Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV

Go down 
+2
Archduke
Mecha
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV Empty
PostSubject: Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV   Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 2:13 pm

Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV   Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 9:55 am

He's leaving to work on Kingdom Hearts 3, because XV is finally almost finished and ready to be released soon. If this speeds up KH3's development time, I will be happy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV   Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 5:50 pm

Man XIV combat looks SO SLOW
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV   Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 1:58 pm

Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Ys: Celceta
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV   Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 3:36 am

It looks like shit.

Kinda getting sick of Nomura's bullshit. He used to be great at character designs, but now all his characters either look like cliche emo anime dudes or random douche bags. He never should have directed a single game. The original Kingdom Hearts was good if you were 12 when it came out, but now the story is so convoluted and absurd that it all feels forced, it constantly contradicts itself, and simply isn't interesting anymore.

He's becoming another Hideo Kojima. Started out great, got high off the praise, then lost his touch and just started including his bullshit all over the place. I spent 7 years looking forward to FFXIII:Versus, and Kingdom Hearts III, but now I'm not willing to spend any more than $15 on each of them. If Yoshitaka Amano doesn't at least do the cover art, I may just stop following Final Fantasy all-together.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV   Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 10:58 am

^^

Character looks dumb, but the game looks baller. I don't get the hate. Huge open world filled with exploration, monstrous bosses that take hours to beat, combat that looks to have strategy involved and teamwork (unlike XIII). Very reminiscent of older FF titles.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV   Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 12:15 pm

Looks like Xenoblade Chronicles with worse graphics
Back to top Go down
Gutzahn
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Gutzahn

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV   Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 12:37 pm

I'll decide what exactly to think about this game in the event that it will ever be released. But I am definitly interested.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV   Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 12:42 pm

Based Sonji wrote:
^^

Character looks dumb, but the game looks baller. I don't get the hate. Huge open world filled with exploration, monstrous bosses that take hours to beat, combat that looks to have strategy involved and teamwork (unlike XIII). Very reminiscent of older FF titles.

Yes, because Final Fantasy has always been about exploration and generic combat.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV   Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 12:51 pm

Sir Angelus Ignobilius wrote:
Based Sonji wrote:
^^

Yes, because Final Fantasy has always been about exploration and generic combat.

Judging the combat when we don't know the specifics, or even the broadest of it, is kind of petty. Though an open world that is fascinating to explore has always been part of FF, yes.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV   Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 3:54 pm

Open world was the best part of Final Fantasy, guessing you only played the newer ones Ang.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV   Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 8:03 pm

Based Sonji wrote:
Judging the combat when we don't know the specifics, or even the broadest of it, is kind of petty. Though an open world that is fascinating to explore has always been part of FF, yes.

Orion wrote:
Open world was the best part of Final Fantasy, guessing you only played the newer ones Ang.

Final Fantasy was more about the music, art style, depth of the characters, and overall storytelling. It isn't a WRPG. The gameplay traditional reinvents itself with each installment.

And Sonji, you judged the combat first. Razz
Back to top Go down
Gutzahn
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Gutzahn

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV   Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 8:07 pm

As for the open world, atleast in FF7 (didn't play many ff games) it had an Open World, yes, but I would agree that the "open" aspect isn't as important here as it is in wrpg. You can go to many places, but really there is only one way to get shit done most of the time.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV   Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 8:57 pm

Based Sonji wrote:

Orion wrote:

Final Fantasy was more about the music, art style, depth of the characters, and overall storytelling.  It isn't a WRPG.  The gameplay traditional reinvents itself with each installment.

Then why are you saying it looks boring if none of the things that FF means to you has been disclosed yet? How much OST have we heard? How much do we know about the characters? How much do you know about the plot? All we've seen of the settings is minor parts of a vast city and the crew in the wilderness.

Wasn't judging it, was predicting from what we've seen and what we know (you use your allies for different gameplay styles). You outright called it generic, which is an awful lot to say for something we know hardly anything about.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV   Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 10:07 pm

Based Sonji wrote:
Based Sonji wrote:

Orion wrote:

Final Fantasy was more about the music, art style, depth of the characters, and overall storytelling.  It isn't a WRPG.  The gameplay traditional reinvents itself with each installment.

Then why are you saying it looks boring if none of the things that FF means to you has been disclosed yet? How much OST have we heard? How much do we know about the characters? How much do you know about the plot? All we've seen of the settings is minor parts of a vast city and the crew in the wilderness.

Wasn't judging it, was predicting from what we've seen and what we know (you use your allies for different gameplay styles). You outright called it generic, which is an awful lot to say for something we know hardly anything about.

Music isn't bad at all. And Amano did his piece.

The battle system looks pretty shitty, we know a lot more about it than you think. The whole point from the beginning was to adapt the Kingdom Hearts battle system into a Final Fantasy game. Nomura spent a long time as it's director. When has Nomura done any good at directing a story?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV   Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV
Page 1 of 1