Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The next Tomb Raider to be Xbox exclusive

Go down 
+9
2Sugoi2Die
TerraXehanort
Stoney
yonny616
Chobo
Bluenose
Orion
RamboOnRedBull
Mecha
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

The next Tomb Raider to be Xbox exclusive - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The next Tomb Raider to be Xbox exclusive   The next Tomb Raider to be Xbox exclusive - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 12:45 pm

360? But it's not coming out until Autumn 2015!?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

The next Tomb Raider to be Xbox exclusive - Page 2 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: The next Tomb Raider to be Xbox exclusive   The next Tomb Raider to be Xbox exclusive - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 1:43 am

Sony: Buying out game exclusivity isn't necessary

Quote :
Sony feels its position in the market is strong enough to where it doesn’t have to “buy outright exclusivity”.

Speaking with CVG at gamescom 2014, PlayStation Europe boss Jim Ryan said the main reason is due to having a “large and very powerful network” of studios all its own.

This combined with third-party partnerships where it makes sense, such as with Activision and Destiny, benefits the consumers

“When you complement those two things we think that gives us a pretty complete position in the market,” said Ryan. “So do we feel the need to go out and buy outright exclusivity? Probably not.

“You saw last night [at Sony's press conference] that before the media briefing we showed updated videos of games that we had revealed at E3. That’s because we wanted to keep the show itself full of new, fresh things. We think that gave us a good, strong, convincing portfolio of exclusive stuff and we’re happy with that.”

Ryan’s response was over CVG questioning whether Sony had a stance on securing triple-A exclusives, such as Microsoft’s timed partnership with Square Enix on Rise of the Tomb Raider.

You can read the full interview with Ryan through the link.

Source: VG247
Back to top Go down
Gutzahn
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Gutzahn

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: The next Tomb Raider to be Xbox exclusive   The next Tomb Raider to be Xbox exclusive - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 10:16 am

I just caught up on this and of course it was all lie and deceit xD.
Man "timed exclusive" shit like this is so sad, no matter who does it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vRSLIQl_Cg
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: The next Tomb Raider to be Xbox exclusive   The next Tomb Raider to be Xbox exclusive - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 11:20 am

Yeah, because No Man's Sky, Hellblade, and Destiny DLC are all coming out on the Xbox One at the same time as the "First on PS4" version.

The article is clickbait bullshit.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

The next Tomb Raider to be Xbox exclusive - Page 2 TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: The next Tomb Raider to be Xbox exclusive   The next Tomb Raider to be Xbox exclusive - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 2:48 pm

I still need to buy Tomb Raider, a girl I know always raves about it when we talk vidya but J I don't really value her opinion on videogames because you know, she's a girl.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: The next Tomb Raider to be Xbox exclusive   The next Tomb Raider to be Xbox exclusive - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 3:56 pm

Who cares, Uncharted is better.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

The next Tomb Raider to be Xbox exclusive - Page 2 PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: The next Tomb Raider to be Xbox exclusive   The next Tomb Raider to be Xbox exclusive - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 10:27 pm

NoelX2 wrote:
Yeah, because No Man's Sky, Hellblade, and Destiny DLC are all coming out on the Xbox One at the same time as the "First on PS4" version.

The article is clickbait bullshit.
No Man's Sky is an indie game. They don't have the money or man power to release on every platform, especially since a lot of indie devs have said MS is difficult to work with. Hellblade is another independent title, that means no publisher, from Ninja Theory and is only worked by a small team and they have to focus on one console. So why not choose the one with the 10 million user install base? Destiny DLC... what about it? It's DLC. Most of it is useless stuff, except for that one mission.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: The next Tomb Raider to be Xbox exclusive   The next Tomb Raider to be Xbox exclusive - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 11:10 pm

Yonny is right. You can't really compare something like DLC and indie games to a triple-A franchise that's been out since the PlayStation One days =/
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: The next Tomb Raider to be Xbox exclusive   The next Tomb Raider to be Xbox exclusive - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 7:24 pm

Microsoft basically admits that they have no game as good as Uncharted

Quote :
Phil Spencer had admitted that Xbox needs an action-adventure game as good as Sony’s Uncharted franchise, and he hopes that tying up exclusivity for Rise of the Tomb Raider will fill that hole.

Eurogamer asked if the deal was to ensure that Xbox had something to compete with Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End in 2015: “Totally. I’m a big fan of Uncharted and I wish we had an action adventure game of that ilk,” said Spencer. “We’ve started some, and we’ve looked at them. But we don’t have one today of that quality. This is an opportunity.”

The exact nature of the exclusivity deal was unclear when Microsoft announced it at gamescom last week, but it now seems that Rise of the Tomb Raider will eventually be free to go to other platforms, the Xbox exclusivity lasting for “a duration.” How long that duration is remains unclear.

Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: The next Tomb Raider to be Xbox exclusive   The next Tomb Raider to be Xbox exclusive - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 7:51 pm

I guess it's uncharted territory for them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The next Tomb Raider to be Xbox exclusive   The next Tomb Raider to be Xbox exclusive - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 10:01 am

It makes sense though to get an already established franchise instead of trying to make an Uncharted killer which will likely fail. I mean look at the attempts of Sony trying to make a Halo killer.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: The next Tomb Raider to be Xbox exclusive   The next Tomb Raider to be Xbox exclusive - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 6:55 pm

Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: The next Tomb Raider to be Xbox exclusive   The next Tomb Raider to be Xbox exclusive - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 1:34 am

Crystal Dynamics wasn’t intentionally vague over Rise of the Tomb Raider’s Xbox One exclusivity

Quote :
Crystal Dynamics says it didn’t mean to confuse or mislead fans when it announced Rise of the Tomb Raider’s exclusivity to Xbox One at gamescom.

Yes, the language used was extremely vague. Still, most people figured it would eventually land on PC and PlayStation 4. It’s just no one was quite sure due to said vagueness, and a blog post from studio head Darrel Gallagher after the fact, didn’t provide fans with any confidence whatsoever on an eventual PC or PS4 version of the game.

Overnight, Crystal Dynamics has tried to clear some of this up in an FAQ on the Tomb Raider Tumblr (thanks, AGB) stating it didn’t make the exclusivity “decision lightly,” and apologized for not being completely upfront.

“Our goal is to build the best game that we possibly can, and our relationship with Microsoft will help us realize our vision for the game,” said the FAQ. “The Microsoft gamescom stage was a great place to make the initial announcement, but not necessarily to go into details.”

As far as Microsoft, Square Enix or Crystal Dynamics not stating upfront it was a timed exclusive, the firm said it “certainly didn’t intend to cause any confusion with the announcement.”

It took Microsoft being pressed on the matter to admit the next Lara Croft game’s exclusivity had a duration, but not until after all parties involved caused a massive shitstorm.

Rise of the Tomb raider is a timed exclusive and slated for a holiday 2015 release on Xbox One.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The next Tomb Raider to be Xbox exclusive   The next Tomb Raider to be Xbox exclusive - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The next Tomb Raider to be Xbox exclusive
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2