Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Batman: Arkham Knight Spoiler Discussion Thread

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Batman: Arkham Knight Spoiler Discussion Thread PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

Batman: Arkham Knight Spoiler Discussion Thread Empty
PostSubject: Batman: Arkham Knight Spoiler Discussion Thread   Batman: Arkham Knight Spoiler Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2015 5:48 pm

So if you couldn't read the title, this thread will be heavy in spoilers. If you don't care, keep reading on.

Alright, so those who have the game what do you think about the way they brought back The Joker? I think it was pretty fucking clever. I thought he was actually there when he first shows up.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Batman: Arkham Knight Spoiler Discussion Thread R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Spoiler Discussion Thread   Batman: Arkham Knight Spoiler Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2015 6:01 pm

Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Spoiler Discussion Thread   Batman: Arkham Knight Spoiler Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 7:46 pm

So am I the only one who's loving all the references littered around the game? Some thugs mention Black Canary, hint towards Superman in many ways. In on part on Oracle's clock tower you can see an IM conversation she's having with Huntress. So many easter eggs!
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Spoiler Discussion Thread   Batman: Arkham Knight Spoiler Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 8:15 pm

yonny616 wrote:
So am I the only one who's loving all the references littered around the game? Some thugs mention Black Canary, hint towards Superman in many ways. In on part on Oracle's clock tower you can see an IM conversation she's having with Huntress. So many easter eggs!

Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Spoiler Discussion Thread   Batman: Arkham Knight Spoiler Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2015 4:27 pm

The scarecrow nightmare missions are so much fun! Batman: Arkham Knight Spoiler Discussion Thread 2505020059
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Spoiler Discussion Thread   Batman: Arkham Knight Spoiler Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2015 4:50 pm

So is this game like loosely based on Under The Hood or something?
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Batman: Arkham Knight Spoiler Discussion Thread TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Spoiler Discussion Thread   Batman: Arkham Knight Spoiler Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2015 4:53 pm

Great, another Batman VS Joker game, it's not like he has other villains. The main story and plot is very disappointing, but the gameplay still feels fine as ever and I fucking love the side missions, especially the Professor Pyg stage.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Spoiler Discussion Thread   Batman: Arkham Knight Spoiler Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2015 5:04 pm

It's true that The Joker is kinda of an overused villain. But at the same time, no other Batman villain is as evil as The Joker. In the Batman movies, they always try to make the other villains more evil after using The Joker. Even though in the comics, those other Batman villains have some good in them. The Joker is just 100% pure evil.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Spoiler Discussion Thread   Batman: Arkham Knight Spoiler Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2015 5:49 pm

Mecha wrote:
It's true that The Joker is kinda of an overused villain. But at the same time, no other Batman villain is as evil as The Joker. In the Batman movies, they always try to make the other villains more evil after using The Joker. Even though in the comics, those other Batman villains have some good in them. The Joker is just 100% pure evil.
I'm not surprised at how wrong you are considering you read less comics than people who've never read a comic in their life before.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Spoiler Discussion Thread   Batman: Arkham Knight Spoiler Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2015 9:15 pm

@Orion They managed to put the Joker in the game in a very clever way. He's one of my favorite characters in Batman's mythos and in this game he's even better than the last 3. The side missions are fantastic. Azrael was my favorite. I hate how easily defeated Deathstroke is. The Deathstroke vs Batman in Origins was way better.

@Mecha Ehhh not really. It gives its own spin to the whole Jason Todd story.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Spoiler Discussion Thread   Batman: Arkham Knight Spoiler Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2015 9:34 pm

The tank fight was dumb, it was stupid how they copied and pasted it for knight fight. I thought the story was just bad due to Jason and Joker, seems some reviewers seem to share my sentiment. I'll be honest, I think Asylum and City are better. I'd say they are all very close together in terms of quality but I felt the main plot was really lacking and some other little tidbits (some batmobile shit).

If I'd had to rank it Arkham City>Arkham Asylum>Arkham Knight although all very close and I'll probably change my mind between Asylum and City depending on the day. They were done with the Joker, and instead made him the main character again in a completely shit way and it was just JOKER JOKER JOKER JOKER JOKER. Enough of the same bullshit all over again and again. Actually I wouldn't put Knight on the same level as Asylum or City, still a great game, but not on par with them.

Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Spoiler Discussion Thread   Batman: Arkham Knight Spoiler Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2015 9:13 pm

The intro for the game is different in new game plus. Scared the shit out of me.

@Orion What's worse is how easily Deathstroke gets taken down once he jumps out of the tank. It's disrespectful to a character that is suppose to match and exceed Batman's abilities. Expected an awesome boss fight.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Spoiler Discussion Thread   Batman: Arkham Knight Spoiler Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2015 5:37 pm

I have to say that I'm kinda disappointed with Arkham Knight.

The lack of true boss fights (tank fights don't count, I want to fight as freaking Batman, not as Mario Kart). The main missions felt kind of uninspired and the story was lackluster. I liked how in City  all the villians played a part in the main plot line while in Arkham Knight, it's just mainly Scarecrow and Arkham Knight. The rest of the villians are shoved into rather plain side missions and have little impact in the main story line missions.

I feel like Arkham Knight's forgiveness of Batman wasn't as fully fleshed out as it should have been. I also disliked how it isn't clear what really happened in the end.

I did enjoy the game (the Joker thing was clever), but it just didn't live up to what I imagined it to be. I haven't played the DLC's yet and I will update when I have.

yonny616 wrote:
The intro for the game is different in new game plus. Scared the shit out of me.

@Orion What's worse is how easily Deathstroke gets taken down once he jumps out of the tank. It's disrespectful to a character that is suppose to match and exceed Batman's abilities. Expected an awesome boss fight.

Agreed. When Batman knocked him down right away, I was extremely disappointed. I wanted another fight like the one in Origins. Instead, it was basically a rehash of the fight with Arkham Knight.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Spoiler Discussion Thread   Batman: Arkham Knight Spoiler Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2015 7:21 pm

Oh yeah I expected to fight Deathstroke after that tank minigame, that was bullshit. What was it like in Origins?

The Arkham Knight fight was bullshit as well, HURR DURR SNIPER ON THE PERCH

Fuck that shit
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Spoiler Discussion Thread   Batman: Arkham Knight Spoiler Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2015 10:06 pm

So the best Deathstroke boss fight is in Teen Titans?

Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Spoiler Discussion Thread   Batman: Arkham Knight Spoiler Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2015 4:20 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Spoiler Discussion Thread   Batman: Arkham Knight Spoiler Discussion Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Batman: Arkham Knight Spoiler Discussion Thread
Page 1 of 1