Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sony Computer Entertainment announces full restoration of Playstation Network services this week.

Go down 
+7
Jack the Spectre
Mecha
ghost23
ADV3N7URER!!!!!
TheJubJub5721
Bluenose
The Enkindler
11 posters
AuthorMessage
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

Sony Computer Entertainment announces full restoration of Playstation Network services this week. Empty
PostSubject: Sony Computer Entertainment announces full restoration of Playstation Network services this week.   Sony Computer Entertainment announces full restoration of Playstation Network services this week. I_icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 1:58 pm

Quote :
Sony Corporation and Sony Computer Entertainment (SCE) announced today that Sony Network Entertainment International (SNEI, the company) will fully restore all PlayStation®Network services in the Americas, Europe/PAL territories and Asia, excluding Japan, Hong Kong, and South Korea by the end of this week. The company will also resume Music Unlimited powered by Qriocity™ for PlayStation®3 (PS3®), PSP® (PlayStation®Portable), VAIO and other PCs. Details for Japan, Hong Kong, and South Korea as well as the remaining services on Qriocity will be announced as they become available.
The company implemented considerable security enhancements to the network infrastructure, as well as conducted testing of the payment process and commerce functions. The first phase of PlayStation Network and Qriocity restoration began on May 15 in the Americas and Europe/PAL territories, followed by Japan and Asian countries and regions on May 28, when the company brought partial services back online. With this partial restoration users were able to access to some of the services such as online game play, account management, friend lists and chat functionality were restored. The full restoration of PlayStation Network as well as part of services to become available on Qriocity will include:
• Full functionality on PlayStation®Store
• In-game commerce
• Ability to redeem vouchers and codes
• Full functionality on Music Unlimited powered by Qriocity for PS3, PSP, VAIO and
other PCs
• Full functionality on Media Go
Customers will be able to purchase and download games and video content from the PlayStation®Store on PS3 or PSP. In addition, consumers will have full access to Music Unlimited powered by Qriocity through PS3, PSP, VAIO and other PC’s. Service restoration of Video on Demand powered by Qriocity™ and Music Unlimited powered by Qriocity for a variety of network-enabled Sony devices will be announced later.
“We have been conducting additional testing and further security verification of our commerce functions in order to bring the PlayStation Network completely back online so that our fans can again enjoy the first class entertainment experience they have come to love,” said Kazuo Hirai, Executive Deputy President, Sony Corporation. “We appreciate the patience and support shown during this time.”
The company will be offering customers a “Welcome Back” package of services and premium content to all registered PlayStation Network* and Qriocity account services. The details of this program will continue to be detailed regionally.
* Only available for those countries with access to PlayStation®Store.

Source: Playstation Blog
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Sony Computer Entertainment announces full restoration of Playstation Network services this week. Empty
Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Sony Computer Entertainment announces full restoration of Playstation Network services this week.   Sony Computer Entertainment announces full restoration of Playstation Network services this week. I_icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 2:19 pm

Was hoping they'd open PlayStation Store and give us our welcome back package during the memorial day weekend.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: Sony Computer Entertainment announces full restoration of Playstation Network services this week.   Sony Computer Entertainment announces full restoration of Playstation Network services this week. I_icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 2:46 pm

About damn time.
Back to top Go down
ADV3N7URER!!!!!
Generic Grunt
Generic Grunt
ADV3N7URER!!!!!

Stature : 2
in my imagination

PostSubject: Re: Sony Computer Entertainment announces full restoration of Playstation Network services this week.   Sony Computer Entertainment announces full restoration of Playstation Network services this week. I_icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 6:40 pm

isnt the UC3 beta july 4th???? Sony Computer Entertainment announces full restoration of Playstation Network services this week. 2505020059 Sony Computer Entertainment announces full restoration of Playstation Network services this week. 2505020059 cannot wait
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: Sony Computer Entertainment announces full restoration of Playstation Network services this week.   Sony Computer Entertainment announces full restoration of Playstation Network services this week. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 2:31 am

Finally now I can get my Welcome Back content and the LA Noire DLC.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Sony Computer Entertainment announces full restoration of Playstation Network services this week. R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Sony Computer Entertainment announces full restoration of Playstation Network services this week.   Sony Computer Entertainment announces full restoration of Playstation Network services this week. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 3:23 am

PlayStation Store is back!!!!
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Sony Computer Entertainment announces full restoration of Playstation Network services this week. XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Sony Computer Entertainment announces full restoration of Playstation Network services this week.   Sony Computer Entertainment announces full restoration of Playstation Network services this week. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 8:29 am

"PlayStation Store is back!!!!" my ass.

I can navigate the Store, but I can't fucking download anything. I can't download the iF2 demo, nor can I redeem my codes for L.A. Noire.

If fucking Sony wants to fucking restore their fucking services, they should make sure they're fucking restored.

I've lost a ton of faith in Sony. I won't say I'm anti-Sony, but I definitely don't see them in the way I have in the past. They've been INCREDIBLY irresponsible and incompetent during this entire thing.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Sony Computer Entertainment announces full restoration of Playstation Network services this week.   Sony Computer Entertainment announces full restoration of Playstation Network services this week. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 8:34 am

TRF wrote:
"PlayStation Store is back!!!!" my ass.

I can navigate the Store, but I can't fucking download anything. I can't download the iF2 demo, nor can I redeem my codes for L.A. Noire.

If fucking Sony wants to fucking restore their fucking services, they should make sure they're fucking restored.

I've lost a ton of faith in Sony. I won't say I'm anti-Sony, but I definitely don't see them in the way I have in the past. They've been INCREDIBLY irresponsible and incompetent during this entire thing.

I'm looking to download the Rockstar Pass for L.A Noire, the deal runs out on the 14th of June, it better be back to normal by then.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Sony Computer Entertainment announces full restoration of Playstation Network services this week. XidKdMN
New York

PostSubject: Re: Sony Computer Entertainment announces full restoration of Playstation Network services this week.   Sony Computer Entertainment announces full restoration of Playstation Network services this week. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 9:08 am

As of now I've been able to download the iF2 demo and one of the DLC codes for L.A. Noire, but the process has been incredibly slow.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Sony Computer Entertainment announces full restoration of Playstation Network services this week. R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Sony Computer Entertainment announces full restoration of Playstation Network services this week.   Sony Computer Entertainment announces full restoration of Playstation Network services this week. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 9:26 am

TRF wrote:
As of now I've been able to download the iF2 demo and one of the DLC codes for L.A. Noire, but the process has been incredibly slow.

Everything worked fine for me. In fact, everything downloads faster than ever before for me.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Sony Computer Entertainment announces full restoration of Playstation Network services this week.   Sony Computer Entertainment announces full restoration of Playstation Network services this week. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 3:49 pm

The inFAMOUS beta is taking so fucking long!
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Sony Computer Entertainment announces full restoration of Playstation Network services this week.   Sony Computer Entertainment announces full restoration of Playstation Network services this week. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 11:02 pm

I want to play to InFamous for free so fucking badly. COME ON SONY!
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Sony Computer Entertainment announces full restoration of Playstation Network services this week.   Sony Computer Entertainment announces full restoration of Playstation Network services this week. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 5:08 pm

The PSN store still isn't working for me.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Sony Computer Entertainment announces full restoration of Playstation Network services this week.   Sony Computer Entertainment announces full restoration of Playstation Network services this week. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 5:31 pm

"Full restoration" my ass. I got fucked out of my two games and the service gives me errors half the time.

Get your shit together, Sony.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sony Computer Entertainment announces full restoration of Playstation Network services this week.   Sony Computer Entertainment announces full restoration of Playstation Network services this week. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 6:00 pm

Those errors are fucking haunting me man. O_o
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Sony Computer Entertainment announces full restoration of Playstation Network services this week.   Sony Computer Entertainment announces full restoration of Playstation Network services this week. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 7:44 pm

Yea I kept getting errors so I backed out of the store. Then when I went back to the store the Welcome back icons weren't there anymore....Man was I frustrated.

After I stopped raging about it I found a way to get my PS+ and free games without having to re-access those icons on the store. If you are in the same situation as me then you have to go to account management and transaction management (?) and go to service list to pull up all the content.

Overall I'm not very pleased with how Sony has been handling this. I mean I bought Bad Company 2 just to play multiplayer and the day after I got it PSN went down. Now they are handing out a half-assed compensation that only a few have been able to access.

Times like these really do justify their competitor's online fees. Next generation Sony has to step up PSN or else I'm sticking with Xbox.
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Sony Computer Entertainment announces full restoration of Playstation Network services this week.   Sony Computer Entertainment announces full restoration of Playstation Network services this week. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 8:34 pm

Alanski wrote:
Yea I kept getting errors so I backed out of the store. Then when I went back to the store the Welcome back icons weren't there anymore....Man was I frustrated.

After I stopped raging about it I found a way to get my PS+ and free games without having to re-access those icons on the store. If you are in the same situation as me then you have to go to account management and transaction management (?) and go to service list to pull up all the content.

Overall I'm not very pleased with how Sony has been handling this. I mean I bought Bad Company 2 just to play multiplayer and the day after I got it PSN went down. Now they are handing out a half-assed compensation that only a few have been able to access.

Times like these really do justify their competitor's online fees. Next generation Sony has to step up PSN or else I'm sticking with Xbox.
I got about 269 error messages(I counted them for real this time) when trying to access the store and another 50 while trying to download the free games.
This is trully outragious.
THEY NEED TO FIX THEIR SHIT!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sony Computer Entertainment announces full restoration of Playstation Network services this week.   Sony Computer Entertainment announces full restoration of Playstation Network services this week. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sony Computer Entertainment announces full restoration of Playstation Network services this week.
Page 1 of 1