Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

sony sales S.O.E

Go down 
+5
Orion
Angelus
Bluenose
Mecha
Mr Canai Spy
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr Canai Spy
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Mr Canai Spy

Stature : 47
Weymouth
Playing : halo 5, rise of the tomb raider

sony sales S.O.E Empty
PostSubject: sony sales S.O.E   sony sales S.O.E I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 3:29 pm

http://www.shacknews.com/article/87927/sony-online-entertainment-sold-becomes-daybreak-game-company
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

sony sales S.O.E R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

sony sales S.O.E Empty
PostSubject: Re: sony sales S.O.E   sony sales S.O.E I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 3:35 pm

Wait, WHAT!?
Back to top Go down
Mr Canai Spy
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Mr Canai Spy

Stature : 47
Weymouth
Playing : halo 5, rise of the tomb raider

sony sales S.O.E Empty
PostSubject: Re: sony sales S.O.E   sony sales S.O.E I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 3:42 pm

sony sales S.O.E C_data10
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

sony sales S.O.E R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

sony sales S.O.E Empty
PostSubject: Re: sony sales S.O.E   sony sales S.O.E I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 3:45 pm

Fuck you, John!
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

sony sales S.O.E Empty
Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

sony sales S.O.E Empty
PostSubject: Re: sony sales S.O.E   sony sales S.O.E I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 5:04 pm

Is April Fools early this year? :O
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

sony sales S.O.E ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

sony sales S.O.E Empty
PostSubject: Re: sony sales S.O.E   sony sales S.O.E I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 7:04 pm

Everquest coming to Xbox One.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

sony sales S.O.E TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

sony sales S.O.E Empty
PostSubject: Re: sony sales S.O.E   sony sales S.O.E I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 7:04 pm

Woah, huge loss for Sony.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

sony sales S.O.E StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

sony sales S.O.E Empty
PostSubject: Re: sony sales S.O.E   sony sales S.O.E I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 8:03 pm

So no word about what's happening with planetside 2 and Everquest? It's not like SoE being sold off really effects Their computer entertainment department. SoE hasn't really put out anything good in a long time.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

sony sales S.O.E Empty
PostSubject: Re: sony sales S.O.E   sony sales S.O.E I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 8:14 pm

They're definitely coming to Xbox One. But Everquest, DC Universe Online, H1Z1 and PlanetSide 2 are all kinda meh.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

sony sales S.O.E Empty
PostSubject: Re: sony sales S.O.E   sony sales S.O.E I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 8:15 pm

Mecha wrote:
Fuck you, John!

DSP2 Why be angry at John? It's not like you're gonna lose the ability to play the PS4 versions.... and it's not as if they were 100% exclusive to PS4 either. sony sales S.O.E 725796345
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

sony sales S.O.E StDQek0

sony sales S.O.E Empty
PostSubject: Re: sony sales S.O.E   sony sales S.O.E I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 11:10 pm

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
They're definitely coming to Xbox One. But Everquest, DC Universe Online, H1Z1 and PlanetSide 2 are all kinda meh.

Is there confirmation on that? Haven't really looked into it myself. Last time I check that these games are still owned by Sony. Just because they sold off one department doesn't mean everything goes with it. Remember that time when an Microsoft employee (forgot the name) thought they now own Donkey Kong just because they bought Rare?
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

sony sales S.O.E Empty
PostSubject: Re: sony sales S.O.E   sony sales S.O.E I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 1:35 am

2Sugoi2Die wrote:
Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:

Is there confirmation on that? Haven't really looked into it myself. Last time I check that these games are still owned by Sony. Just because they sold off one department doesn't mean everything goes with it. Remember that time when an Microsoft employee (forgot the name) thought they now own Donkey Kong just because they bought Rare?

John Smedley said they wanted to bring their games to Xbox One too.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

sony sales S.O.E Empty
PostSubject: Re: sony sales S.O.E   sony sales S.O.E I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 5:05 pm

Stigma wrote:
2Sugoi2Die wrote:
Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:

John Smedley said they wanted to bring their games to Xbox One too.

This is hardly confirmation lol. I'm sure he wants their games to reach as big an audience as possible, but that doesn't mean it can. Pretty sure those are all Sony properties.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

sony sales S.O.E Empty
PostSubject: Re: sony sales S.O.E   sony sales S.O.E I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2015 2:32 am

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/sony-online-entertainment-becomes-daybreak-game-company.213868/
Quote :

So what exactly does this mean for you? It will be business as usual and all SOE games will continue on their current path of development and operation. In fact, we expect to have even more resources available to us as a result of this acquisition. It also means new exciting developments for our existing IP and games as we can now fully embrace the multi-platform world we are living in.

What kind of investment firm would buy a company that makes MMO's but not buy the rights to the IP's?
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

sony sales S.O.E StDQek0

sony sales S.O.E Empty
PostSubject: Re: sony sales S.O.E   sony sales S.O.E I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2015 7:07 pm

Stigma wrote:
https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/sony-online-entertainment-becomes-daybreak-game-company.213868/
Quote :

So what exactly does this mean for you? It will be business as usual and all SOE games will continue on their current path of development and operation. In fact, we expect to have even more resources available to us as a result of this acquisition. It also means new exciting developments for our existing IP and games as we can now fully embrace the multi-platform world we are living in.

What kind of investment firm would buy a company that makes MMO's but not buy the rights to the IP's?

At least we know now.

For now, we can't say this is good or bad as of yet. It depends on how their new investor handle this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

sony sales S.O.E Empty
PostSubject: Re: sony sales S.O.E   sony sales S.O.E I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

sony sales S.O.E
Page 1 of 1