex marriage.

Obergefell married John Arthur in Maryland in 2013, three months before Arthur died. The state of Ohio refused to list Obergefell as his spouse on the death certificate, so Obergefell sued.

In the  recent guest column for Variety, Obergefell recounted how he and his husband had decided to take on the state of Ohio over its same-sex marriage ban.

“We decided to stand up for our marriage and to no longer accept being treated as second-class citizens,” he said. “We filed suit against the state of Ohio to demand recognition of our lawful, out-of-state marriage on John’s impending death certificate. Our decision, motivated by pain and anger, created a chain of results I never expected. The obvious result of that decision is my trip to the United States Supreme Court as the named plaintiff in Obergefell v. Hodges, the landmark case about the right to marry throughout our country.

“What I didn’t expect on my way to that courtroom was to discover how much our story and our fight resonated with people across the country. People stop me to say thanks, to tell me their story, to talk about a loved one, to offer condolences, or to simply hug me.”

Cenziper won a Pulitzer Prize in 2007 for local reporting for the Miami Herald. She currently works for the Washington Post.

The news about the movie was first reported by the New York Times.
http://variety.com/2015/film/news/fox-movie-supreme-court-same-sex-marriage-ruling-1201535715/

Wow! That was quick.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

FOX Making Movie On Marriage Equality Ruling R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: FOX Making Movie On Marriage Equality Ruling   FOX Making Movie On Marriage Equality Ruling I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 4:08 pm

yonny616 wrote:
Wow! That was quick.

That's what she (or he?) said.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

FOX Making Movie On Marriage Equality Ruling Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: FOX Making Movie On Marriage Equality Ruling   FOX Making Movie On Marriage Equality Ruling I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 5:22 pm

Fox 2000 is the best Fox company right now IMO
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FOX Making Movie On Marriage Equality Ruling   FOX Making Movie On Marriage Equality Ruling I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FOX Making Movie On Marriage Equality Ruling
Page 1 of 1