Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Epic distances itself from mass murder game with Islamaphobic links

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Epic distances itself from mass murder game with Islamaphobic links R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Epic distances itself from mass murder game with Islamaphobic links Empty
PostSubject: Epic distances itself from mass murder game with Islamaphobic links   Epic distances itself from mass murder game with Islamaphobic links I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 12:48 pm

Epic distances itself from mass murder game with Islamaphobic links Unreal10

Quote :
The Unreal Engine logo has been removed from a trailer for a game in which players control the perpetrator of a mass shooting.

Epic Games’ Unreal Engine 4 is being used to develop Hatred, a game revealed this morning to a bevy of winces.

In a statement, Epic said it isn’t involved in the project in any way.

“Unreal Engine 4 is available to the general public for use ‘for any lawful purpose,’ and we explicitly don’t exert any sort of creative control or censorship over projects. However, the video is using the trademarked Unreal Engine 4 logo without permission from Epic, and we’ve asked for the removal of our logo from all marketing associated with this product,” the company said.

Polish developer Destructive Creations has already complied with the request. Creative director Jarosław Zieliński told Polygon that the inclusion of the logo has an error.

“I worked on titles and trailers in the past with the Unreal engine license, that is different from the current EULA. Putting Unreal logo at the beginning of our trailer was an obvious choice for me, as the engine is an amazing tool and in fact I considered it mandatory. So I guess I was simply wrong thinking it’s a must,” he said.

While the graphic violence in the game is already causing debate, questions are being asked about the political agenda behind the game.

As noted by Fuck No Video Games, company CEO Zieliński’s personal Facebook reveals he endorses the Polska Liga Obrony (Polish Defense League), a group with anti-immigration and Islamphobic beliefs.

The controversial trailer is embedded below:

Source: VG247
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Epic distances itself from mass murder game with Islamaphobic links Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Epic distances itself from mass murder game with Islamaphobic links   Epic distances itself from mass murder game with Islamaphobic links I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 12:55 pm

Talk about a dramatic voice-over. :=/
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Epic distances itself from mass murder game with Islamaphobic links   Epic distances itself from mass murder game with Islamaphobic links I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 2:29 pm

I think this has to do more with the fact that the game is fucking bloody violent and is bound to generate controversy more so than the personal beliefs of some guy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Epic distances itself from mass murder game with Islamaphobic links   Epic distances itself from mass murder game with Islamaphobic links I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Epic distances itself from mass murder game with Islamaphobic links
Page 1 of 1