Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jimmy Olsen Cast For SUPERGIRL Series

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Jimmy Olsen Cast For SUPERGIRL Series PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

Jimmy Olsen Cast For SUPERGIRL Series Empty
PostSubject: Jimmy Olsen Cast For SUPERGIRL Series   Jimmy Olsen Cast For SUPERGIRL Series I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 10:14 pm

Jimmy Olsen Cast For SUPERGIRL Series R26Xirq
Quote :
Following the news that Whiplash actress Melissa Benoist will play Supergirl in the CBS series of the same name, the next major casting addition has been made in the form of Mehcad Brooks. He's not a huge star, but is best known for starring in Desperate Housewives and True Blood.

In the comic books, Jimmy has obviously always been portrayed as being Caucasian. The casting of Brooks will undoubtedly ruffle the feathers of the same comic book fans who objected to a similar race change for Iris West in The Flash and Perry White in Man of Steel. However, it's the official description of the character which should be more worrying as it doesn't sound all that much like Jimmy regardless of his race! You see, Supergirl's version of Jimmy is described as a "smart, worldly photographer for CatCo, the media company where Kara works. He has recently been living and working in National City, though the reason is still a secret, and his salt-of-the-earth nature quickly piques Kara’s interest." That's better than the original description at least. In that, he was pegged as an "alpha male". What do you guys think of the casting? Share your thoughts below.
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=114493

Cool! Hope he's good in the role.

Last edited by yonny616 on Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Jimmy Olsen Cast For SUPERGIRL Series R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Olsen Cast For SUPERGIRL Series   Jimmy Olsen Cast For SUPERGIRL Series I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 10:34 pm

I'd be a hypocrite if I was against the race change. Considering Hannibal is filled with race and sex changes to the characters as if Jack was in charge of the show. But yeah, even though I don't see him as Jimmy, I hope it does good in the role. It has nothing to do with race by the way.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Jimmy Olsen Cast For SUPERGIRL Series Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Olsen Cast For SUPERGIRL Series   Jimmy Olsen Cast For SUPERGIRL Series I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2015 8:01 am

I find it pathetic when people complain about the race in movies. Do you guys remember the Star Wars trailer? It got so much hate for having a black Stormtrooper - which is ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Jimmy Olsen Cast For SUPERGIRL Series R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Olsen Cast For SUPERGIRL Series   Jimmy Olsen Cast For SUPERGIRL Series I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2015 10:10 am

That's stupid. We been having black Stormtroopers since the original.

Jimmy Olsen Cast For SUPERGIRL Series Tiepil10
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Jimmy Olsen Cast For SUPERGIRL Series PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Olsen Cast For SUPERGIRL Series   Jimmy Olsen Cast For SUPERGIRL Series I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2015 4:01 pm

The worst is Black Human Torch. People have said that the audience will be confused. Like What? It's easily explainable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Olsen Cast For SUPERGIRL Series   Jimmy Olsen Cast For SUPERGIRL Series I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jimmy Olsen Cast For SUPERGIRL Series
Page 1 of 1