Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

The Order vs Ryse

Go down 
+5
RamboOnRedBull
Orion
2Sugoi2Die
Mecha
Orc
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

The Order vs Ryse - Page 2 ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Ys: Celceta
Watching : Darksydephil

The Order vs Ryse - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Order vs Ryse   The Order vs Ryse - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 7:28 pm

Walking Dead isn't nearly on the level of a VN. The art is underwhelming, the characters are like wooden mannequins, there's only one ending, and the story isn't that deep. If anything, it's an interactive puppet-show.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: The Order vs Ryse   The Order vs Ryse - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 8:17 pm

Nope.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: The Order vs Ryse   The Order vs Ryse - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 10:16 pm

Both The Order: 1886 and Ryse: Son of Rome are really shitty games, and a huge disappointment for their respective consoles' libraries. PS4 and Xbox One don't exactly have many exclusive killer apps in their gaming libraries, right now. Most of the best games for the consoles are cross-platform games. (Hell, PS4's indie titles vastly outnumber its bigger-budget titles in quantity and quality.) Only Sunset Overdrive and InFAMOUS: Second Son are exclusive games that really made any noise for their consoles', and even then some people still looked down upon those games, saying that they were "disappointing". Pretty disappointing gaming generation for both "next-gen" consoles, IMO. The Wii U has been the one console with the best exclusive titles so far. I know that PS4 and Xbone have Halo 5 and Uncharted 4 coming later this year, but I don't know how those games will do personally. Naughty Dog has had a lot of staff employee changes since The Last of Us came out, and people weren't impressed with the latest UC4 gameplay demo. Meanwhile, many people seem to just be tired of Halo in general, and just wish it would end already. I'm sure both of those games will sell well, though. I hope to GOD that Bloodborne doesn't flop. Otherwise, PS4 will look like a laughing stock in terms of quality for exclusive games.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: The Order vs Ryse   The Order vs Ryse - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 8:18 am

For me the best game this generation so far is Forza Horizon 2 followed by Sunset Overdrive and Shadow of Mordor and Ryse. But the latter three were far from perfect, in spite of being really enjoyable.
I honestly think Ryse was underrated as fuck. It's heavily flawed, but so is everything this gen.
Dragon Age was below average. AC Unity was just boring, more of the same. COD AW did change things up but still felt somewhat stale. Titanfall was ambitious and awesome but ended up too short with not enough content. Dead Rising 3 was a bit lazy and could have been so much better if the devs didn't ejaculate over the thought of cramming thousands of zombies in one area. And so on.

At least with Ryse I got what I wanted; a brutal and beautiful non-stop action game with an enjoyable story that showed off the hardware. The Order I'm sure is probably somewhat enjoyable and beautiful too but thing is everyone makes shooters these days, whereas hack n' slash is a bit less common so I feel Ryse has more going for it personally.

Shadow of Mordor was epic for a while until the end where I felt a LITTLE Bit underwhelmed. Same with Sunset Overdrive which I had a blast with from start to finish but had no reason to go back to.

Forza Horizon 2 was just fucking brilliant, and will still have me coming back to it. I've got about 35 hours clocked in so far and am sure I'll see that figure triple.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

The Order vs Ryse - Page 2 ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Ys: Celceta
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: The Order vs Ryse   The Order vs Ryse - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 8:25 am

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
Shadow of Mordor was epic for a while until the end where I felt a LITTLE Bit underwhelmed. Same with Sunset Overdrive which I had a blast with from start to finish but had no reason to go back to.

You were only a little underwhelmed?

So far most of this gen is garbage. Neptune and Omega Quintet will serve as a good remedy.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

The Order vs Ryse - Page 2 TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: The Order vs Ryse   The Order vs Ryse - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 11:41 am

Angelus wrote:
Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:

So far most of this gen is garbage.  Neptune and Omega Quintet will serve as a good remedy.
What you smoking lad? This gen has been great, Smash, Mario Kart 8, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, 3D World, Bayonetta 2 and Pikmin 3. Nonstop awesome games releasing you clueless baby.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

The Order vs Ryse - Page 2 StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: The Order vs Ryse   The Order vs Ryse - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 6:53 pm

Orion wrote:
Angelus wrote:
Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:

So far most of this gen is garbage.  Neptune and Omega Quintet will serve as a good remedy.
What you smoking lad? This gen has been great, Smash, Mario Kart 8, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, 3D World, Bayonetta 2 and Pikmin 3. Nonstop awesome games releasing you clueless baby.

Aren't those games on a kids toy system?
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

The Order vs Ryse - Page 2 Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: The Order vs Ryse   The Order vs Ryse - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 7:09 pm

2Sugoi2Die wrote:
Orion wrote:
Angelus wrote:
Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:

It's a shame that a kids toy system has better games than HURDCOOR GAYMING KONZOLES.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

The Order vs Ryse - Page 2 TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: The Order vs Ryse   The Order vs Ryse - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 10:36 am

Thanks Rambo, you've always been there for me.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

The Order vs Ryse - Page 2 Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: The Order vs Ryse   The Order vs Ryse - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 11:35 am

Orion wrote:
Thanks Rambo, you've always been there for me.

The Order vs Ryse - Page 2 B2b8f8441aa4811dcac169a9a5daba7e618b089a3271e525711cc4bcf95d891e
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: The Order vs Ryse   The Order vs Ryse - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 7:42 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
2Sugoi2Die wrote:
Orion wrote:
Angelus wrote:
Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:

It's a shame that a kids toy system has better games than HURDCOOR GAYMING KONZOLES.

Well, the kids toy system has appropriately kiddy games.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: The Order vs Ryse   The Order vs Ryse - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 11:05 pm

I'd much rather play Bayonetta 2 than Ryse or The Order.

And I don't even like Nintendo.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

The Order vs Ryse - Page 2 PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: The Order vs Ryse   The Order vs Ryse - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2015 11:06 pm

I played Ryse. It was fucking repetitive. I'm currently playing Order 1886 and it's also repetitive, but not as much as Ryse. Though it's just as annoying. Order is the better game graphically though.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

The Order vs Ryse - Page 2 StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: The Order vs Ryse   The Order vs Ryse - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2015 3:15 am

Mechas comic book collection is more impressive than the Order and Ryse combined.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Order vs Ryse   The Order vs Ryse - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Order vs Ryse
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2