Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PS4 still uninteresting

Go down 
+9
2Sugoi2Die
Orion
yonny616
RamboOnRedBull
Bluenose
Gutzahn
Angelus
Mecha
Orc
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PS4 still uninteresting Empty
PostSubject: PS4 still uninteresting   PS4 still uninteresting I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 9:16 pm

Here's the deal, I'm making pretty good money from my job. Within this last month I bought an xbox one, over a dozen games for it (including several new games/pre-orders), 2TB external hard-drive, 25 months of xbox live, a new Xperia with 120GB SD card, several new blu rays, several new vita games, etc

I could easily go out and buy a PS4 right now. Money ain't an issue.

The issue is where is the incentive?

* PSN is STILL ridiculously inferior. Hacks & attacks, lag, Drive Club PSN delayed, Evolve alpha delayed, servers down, whole service down for maintenance .... and you PAY FOR THIS SHIT?

* Better resolution in multiplats. Great. But back to the PSN thing, with a multiplayer heavy game I'm going to take online stability and quality over a bunch of pixels ANYDAY.

*NO RELEVANT PS4-ONLY GAMES. You know me, I don't care if a game is on PC or not. It's basically an exclusive if it's not on the main competitor's console. But no matter which way you cut it, PS4 has well... next to nothing.
As indicated in another thread, for nearly every PS4 exclusive, there's a superior equivalent on Xbox One.

Dead Rising 3 itself is practically as good as InFamous. In some ways it's better for replay value because it's got multiplayer and better DLC (lol wtf is that first light shit). But even if it were inferior, then there's Sunset Overdrive which ALSO has multiplayer and tbh is basically superior to InFamous in every single way (maybe InFamous has slightly better graphics...?)

Drive Club FINALLY comes out. And who cares? No one. A guy in GAME store the other day was asking about Forza Horizon 2, whether there's a game similar to that on PS4. The guy behind the counter was like "urrr drive club?". This guy's like "never heard of that, is it open world?". I'm like "lol nope". He's like "fuck that then, I'll wait for The Crew". Sad really. Drive Club couldn't even beat the rushed and content-lacking launch title Forza Motorsport 5, and then Forza Horizon 2 comes out to rub the salt in the wounds even more. Hell FH2 came out beforehand, only to raise the bar and make Drive Club (aka Five Club because you have 5 player clubs or something lol) look bad. Also still waiting for Dynamic Weather? This super delayed game is STILL incomplete.

Killzone Shadowfall is regarded as a mediocre to average shooter. Tbh I think it looks pretty good, just nothing special. Meanwhile there's Titanfall on Xbox One which is a beastly, unique shooter. Sure a lot of people got bored of it. But I'll bet many more got bored of KZ SF much faster lol. Is anyone still playing that?

Final Fantasy XIV? So wait, a system whose servers can't even handle cod....running an MMO? lol

Let's be honest here. In this last quarter of the year, X1 has/will see D4, Project Spark, Forza Horizon 2, Sunset Overdrive, Halo Master Chief Collection, Halo 5 beta, Fable Legends Beta.
PS4 gets Delay Club, which is still incomplete and the PS+ option is still unavailable. Sad...
Oh and Littlebigplanet. Tbh I got bored after the PSP version. I didn't think 3 more were needed.

Literally the only game that the X1 has no equivalent for is The Last Of Us. Oh wait, there's the Halo Master Chief Collection. Okay, there's no comparison, they're different games. And I'm sure TLOU itself is better than any individual Halo game. But then again, MCC is 4 games across 2 generations, rebuilt basically from the ground up for the new console and sold for the price of one game. TLOU is a 1 year late port with basically no graphical upgrade, just an unlocked framerate and native resolution, sold for the full price again.

Seriously, I'm not saying PS4 is shit. I'm not saying PSN is entirely shit. I'm not saying the games library is completely shit. I'm just saying that it is LACKING. Sony NEEDS to sort this shit out.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Uncharted 4 turns out. Who knows, maybe that game will tempt me to getting a PS4. I'm sure I'll need a lot more than just one game though. Bloodborne does not interest me at all. It is basically just another "Souls" game. And I hate the "Souls" games. Maybe if they add an easier difficulty, make the world a bit more fleshed out, expansive and immersive... otherwise I don't care. There's The Witcher 3, Dragon Age The Inquisition, Scalebound and Fable for something like that.

I never liked Ratchet & Clank. Is Shadow of the Beast still coming? As far as I can remember, that's all there is to the PS4's upcoming library...

Meanwhile I'm pumped for Quantum Break, Scalebound, Fable Legends, Gears of War, Black Tusk's other project and even Rise of the Tomb Raider I'm fairly interested in.

Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PS4 still uninteresting R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: PS4 still uninteresting   PS4 still uninteresting I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 9:19 pm

Nigga pls! Wii gotz da $ales!
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

PS4 still uninteresting ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: PS4 still uninteresting   PS4 still uninteresting I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 9:20 pm

There aren't really any noteworthy exclusives for either yet. They're all shovelware, or shitty sequels.
Back to top Go down
Gutzahn
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Gutzahn

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: PS4 still uninteresting   PS4 still uninteresting I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2014 4:19 am

I see the title and I immediatly know who made the thread. Get over it.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: PS4 still uninteresting   PS4 still uninteresting I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2014 10:10 am

I like how you try to pass off PSN as this service that is constantly one thread away from breaking apart on a daily basis. PSN works pretty well most of the time.

And the overpraising of Xbox upcoming exclusives and downplaying of PS4 exclusives is so fucking obviously fanboy koolaid.

Please, most see through this bullshit you're trying to pass off.

Last edited by Teckno on Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PS4 still uninteresting Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: PS4 still uninteresting   PS4 still uninteresting I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2014 10:16 am

*Xbox exclusives are more praised*
>It's BS Hype that most people can see through!

*PS exclusives get more praised*
>LololSonyWonlololXboxAin'tGotNuthinButHalololol
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: PS4 still uninteresting   PS4 still uninteresting I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2014 10:23 am

RamboOnRedBull wrote:

This is also guilty of Xbox fanboys, just switch the words.

You guys act like there is only one set of fanboys in the gaming industry. PS4 still uninteresting 1443829230

I'm just saying how it's Lykos's tendency to always dismiss a Sony exclusive no matter what. Most people on this forum who prefer Playstation don't do that to Xbox exclusives. (except Mecha)
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: PS4 still uninteresting   PS4 still uninteresting I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2014 10:30 am

Teckno wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

You guys act like there is only one set of fanboys in the gaming industry. PS4 still uninteresting 1443829230

I'm just saying how it's Lykos's tendency to always dismiss a Sony exclusive no matter what. Most people on this forum who prefer Playstation don't do that to Xbox exclusives. (except Mecha)

I don't think Lykos is really being serious, though.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

PS4 still uninteresting PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: PS4 still uninteresting   PS4 still uninteresting I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2014 11:27 am

Is Lykos trying to be the new MLD?
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: PS4 still uninteresting   PS4 still uninteresting I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2014 11:59 am

yonny616 wrote:
Is Lykos trying to be the new MLD?

PS4 still uninteresting Hqdefault
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

PS4 still uninteresting TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: PS4 still uninteresting   PS4 still uninteresting I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2014 12:35 pm

Yeah same here, I mean Phantom Pain is coming out on PS3 as well or I could just play it on my husband's PS4

Last edited by Orion on Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: PS4 still uninteresting   PS4 still uninteresting I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2014 1:07 pm

Teckno wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

when do I do that?

Did I not say Heavy Rain is amazing? Did I not say The Last Of Us looks really good? Did I not praise the Grim Fandango remake? Did I not say Uncharted looks more interesting than Halo 5? Did I not say The Order looked really cool (before they released that shit gameplay)? Do I not love both Sony's handhelds? Do I not have about 60+ (maybe 70) PS2 games? And 60+ Vita games? And played over 400 PSP games!!

I'm simply being logical that the PS4 gives very little incentive to own it.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

PS4 still uninteresting StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: PS4 still uninteresting   PS4 still uninteresting I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2014 6:33 pm

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:

Final Fantasy XIV? So wait, a system whose servers can't even handle cod....running an MMO? lol

The servers are hosted by Square Enix, not Sony.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: PS4 still uninteresting   PS4 still uninteresting I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2014 6:47 pm

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
Teckno wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

I guess you must really enjoy Sports and Quick Time Events then.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

PS4 still uninteresting 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: PS4 still uninteresting   PS4 still uninteresting I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2014 6:48 pm

Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: PS4 still uninteresting   PS4 still uninteresting I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2014 12:57 am

I don't even give a shit about the Xbox One. Sony just needs to step it up. Everything. From there software selection to their services. It's fucking embarrassing right now.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: PS4 still uninteresting   PS4 still uninteresting I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2014 12:17 pm

PS4 is pretty shit right now, Xbone has a pretty good line up so far. Bloodborne will come out in a few months though and it will be fucking awesome. I'm also interested in the upcoming Persona 5. It's for PS3 too so I'm wondering how big the differences will be.

I'm guessing it will be like gen 7 again. Xbox will have a superior line up in the first half but Playstation will step it up in the second half.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PS4 still uninteresting R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: PS4 still uninteresting   PS4 still uninteresting I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2014 1:02 pm

PS4 still has the superior multiplats, so yeah....
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: PS4 still uninteresting   PS4 still uninteresting I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2014 4:46 pm

Mecha wrote:
Multiplats don't matter, remember? That was your mantra last gen when almost every game ran better on 360.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: PS4 still uninteresting   PS4 still uninteresting I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2014 5:07 pm

Sir Angelus Ignobilius wrote:
Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
Teckno wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

I guess you must really enjoy Sports and Quick Time Events then.

I don't get it?

I enjoy some sports...? I don't really like quick time events ... but I liked how they were implemented in Ryse...?
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: PS4 still uninteresting   PS4 still uninteresting I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 11:04 am

Orion wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Multiplats don't matter, remember? That was your mantra last gen when almost every game ran better on 360.

PS4 still uninteresting ZS5J9BM
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: PS4 still uninteresting   PS4 still uninteresting I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 12:46 pm

there's been nothing but multi-plats this gen, lol.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: PS4 still uninteresting   PS4 still uninteresting I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 3:55 pm

Nintendo is dominating with exclusives
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: PS4 still uninteresting   PS4 still uninteresting I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 4:00 pm

Orion wrote:
Nintendo is dominating with Mario Kart 8
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: PS4 still uninteresting   PS4 still uninteresting I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 8:09 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Orion wrote:
Nintendo is dominating with Mario Kart 8 and Bayonetta
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PS4 still uninteresting   PS4 still uninteresting I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PS4 still uninteresting
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next