Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Canadian new game prices jump to $75

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Canadian new game prices jump to $75 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Canadian new game prices jump to $75 Empty
PostSubject: Canadian new game prices jump to $75   Canadian new game prices jump to $75 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 9:25 am

Canadian new game prices jump to $75 WCyZ6xP

Quote :
Canadian gamers are in for an unpleasant price hike.

As spotted by HardcoreGamer, the local Canadian branches of Amazon and EB Games have raised the prices of upcoming games to CAD$75.
The CAD$5 increasing comes within a year of prices hitting the CAD$70 point.
CAD$75 (£38/€53) currently exchanges for $60, the standard US pricing. The change is likely due to to fluctuation in currency value, but since that doesn’t mean local wages go up, from a consumer perspective it’s just less cash in their pockets.
Standard new release console game RRPs are also pretty expensive in the UK at £50 ($77/€70), Europe at €70 ($78/£50), and Australia at AUD$110 ($85/£55/€75).
Oh, hell – they’re expensive everywhere and none of us are getting paid enough.

Source: VG247
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canadian new game prices jump to $75 ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: Canadian new game prices jump to $75   Canadian new game prices jump to $75 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 9:31 am

Guess Play-Asia is getting tht much more of my business.

It's honestly ridiculous. Just price the games at their base currency, and convert on purchase.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Canadian new game prices jump to $75   Canadian new game prices jump to $75 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 12:49 pm

Online ordering is going to completely boost.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Canadian new game prices jump to $75   Canadian new game prices jump to $75 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 7:05 pm

DaTeckno wrote:
Online ordering is going to completely boost.

Only from the publisher. Paying NISA or Iffy's $10 shipping is better than paying extra over bullshit. Watch them keep the prices at that level even if the Cad$ increases.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Canadian new game prices jump to $75 StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Canadian new game prices jump to $75   Canadian new game prices jump to $75 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 8:45 pm

The RRP of new games in Australia is still $119 but most retailers will sell new releases $90 tops for standard copies.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Canadian new game prices jump to $75   Canadian new game prices jump to $75 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 8:50 pm

Man that sucks. I fear that a standard price rise might occur here as well, just not as dramatically. I'm expecting it go from $60 to $65.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

PostSubject: Re: Canadian new game prices jump to $75   Canadian new game prices jump to $75 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 7:53 am

It really depends on the average consumer. People might say "it's only $5" and couple years later they will be saying the same thing.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Canadian new game prices jump to $75   Canadian new game prices jump to $75 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 6:14 pm

I'm not paying $75 for a game unless it at least comes with a wallscroll and an art book.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

PostSubject: Re: Canadian new game prices jump to $75   Canadian new game prices jump to $75 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 6:34 pm

Angelus wrote:
I'm not paying $75 for a game unless it at least comes with a wallscroll and an art book.

Shipping cost to Australia is way to high ; ;
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Canadian new game prices jump to $75 Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Canadian new game prices jump to $75   Canadian new game prices jump to $75 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2015 11:43 am

2Sugoi2Die wrote:
Angelus wrote:

Shipping cost to Australia is way to high ; ;

Ship your games to me and then I'll ship them back for free to you. Canadian new game prices jump to $75 2505020059
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Canadian new game prices jump to $75   Canadian new game prices jump to $75 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Canadian new game prices jump to $75
Page 1 of 1