Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Real World Equivalent to DC Comic Cities

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Real World Equivalent to DC Comic Cities PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

Real World Equivalent to DC Comic Cities Empty
PostSubject: Real World Equivalent to DC Comic Cities   Real World Equivalent to DC Comic Cities I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 12:39 pm

DC Comics heroes usually protect a lot of fake cities, unlike Marvel where everyone is in New York. Lol Anyway What do you think are the real world counter-parts of certain cities in DC comics. I think it's like this.

Gotham = New York
Metropolis = Chicago
Star City = Seattle
Coast City = San Diego
Central City = St. Louis
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Real World Equivalent to DC Comic Cities R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Real World Equivalent to DC Comic Cities   Real World Equivalent to DC Comic Cities I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 1:06 pm

If anything Metropolis is the equivalent of New York City. Gotham is too much of a hell hole to be a very powerful city like New York. I always thought Gotham was more like Chicago actually.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Real World Equivalent to DC Comic Cities   Real World Equivalent to DC Comic Cities I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 6:50 pm

Considering it was changed from New York to Gotham, Gotham is New York. Metropolis is more likely Chicago.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Real World Equivalent to DC Comic Cities   Real World Equivalent to DC Comic Cities I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 6:59 pm

@yonny616 Dude, that was back in the 1930's. We're living in the year 2015 now. New York City is more like Metropolis now than Gotham. Also how is Metropolis anything like Chicago?
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Real World Equivalent to DC Comic Cities   Real World Equivalent to DC Comic Cities I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 7:09 pm

@Mecha I don't see the point in saying that. Gotham is considered as New York by majority of fans. Metropolis is more chicago. Maybe Toronto mixed with NY.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Real World Equivalent to DC Comic Cities   Real World Equivalent to DC Comic Cities I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 7:40 pm

@yonny616 Yes, but by comparison, Metropolis is more like New York City today than Gotham. Gotham is a crime-ridden shit hole, where as New York City is actually a pretty safe place to be at now. You know... like... METROPOLIS. Also New York City is bigger than Chicago, and I doubt Gotham is bigger to a more wealthy city like Metropolis. So if anything, Gotham is more like Chicago. Hell, Chicago had a real-life killer clown once.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Real World Equivalent to DC Comic Cities   Real World Equivalent to DC Comic Cities I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 8:56 pm

@Mecha I guess you have a point.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Real World Equivalent to DC Comic Cities   Real World Equivalent to DC Comic Cities I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 9:02 pm

@yonny616 I'm glad you agree. Real World Equivalent to DC Comic Cities 2505020059
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Real World Equivalent to DC Comic Cities   Real World Equivalent to DC Comic Cities I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 9:38 pm

I thought Gotham was supposed to be Detroit?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Real World Equivalent to DC Comic Cities   Real World Equivalent to DC Comic Cities I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 9:40 pm

@Based Sonji Might as well be. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Real World Equivalent to DC Comic Cities   Real World Equivalent to DC Comic Cities I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Real World Equivalent to DC Comic Cities
Page 1 of 1