Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Crytek sells Homefront to Deep Silver, new studio working on Homefront: The Revolution

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Crytek sells Homefront to Deep Silver, new studio working on Homefront: The Revolution Empty
PostSubject: Crytek sells Homefront to Deep Silver, new studio working on Homefront: The Revolution   Crytek sells Homefront to Deep Silver, new studio working on Homefront: The Revolution I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 6:02 pm

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/07/30/deep-silver-now-owns-homefront-new-studio-handling-development.aspx

Development of Homefront: The Revolution is now given to a new studio based in Nottingham called Deep Silver Dambuster, all staff from Crytek UK will transfer there to continue work. This indicates that Crytek UK will be shut down.

In additional news the game Hunt: Horrors of Gilded Age which was being developed by Crytek USA has now been shifted to the head studios Crysis Frankfurt.

Last edited by Toxicmaniac on Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Crytek sells Homefront to Deep Silver, new studio working on Homefront: The Revolution 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

Crytek sells Homefront to Deep Silver, new studio working on Homefront: The Revolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crytek sells Homefront to Deep Silver, new studio working on Homefront: The Revolution   Crytek sells Homefront to Deep Silver, new studio working on Homefront: The Revolution I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 6:08 pm

I'm convinced that the Homefront IP is cursed. After the first game came out, the original dev, Kaos Studios, got shut down a few months after. And eventually publisher THQ went dwon as well. Now Crytek is starting to go under, and I fear that Deep Silver may go the same way if they don't abandon the IP now.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Crytek sells Homefront to Deep Silver, new studio working on Homefront: The Revolution   Crytek sells Homefront to Deep Silver, new studio working on Homefront: The Revolution I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 8:01 pm

Technically Frontlines was Homefront's predecessor.

That game was good
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Crytek sells Homefront to Deep Silver, new studio working on Homefront: The Revolution   Crytek sells Homefront to Deep Silver, new studio working on Homefront: The Revolution I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 12:50 am

Homefront was trash, IMO. The game played liked a watered-down Battlefield MP wise, with a limited amount of guns to choose from, and aiming so annoying it'll make you quit the game. Technically, the game was broken and crashed on me all the time. Hell, I remember when I first got Homefront, it took me forever to beat the first mission in the campaign due to the game crashing and locking up on me. The game's plot with North Korea taking over the United States was also dumb as shit, and the campaign ended on one of the worst cliffhangers I've ever witnessed in a video-game. However, the MP was fun to play at times. It had vehicles(I think? Been awhile since I touched it), maps were big and wide-open and there was definitely a sense of teamwork for sides of a MP match. (Like Battlefield)

Anyways, the trailer for Homefront 2 looked promising and initially I was interested in the game upon seeing those visuals and some of the story. Also, having crytek on-board to develop this sequel instead of Kaos studios who closed down due to the travesty that was Homefront 1 made me hope that this game would be good. Now, I'm having second thoughts about this game.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Crytek sells Homefront to Deep Silver, new studio working on Homefront: The Revolution R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Crytek sells Homefront to Deep Silver, new studio working on Homefront: The Revolution   Crytek sells Homefront to Deep Silver, new studio working on Homefront: The Revolution I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2015 5:29 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crytek sells Homefront to Deep Silver, new studio working on Homefront: The Revolution   Crytek sells Homefront to Deep Silver, new studio working on Homefront: The Revolution I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crytek sells Homefront to Deep Silver, new studio working on Homefront: The Revolution
Page 1 of 1