Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

R.I.P. Studio Ghibli

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

R.I.P. Studio Ghibli R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

R.I.P. Studio Ghibli Empty
PostSubject: R.I.P. Studio Ghibli   R.I.P. Studio Ghibli I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2014 8:50 pm

R.I.P. Studio Ghibli Studio10

Quote :
Word is coming out of Japan confirming recent rumors that Japan's legendary animation house, Studio Ghibli, the long-time home of Oscar-winning animator Hayao Miyazaki, will be shutting its doors.

This sad and shocking news comes out of an appearance by Studio Ghibli general manager Toshio Suzuki on Japanese television that's been translated on Oh-Totoro.com (via The Film Stage), basically saying they would be closing the animation feature film department, maintaining a small staff to focus on trademarked material.

This is a loosely translated report that's shown up online after the television appearance:

"Just moments ago, Toshio Suzuki, Studio Ghibli producer, announced on the TV show of the MBS Jounetsu Tairiku chain effectively as announced as sources close to the studio, Studio Ghibli will close and production studio anime, leaving himself only as a company that will manage its trademarks. As stated in the program’s producer, "the production department of anime will be dismantled," which coincides with the data that we gave in our previous post on this decision had been taken from spring after the poor reception at the box office of Kaguya-hime no Monogatari.

In the interview, Suzuki has also admitted that it was a major setback for the study progress Hayao Miyazaki*, one of the reasons already unveiled the portal Rakuten Woman. Once we have access to the full TV interview, adding more data. No doubt that this is a very sad news for Japanese animation, of which we are all fans, because it is undeniable everything Studio Ghibli has given the anime. Please remember that what will be his last film, Omoide no Marnie, premiered at the Japanese box office on 19 July.”

(*Note: this seems like a mistranslation. We assume that "study progress" is meant to say "studio to lose.")

Studio Ghibli's founder Hayao Miyazaki retired last year after finishing his final film, the Oscar-nominated The Wind Rises, handing the studio over to Suzuki, who retired from producing to become the general manager. Before his retirement, Miyazaki and Studio Ghibli crated some of the most beloved and iconic 2D animated films of the past thirty years including Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, Howl's Moving Castle and many more.

When Marie Was There, based on the novel by Joan G. Robinson and released in Japan on July 19, will be the studio's last feature film with no signs of a U.S. release date, as of yet. In the meantime, GKIDS will release Isao Takahata's The Tale of the Princess Kaguya in select cities on October 17.

Source: Comingsoon.net
Back to top Go down

R.I.P. Studio Ghibli
Page 1 of 1