Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Leaked Windows 10 build reveals new Xbox app and Cortana integration

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Leaked Windows 10 build reveals new Xbox app and Cortana integration ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

Leaked Windows 10 build reveals new Xbox app and Cortana integration Empty
PostSubject: Leaked Windows 10 build reveals new Xbox app and Cortana integration   Leaked Windows 10 build reveals new Xbox app and Cortana integration I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 3:00 pm

Leaked Windows 10 build reveals new Xbox app and Cortana integration EIGrOEq

Quote :
Microsoft is currently readying an updated preview of Windows 10 to focus on the consumer features of the upcoming operating system. While the company plans to detail those improvements at a January press event, a consumer build (9901) has leaked out onto the web today to provide an early look at the various changes Microsoft is making.

The biggest new feature since the recent technical preview is the addition of Cortana. A video demonstration leaked earlier this month, but the build itself shows how Cortana sits at the top of the search interface for Windows 10, responding to text and voice commands. It’s all very similar to the Windows Phone version, as you’d expect, with access to the notebook, reminders, and interests. It's not entirely functional, but it’s a very early look at the digital assistant in Windows 10 so the final version will likely change significantly.

Leaked Windows 10 build reveals new Xbox app and Cortana integration 9HxAVeL

Quote :
Elsewhere there’s also a new Xbox app. It appears to act as a gateway to the entire Xbox ecosystem, including access to achievements, friends lists, activity feeds, and the Store. Microsoft notes that it’s an early preview of the app, so it may well include SmartGlass integration in future.

The Xbox App seems somewhat cool and interesting, but kinda useless. Just having a browser-based app seems more intuitive, this is probably just Micro$oft bloatware to pressure PC owners into buying Xboxes. The current PlayStation phone App is much more convenient, and I just assumed there was one for Xbox as well.

Cortana looks like a Siri clone, with the novelty of being named "Cortana" instead. I guess she could be useful for people without keyboards or amputees, but aside from that I think it's just a stupid Micro$oft gimmick they implemented to help them seem more futuristic, just like the Kinect is...
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Leaked Windows 10 build reveals new Xbox app and Cortana integration   Leaked Windows 10 build reveals new Xbox app and Cortana integration I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 4:02 pm

Too bad Cortana is actually superior to Siri.

I think this is pretty cool. Watch Apple apply Siri to their Mac OS the same way.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Leaked Windows 10 build reveals new Xbox app and Cortana integration   Leaked Windows 10 build reveals new Xbox app and Cortana integration I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 10:05 pm

I'm surprised they haven't yet. Apple pretty bad at that stuff too, they even give their screens a nonsensical name like "Retina Display" just to seem more hip and futuristic.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Leaked Windows 10 build reveals new Xbox app and Cortana integration   Leaked Windows 10 build reveals new Xbox app and Cortana integration I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 10:32 pm

Windows 10 is basically Windows 8.2

Windows 8.1 is awesome but people are too ignorant and stubborn to accept Windows 8.x at this point.

Oh well at least it's a free upgrade for Windows 8 users.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Leaked Windows 10 build reveals new Xbox app and Cortana integration   Leaked Windows 10 build reveals new Xbox app and Cortana integration I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 5:02 pm

The_Biotic_God wrote:

Windows 8.1 is awesome but people are too ignorant and stubborn to accept Windows 8.x at this point.

It's a free upgrade? :O
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Leaked Windows 10 build reveals new Xbox app and Cortana integration   Leaked Windows 10 build reveals new Xbox app and Cortana integration I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 12:43 am

Wait Windows 10? So, why are they skipping Windows 9?
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Leaked Windows 10 build reveals new Xbox app and Cortana integration   Leaked Windows 10 build reveals new Xbox app and Cortana integration I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 1:17 am

DaTeckno wrote:
The_Biotic_God wrote:

For Windows 8 users, yes.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Leaked Windows 10 build reveals new Xbox app and Cortana integration   Leaked Windows 10 build reveals new Xbox app and Cortana integration I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 1:36 am

Archduke wrote:
Wait Windows 10? So, why are they skipping Windows 9?

To get as far away from 8 as possible, basically.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Leaked Windows 10 build reveals new Xbox app and Cortana integration   Leaked Windows 10 build reveals new Xbox app and Cortana integration I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 6:28 am

The_Biotic_God wrote:
DaTeckno wrote:
The_Biotic_God wrote:

Cool beans. Can't wait then.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Leaked Windows 10 build reveals new Xbox app and Cortana integration   Leaked Windows 10 build reveals new Xbox app and Cortana integration I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 2:44 pm

Stigma wrote:
The_Biotic_God wrote:
DaTeckno wrote:
The_Biotic_God wrote:

Cool beans. Can't wait then.

It's because of knowing that Windows 10 will come for free, I might change my mind about getting a Chromebook. Maybe I'll just get a cheap Windows laptop instead.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leaked Windows 10 build reveals new Xbox app and Cortana integration   Leaked Windows 10 build reveals new Xbox app and Cortana integration I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Leaked Windows 10 build reveals new Xbox app and Cortana integration
Page 1 of 1