Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Full Metal Panic!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TerraXehanort
Unique Grunt
Unique Grunt

Stature : 2

Full Metal Panic! Empty
PostSubject: Full Metal Panic!   Full Metal Panic! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 1:40 pm

Essentially if you havent seen it it's an anime about a 16-18 year old Sergeant named Sousuke Sagara who's been assigned to protect a girl who is one of the Whispered named Kaname Chidori. This shit is hilarious, and easily one of my favorite anime of all time.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

Full Metal Panic! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Full Metal Panic!   Full Metal Panic! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 1:55 pm

Oh man. I didn't even finish the first series. Maybe I should rewatch it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

Full Metal Panic! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Full Metal Panic!   Full Metal Panic! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 2:33 pm

@Noel, do it. Season 2 is great, season 3 is awesome.

I've already seen all three seasons or series of this show and reviewed them in the anime reviewing thread. The first series was decent, as it didn't really know where to stand as a show. It felt like it wanted to be a serious, mecha-combat driven anime series. However, there is too much comedy/romantic humor in it that it makes the show feel out of place at times. Plus, the mecha combat can be very boring and just a let-down as whole. Though, the music in the openings is great and art is really good by Kyoanimation for Fumoffu and The Second Raid, since it's one of the studio's first series project. (Gonzo art for 1st season is kinda bleh at best)

The humor gets better as the show goes on though, and I love how that Tessa girl is an American and she gets to be captain of her own secret submarine at only age 16. Fumoffu is one of the funniest slap-stick animated comedy series that I've ever seen. Literally, the humor never gets old in the show. The Second Raid, however, is more action based and kinda feels like 1 big, 6-hour long film that doesn't have a proper ending. Which sucks, because the anime was great until the ending happened, which was rushed and should been handled better by Kyoani.

Unfortunately, you have to read the manga/light novels to finish the story as we're probably not getting season 4 ever or anytime in the near future. TSR ended in 2005, I doubt the creators of FMP really care about giving their licenses to studios for them to finish animating the show well after TSR ended. The lack of a fourth season hurts this show due to some plotholes and things unexplained in TSR.

Oh and DEFINITELY watch the show dubbed. While both versions are good, the dub makes the show a whole lot funnier and just better IMO. Overall, they are three really good anime series. But there are plenty of shows out there that are much better. (Like Code Geass or FullMetal Alchemist)
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
TerraXehanort
Unique Grunt
Unique Grunt

Full Metal Panic! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Full Metal Panic!   Full Metal Panic! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2014 1:50 pm

Fumoffu was pretty hilarious. That final episode of Fumoffu had me laughing so hard I almost couldn't breathe. It was so funny...
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

Full Metal Panic! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Full Metal Panic!   Full Metal Panic! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2014 1:57 pm

TerraXehanort wrote:
Fumoffu was pretty hilarious. That final episode of Fumoffu had me laughing so hard I almost couldn't breathe. It was so funny...

Yup, it's my favorite comedic anime. My favorite episode is definitely the last episode. That ending...... Surprised 
Back to top Go down
TerraXehanort
Unique Grunt
Unique Grunt

Full Metal Panic! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Full Metal Panic!   Full Metal Panic! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2014 2:06 pm

Second Raid im assuming? Or did you mean Fumoffu? Fumoffu's ending (involving the "toxin" or whatever) where you find out it just burned your clothes off just was hysterical. If we're talking about The Second Raid, that ending was awesome too... I just wish they'd continue it.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

Full Metal Panic! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Full Metal Panic!   Full Metal Panic! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2014 2:29 pm

TerraXehanort wrote:
Second Raid im assuming? Or did you mean Fumoffu? Fumoffu's ending (involving the "toxin" or whatever) where you find out it just burned your clothes off just was hysterical. If we're talking about The Second Raid, that ending was awesome too... I just wish they'd continue it.

I was talking about the last episode of Fumoffu with the deadly toxin.

But yeah, I would love if this anime ever got another season. Too bad that will probably never happen. Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Full Metal Panic! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Full Metal Panic!   Full Metal Panic! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Full Metal Panic!
Page 1 of 1