Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Steam Workshop Paid Mods Discussion

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Steam Workshop Paid Mods Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Steam Workshop Paid Mods Discussion   Steam Workshop Paid Mods Discussion I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2015 6:25 am

Steam Workshop Paid Mods Discussion Gabe_n10

As you all may know by now steam implemented this new policy where people could be charged for mods on steam workshop with Skyrim as it's test subject, meaning that mods essentially becomes DLC and Valve would get 75% of the revenue while the mod creators get only 25%

More info: http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2015/04/23/valve-and-bethesdas-monetized-skyrim-mods-give-content-creators-a-raw-deal/

This thread is to talk keep updated on this discussion.

Modders protesting: http://www.pcgamer.com/fake-protest-mods-hit-the-steam-workshop/

Petition to remove the policy: https://www.change.org/p/valve-remove-the-paid-content-of-the-steam-workshop

First paid mod removed: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/skyrim-paid-mod-removed-amid-controversy/1100-6426858/
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Steam Workshop Paid Mods Discussion R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Steam Workshop Paid Mods Discussion   Steam Workshop Paid Mods Discussion I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2015 9:39 am

So much for Master Race. Steam Workshop Paid Mods Discussion 1105191143
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Steam Workshop Paid Mods Discussion ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: Steam Workshop Paid Mods Discussion   Steam Workshop Paid Mods Discussion I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2015 5:05 pm

Gaben is playing with policies he doesn't understand. Steam isn't a country, if he keeps this up it'll end badly.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Steam Workshop Paid Mods Discussion   Steam Workshop Paid Mods Discussion I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2015 5:15 pm

Steam Workshop Paid Mods Discussion VdHg4dG
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Steam Workshop Paid Mods Discussion   Steam Workshop Paid Mods Discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2015 11:49 am

Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Steam Workshop Paid Mods Discussion StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Steam Workshop Paid Mods Discussion   Steam Workshop Paid Mods Discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2015 8:47 pm

I don't fucking get with PC users ones. They call Gabe out on paid mods then Gabe further puts himself in shit on reddit saying that the modding community will get better once money is involved. Now he is the Lord Savior again for back flipping.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Steam Workshop Paid Mods Discussion   Steam Workshop Paid Mods Discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 8:42 am

At least they realized their stupid policies before they even dug themselves further.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/valve-ends-paid-skyrim-mods-2015-4?r=US
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Steam Workshop Paid Mods Discussion   Steam Workshop Paid Mods Discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 9:04 am

The gaming industry is almost becoming worse than Hollywood. They are trying to charge us for literally EVERYTHING now. It's at a point where "full games" have basically become betas now.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Steam Workshop Paid Mods Discussion PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Steam Workshop Paid Mods Discussion   Steam Workshop Paid Mods Discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 11:54 am

https://i.imgur.com/fHuJkHH.webm

Steam Workshop Paid Mods Discussion 725796345

P.S. How the hell do you post a webm here?
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Steam Workshop Paid Mods Discussion Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Steam Workshop Paid Mods Discussion   Steam Workshop Paid Mods Discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 12:14 pm

Mecha wrote:
The gaming industry is almost becoming worse than Hollywood. They are trying to charge us for literally EVERYTHING now. It's at a point where "full games" have basically become betas now.

At least Hollywood is starting to change by being less corporate. Gaming, on the other hand, seems to get more corporate by the years going by.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Steam Workshop Paid Mods Discussion   Steam Workshop Paid Mods Discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 9:17 pm

yonny616 wrote:
https://i.imgur.com/fHuJkHH.webm

Steam Workshop Paid Mods Discussion 725796345

P.S. How the hell do you post a webm here?

Post it as a gif.

Steam Workshop Paid Mods Discussion FHuJkHH
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Steam Workshop Paid Mods Discussion   Steam Workshop Paid Mods Discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 9:52 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

At least Hollywood is starting to change by being less corporate. Gaming, on the other hand, seems to get more corporate by the years going by.

That's what I'm saying.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steam Workshop Paid Mods Discussion   Steam Workshop Paid Mods Discussion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Steam Workshop Paid Mods Discussion
Page 1 of 1