Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

American Directors vs. British Directors

Go down 
3 posters

Which are the best?
 American Directors
 British Directors
View results
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

American Directors vs. British Directors R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

American Directors vs. British Directors Empty
PostSubject: American Directors vs. British Directors   American Directors vs. British Directors I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 1:54 am

American Directors vs. British Directors 143kq3q

American Directors vs. British Directors 5cyp6r
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

American Directors vs. British Directors Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: American Directors vs. British Directors   American Directors vs. British Directors I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 1:50 pm

While British directors have changed the entire landscape of cinema (David Lean, Alfred Hitchcock, Michael Powell, Christopher Nolan, Charlie Chaplin), I'd have to give the edge to Americans, as there's a lot more of them in modern cinema.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: American Directors vs. British Directors   American Directors vs. British Directors I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 2:07 pm

@Rambo Don't forget. We have this guy as well...

Spoiler:

American Directors vs. British Directors 2505020059
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: American Directors vs. British Directors   American Directors vs. British Directors I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 2:09 pm

Mecha wrote:
@Rambo Don't forget. We have this guy as well...

Spoiler:

American Directors vs. British Directors 2505020059

Most of Kubrick's best films were British, tho. Even 2001 was half-British as well. 

I love you
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: American Directors vs. British Directors   American Directors vs. British Directors I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 2:12 pm

@Rambo But he's a Jew from New York City, so yeah... Razz
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: American Directors vs. British Directors   American Directors vs. British Directors I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 2:15 pm

Mecha wrote:
@Rambo But he's a Jew from New York City, so yeah... Razz

Well, the Brits still have this guy:

Spoiler:

Razz
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: American Directors vs. British Directors   American Directors vs. British Directors I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 2:19 pm

@Rambo That's okay. America has Michael Bay. Then again, Michael Bay has made more decent films than Paul W. S. Anderson. But at the same time, he has also made worse films than him as well.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: American Directors vs. British Directors   American Directors vs. British Directors I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 2:26 pm

The Swedes win all because of this guy:

American Directors vs. British Directors Ingmar_bergman_01
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

American Directors vs. British Directors PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: American Directors vs. British Directors   American Directors vs. British Directors I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 3:35 pm

Nolan wins.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: American Directors vs. British Directors   American Directors vs. British Directors I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 3:43 pm

I'm starting to think that the only director Yonny knows about is Nolan.  American Directors vs. British Directors 725796345
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: American Directors vs. British Directors   American Directors vs. British Directors I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 3:56 pm

I don't know if consider Nolan as an America director or British director?
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

American Directors vs. British Directors PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: American Directors vs. British Directors   American Directors vs. British Directors I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 4:26 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
I'm starting to think that the only director Yonny knows about is Nolan.  American Directors vs. British Directors 725796345
And you only know Paul W.S. Anderson. Razz

@Mecha I'd consider him more of a British director.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: American Directors vs. British Directors   American Directors vs. British Directors I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 4:33 pm

I feel like people only consider Nolan more British because of his accent. Even though Nolan sounds more American when he raises his voice. Think about it, would you consider Nolan's brother more American or British?

Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: American Directors vs. British Directors   American Directors vs. British Directors I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 5:16 pm

Mecha wrote:
I feel like people only consider Nolan more British because of his accent. Even though Nolan sounds more American when he raises his voice. Think about it, would you consider Nolan's brother more American or British?

That's fucking stupid, Mecha. Nolan is not only born in Britan, has not only lived most of his life there, has not only made his career's stat there, but he still lives by British culture to this day. 

We may as well say that Hitchcock was American, then.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: American Directors vs. British Directors   American Directors vs. British Directors I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 5:27 pm

@Rambo What are you talking about? Nolan kept moving back and forth between Chicago and London as a child. He never stayed at one place for a long period of time. Hell, he always had an American citizenship. So lol @ comparing Hitchcock to Nolan.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: American Directors vs. British Directors   American Directors vs. British Directors I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 5:37 pm

Mecha wrote:
@Rambo What are you talking about? Nolan kept moving back and forth between Chicago and London as a child. He never stayed at one place for a long period of time. Hell, he always had an American citizenship. So lol @ comparing Hitchcock to Nolan.

Nolan lived most of his life in Britain. He spent more time there than anywhere else. He only moved out of England once he got his career going. You could look it up, but I don't suspect you will do so, anyway.

He was born with a dual-citizenship. He lived in the UK but travelled to the US for film festival submissions for his shorts. 

BTW, you said:

Quote :
I feel like people only consider Nolan more British because of his accent

Most of Nolan's lifestyle and personal life has been British. He even visits Britan on a constant basis for museums and arts on a constant basis. He spent most of his life living there untill he got his career started. How he's "only more British because of his accent" is fucking dumb.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: American Directors vs. British Directors   American Directors vs. British Directors I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 5:56 pm

@Rambo Where are you getting your facts from? Nolan grew up in both Chicago and London. I can't find anything that leaves me to believe that he grew up mostly in London. Yeah, he went to college in England. That doesn't really prove anything though.

Most of Nolan's lifestyle and personal life has been British? Err... He has an American mother, a brother with an American accent, and even admitted that he loves Chicago and he embraces both cultures.

Also the reason why I said people only see him more British because of his accent, is because his brother grew up the same way. Yet, he has an American accent.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: American Directors vs. British Directors   American Directors vs. British Directors I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 6:14 pm

Mecha wrote:
@Rambo Where are you getting your facts from? Nolan grew up in both Chicago and London. I can't find anything that leaves me to believe that he grew up mostly in London. Yeah, he went to college in England. That doesn't really prove anything though.

Most of Nolan's lifestyle and personal life has been British? Err... He has an American mother, a brother with an American accent, and even admitted that he loves Chicago and he embraces both cultures.

Also the reason why I said people only see him more British because of his accent, is because his brother grew up the same way. Yet, he has an American accent.

Nolan was born in London and lived his life in England untill he got started on Memento. I seriously doubt you did any reserach if you can't find it.

He has a British Uncle, British Aunt, his brother is also British, and is still influenced by British art more than American. See? I can be stupid, too. American Directors vs. British Directors 725796345 

HUUR DUUR HOW IS HE LVING BY BRITUSH CULUTRE IF HE LUVES CHIAGO? DUUR HURR.

American Directors vs. British Directors 3202469658

Are you fucking stupid, Mecha? So because Jonathan has an American accent that makes him more American? Jonathan lived in the US before Nolan, graduated from an American college, and has lived in the US for years. Gee, I wonder why his accent is American? American Directors vs. British Directors 1443829230

BTW, Mecha, you do know that Nolan's own film studio (Syncopy) is also based in London, right? And most of Nolan's movies as of lately have been part-British, Even The Dark Knight was done by the British WB and not the American? Just before you try to say something stupid again. American Directors vs. British Directors 3202469658
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: American Directors vs. British Directors   American Directors vs. British Directors I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 6:42 pm

@Rambo Sorry, but there is no evidence that suggest that he lived mostly in London. And yes, I did do my research, and most websites will tell you that he grew up in both Chicago and London.

It's funny, because I'm not even saying Nolan is more American than British at all. Just that he's equally both, yet somehow that bothers you. American Directors vs. British Directors 725796345

Also no. You might want to read carefully before you call someone stupid. What I meant was that, Jonathan grew up the same way as Christoper did. So if Chris grew up mostly British, then how did Jonathan picked up the American accent? Because Jonathan lived in the US before Nolan and went to college there? That makes no sense. I guess if I go to college in England, I'll pick up a British accent then.

Doesn't matter if Nolan's company is British. We're talking about how they grew up, not their adulthood. Even if we were talking about that, Nolan lives in LA. So there goes that logic.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: American Directors vs. British Directors   American Directors vs. British Directors I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 6:56 pm

Mecha wrote:
@Rambo Sorry, but there is no evidence that suggest that he lived mostly in London. And yes, I did do my research, and most websites will tell you that he grew up in both Chicago and London.

It's funny, because I'm not even saying Nolan is more American than British at all. Just that he's equally both, yet somehow that bothers you. American Directors vs. British Directors 725796345

Also no. You might want to read carefully before you call someone stupid. What I meant was that, Jonathan grew up the same way as Christoper did. So if Chris grew up mostly British, then how did Jonathan picked up the American accent? Because Jonathan lived in the US before Nolan and went to college there? That makes no sense. I guess if I go to college in England, I'll pick up a British accent then.

Doesn't matter if Nolan's company is British. We're talking about how they grew up, not their adulthood. Even if we were talking about that, Nolan lives in LA. So there goes that logic.

Stop damage controlling, Mecha. This is what you said:

Quote :

You pretty much said he was more American. And that's not even what I was replying to - what I was replying to was your reasoning: "Because of his accent". American Directors vs. British Directors 3202469658 

I like how you left out part of my quote (As always), but here's the rest:

Quote :
and has lived in the US for years

I do wonder how Jonathan picked up an American accent... eye roll

Jonathan has lived in the US for longer than Nolan, you derp. There's a reason he has that accent. You can even hear Nolan has both American AND British dialects, but if you listen to Nolan's first few interviews, you'll find he had more of a British one than he does now. Gee, I wonder why. American Directors vs. British Directors 725796345 

Yet again, you leave out the entire context. I was replying to your argument. Which one, you ask? This one:

Quote :

You were trying to prove how he doesn't live more by British culture, which is what I replied to. I find it highly doubtful you didn't already know that. Go fetch. American Directors vs. British Directors 3202469658
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: American Directors vs. British Directors   American Directors vs. British Directors I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2015 12:11 am

@Rambo No. You're putting words into my mouth and coming to the conclusion that I consider him more American, just because I'm pointing out certain aspects of Nolan that is American. 

Oh sorry, but you still failed to show any evidence to support that Jonathan grew up in the US longer than Nolan. All I know is, both the Nolan brothers were born in England, and lived between both Chicago and London.

Also nope. Once again, I'm just pointing out certain aspects of Nolan that is American. Which you seem to take it literally out of context.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: American Directors vs. British Directors   American Directors vs. British Directors I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

American Directors vs. British Directors
Page 1 of 1