Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rise of Tomb Raider Exclusivity

Go down 
+4
Based Sonji
Mecha
2Sugoi2Die
Orc
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

Rise of Tomb Raider Exclusivity  Empty
PostSubject: Rise of Tomb Raider Exclusivity    Rise of Tomb Raider Exclusivity  I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 6:50 pm

You know the more I think of it, the more I think Microsoft are wise for sealing this exclusivity. With the annoucement I couldn't give two fucks, and honestly I still don't give two fucks.

But it's pretty smart.

It comes out in 2015, and supposedly so does Uncharted 4, a game of the same kind of style, a worthy competitor. Meaning if they come out in the same period of time, then Xbox One is still in the game and can still reach into that market of gamers looking for cinematic third person action games.

But if, let's say Uncharted is delayed (to 2016), like a bunch of Sony first party titles have been previously, this still works in Microsoft's favour, because if Rise of the Tomb Raider's exclusivity is timed, and so 6 months to a year, I'm sure they'll time it right so that the exclusivity ends shortly before a delayed Uncharted 4 is released, and thus its release on PS4 will divide that Uncharted market in two. Thus undermining and attempting to show up Sony's flagship title. I'm not trying to say Tomb Raider is better, but they're both kings (or Queen, in the case of Lara) in their genre and so they can easily take a bite out of each others sales and the timed exclusivity can be a double edged sword that can work in Microsoft's favour (or Sony's disadvantage) in both cases.

Well that's the way I see it anyway. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Rise of Tomb Raider Exclusivity  StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Tomb Raider Exclusivity    Rise of Tomb Raider Exclusivity  I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 6:55 pm

I can already see it coming DSP2
Xbox One exclusive for a while
PC release announced months later
Rise of Tomb Raider Definitive Edition announced for PS4
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Tomb Raider Exclusivity    Rise of Tomb Raider Exclusivity  I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 6:57 pm

Probably. Same goes.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Rise of Tomb Raider Exclusivity  R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Tomb Raider Exclusivity    Rise of Tomb Raider Exclusivity  I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 7:10 pm

Nope. Uncharted 3 sold way more than all of the versions of the Tomb Raider reboot put together. And Uncharted was only released in ONE console, while Tomb Raider was released like in what, 4 or 5 systems? So yeah, I highly doubt Tomb Raider is going to divide the Uncharted market.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Tomb Raider Exclusivity    Rise of Tomb Raider Exclusivity  I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 8:38 pm

Thinking Tomb Raider can compete with Uncharted is like saying Fast & Furious: The Movie Game can outsell Gran Turismo. Not gonna happen.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Tomb Raider Exclusivity    Rise of Tomb Raider Exclusivity  I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 1:15 pm

Actually now that it is an X1 exclusive it possibly is going to be more competition. Think about it, now they have microsoft at the helm of the projects marketing so-to-speak. You know Microsoft like to market their exclusives well. Look at what they did with Sunset Overdrive, bundling it with a brand new white console.
I'm sure they'll pull something out their sleeve to make Tomb Raider's existence known, better than the team did with the last one. I'm sure of it. But yeah I suppose it's all speculation but the situation's changed.

Either way like I said I don't care, I'd rather play Uncharted 4 personally. Nathan Drake is more fun to play as than Lara Croft, but Lara Croft is easier on the eyes. Also I liked how the last TOmb Raider was kinda open world
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Tomb Raider Exclusivity    Rise of Tomb Raider Exclusivity  I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 1:34 pm

And how many people actually own both a PS4 and Xbox One?

Few. Any market stealing is insignificant. Plus, If they have both consoles, I can bet you they would pick Uncharted over Tomb Raider.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Rise of Tomb Raider Exclusivity  TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Tomb Raider Exclusivity    Rise of Tomb Raider Exclusivity  I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 5:24 pm

DaTeckno wrote:

Few. Any market stealing is insignificant. Plus, If they have both consoles, I can bet you they would pick Uncharted over Tomb Raider.
Yeah if they were gay
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Tomb Raider Exclusivity    Rise of Tomb Raider Exclusivity  I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 6:00 pm

DaTeckno wrote:

Indeed
But how many people own either current gen system? Not that many.
What's gonna sell, a system with Uncharted and little else of value
or the one that may not have Uncharted, but has Tomb Raider and of course all the rest of the exclusives on top of that.

Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Rise of Tomb Raider Exclusivity  Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Tomb Raider Exclusivity    Rise of Tomb Raider Exclusivity  I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 8:33 pm

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
DaTeckno wrote:

Indeed
or the one that may not have Uncharted, but has Tomb Raider and of course all the rest of the exclusives on top of that.

You mean Halo and Halo?
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Rise of Tomb Raider Exclusivity  ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Tomb Raider Exclusivity    Rise of Tomb Raider Exclusivity  I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 8:59 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
DaTeckno wrote:

Indeed

You mean Halo and Halo?

I think he just still thinks Ryse and Sunset Overhype are more worth playing than PS4 exclusives. Rise of Tomb Raider Exclusivity  3202469658
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Tomb Raider Exclusivity    Rise of Tomb Raider Exclusivity  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2014 5:12 pm

I'm talking Quantum Break, Fable Legends, Scalebound, Gears of War, Crackdown 3, the upcoming Rare game, upcoming Black Tusk game and yes Halo 5
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Rise of Tomb Raider Exclusivity  ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Tomb Raider Exclusivity    Rise of Tomb Raider Exclusivity  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2014 6:02 pm

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
I'm talking Quantum Break, Fable Legends, Scalebound, Gears of War, Crackdown 3, the upcoming Rare game, upcoming Black Tusk game and yes Halo 5

Yes.  "Worth playing"
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Tomb Raider Exclusivity    Rise of Tomb Raider Exclusivity  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2014 9:37 pm

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:

Fable sucks, last Crackdown sucks, Rare has been irrelevant, this "new Black Tusk" game is one only you seem to know about.

When we say "worth playing" we're clearly talking about the general public, not what you personally think.

After yesterday, I don't see how anyone can push that the XB1 has more worthwhile exclusives in store. Bloodborne, Uncharted, and God of War are much heavier hitters than anything you listed save for Halo.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Tomb Raider Exclusivity    Rise of Tomb Raider Exclusivity  I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 2:08 pm

Based Sonji wrote:
Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:

Fable sucks, last Crackdown sucks, Rare has been irrelevant, this "new Black Tusk" game is one only you seem to know about.

When we say "worth playing" we're clearly talking about the general public, not what you personally think.

After yesterday, I don't see how anyone can push that the XB1 has more worthwhile exclusives in store. Bloodborne, Uncharted, and God of War are much heavier hitters than anything you listed save for Halo.

Fable 1/Lost Chapters/Anniversary: Great!
Fable 2: Awesome!!!
Fable 3: Not bad, flawed but still fun.

Crackdown 2 did suck (although Crackdown 1 was great fun), hence why Crackdown 3 is a reboot rather than a straight up sequel.

Rare has been irrelevent, hence why their new game is supposedly going back to their roots, no more kinect shit. Spencer knows what he's doing.

Black Tusk are behind Gears of War and they're a supposedly talented studio. And that graphical showcase we saw a while back at E3 was supposedly the actual game they're working on. Some kind of spy game? I dunno. Either way, still worth noting. It's a AAA.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Tomb Raider Exclusivity    Rise of Tomb Raider Exclusivity  I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 2:39 pm

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
Based Sonji wrote:
Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:

Crackdown 2 did suck (although Crackdown 1 was great fun), hence why Crackdown 3 is a reboot rather than a straight up sequel.

Rare has been irrelevent, hence why their new game is supposedly going back to their roots, no more kinect shit. Spencer knows what he's doing.  

Black Tusk are behind Gears of War and they're a supposedly talented studio. And that graphical showcase we saw a while back at E3 was supposedly the actual game they're working on. Some kind of spy game? I dunno. Either way, still worth noting. It's a AAA.

It was just a tech-demo:

Quote :
Regarding the tech demo that was showcased at E3 2013, Spencer said it was a tech demo and the only goal was to announce Black Tusk Studios.

"E3 piece was a specific piece for the show, all in engine, as I said. Goal was to announce BT. There was no game reveal in that."

It's AAA, my ass. 

http://www.gamepur.com/news/13492-spencer-black-tusk-studios-focus-gears-ip-studios-prior-project-not-scrappe.html
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Tomb Raider Exclusivity    Rise of Tomb Raider Exclusivity  I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 3:12 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
Based Sonji wrote:
Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:

It was just a tech-demo:

Quote :
Regarding the tech demo that was showcased at E3 2013, Spencer said it was a tech demo and the only goal was to announce Black Tusk Studios.

"E3 piece was a specific piece for the show, all in engine, as I said. Goal was to announce BT. There was no game reveal in that."

It's AAA, my ass. 

http://www.gamepur.com/news/13492-spencer-black-tusk-studios-focus-gears-ip-studios-prior-project-not-scrappe.html

Oh my bad, I could've sworn I saw info that it was actually a game coming out. Nevermind, they did say it was in-engine though. And of course it'll be AAA. It's the company behind Gears of War, the IP will be owned & published by Microsoft. It's guaranteed to be a AAA title.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Tomb Raider Exclusivity    Rise of Tomb Raider Exclusivity  I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 4:56 pm

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
Based Sonji wrote:
Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:

It was just a tech-demo:

Quote :

It's AAA, my ass. 

Oh my bad, I could've sworn I saw info that it was actually a game coming out. Nevermind, they did say it was in-engine though. And of course it'll be AAA. It's the company behind Gears of War, the IP will be owned & published by Microsoft. It's guaranteed to be a AAA title.

You could say the same about 343i. Built up around some of the best developers in the industry, working alongside some Bungie veterans. IP owned and published by Microsoft. Halo 4 still managed to be AA.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Tomb Raider Exclusivity    Rise of Tomb Raider Exclusivity  I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 5:19 pm

AAA = budget

I wasn't using GeneralMLD's rating system Razz
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Rise of Tomb Raider Exclusivity  R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Tomb Raider Exclusivity    Rise of Tomb Raider Exclusivity  I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 2:38 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Tomb Raider Exclusivity    Rise of Tomb Raider Exclusivity  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rise of Tomb Raider Exclusivity
Page 1 of 1