Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sailor Moon coming to Blu-ray!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Sailor Moon coming to Blu-ray! R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Sailor Moon coming to Blu-ray! Empty
PostSubject: Sailor Moon coming to Blu-ray!   Sailor Moon coming to Blu-ray! I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 4:02 pm

FUNimation, take notes.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon coming to Blu-ray!   Sailor Moon coming to Blu-ray! I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 5:09 pm

Sailor Moon was my fucking childhood. (pokemon was as well)  Even though the english dub is utter shite, the japanese version of the anime was quite good.

Nostalgia FTW.

EDIT: It's good to see this anime finally get licensed, again. It's only been over a decade since this was back and shown on the U.S. and english shores. With the anime reboot coming up in July, this makes sense.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon coming to Blu-ray!   Sailor Moon coming to Blu-ray! I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 6:27 pm

The Blu-ray is going to have a brand new English dub cast, for those of you who haven't made it through the whole video. So fans who grew up with the DIC version are probably going to be disappointment with this release. But at least the presentation of the show will be a lot closer to how it aired in Japan many years ago. Sailor Moon actually sounds like a 14 year old girl now, and the lesbian relationship between one of the Sailor scouts will probably no longer be censored.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon coming to Blu-ray!   Sailor Moon coming to Blu-ray! I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 6:39 pm

I just read that the creator of the entire franchise (Naoko Takeuchi) is handpicking the new dub voice actors for the old anime. And that it will air every monday in subs, on Hulu starting in 2 days. Pretty cool! I hope the new SM reboot anime gets shown on tv, like toonami.

Now, if only Dragonball Z can get a blu ray release my life would be complete. It's pretty ridiculous at this point, where it's just sad.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon coming to Blu-ray!   Sailor Moon coming to Blu-ray! I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 6:53 pm

Dragon Ball Z does have Blu-ray releases. The problem is though, is that they're either shit or incomplete. I wish VIZ Media, the ones who are currently working on Sailor Moon Blu-ray, got the rights to Dragon Ball. Because their Blu-ray release of Ranma ½ takes a giant shit on the current Dragon Ball Z Blu-ray releases. Makes FUNimation look like it's run by people who don't know what they're doing.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon coming to Blu-ray!   Sailor Moon coming to Blu-ray! I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 7:14 pm

Mecha wrote:
Dragon Ball Z does have Blu-ray releases. The problem is though, is that they're either shit or incomplete. I wish VIZ Media, the ones who are currently working on Sailor Moon Blu-ray, got the rights to Dragon Ball. Because their Blu-ray release of Ranma ½ takes a giant shit on the current Dragon Ball Z Blu-ray releases. Makes FUNimation look like it's run by people who don't know what they're doing.

Speaking of FUNimation, their Attack on Titan dub is HORRIBLE!!! They fucked up the voices so badly, Eren Jaeger sounds like a faggot, Mikasa sounds like a bitch, and Hannes is awful. Only some of the voices are good, like the military recruits and such. If FUNimation really wants to win over some people, they should pick up the original Neon Genesis Evangelion license and re-dub that into english, since they own the rights to the rebuild films. The NGE dub is pretty poor from what I've heard. (currently watching NGE in subs form.)

Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon coming to Blu-ray!   Sailor Moon coming to Blu-ray! I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 7:45 pm

Haven't heard the English dub for Attack on Titan, so I can't really say much. But it wouldn't surprise me since Texas sucks.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Sailor Moon coming to Blu-ray! StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon coming to Blu-ray!   Sailor Moon coming to Blu-ray! I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 7:58 pm

>Viz Media

Enjoy your censorship ku~
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon coming to Blu-ray!   Sailor Moon coming to Blu-ray! I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 8:52 pm

2Sugoi2Die wrote:
>Viz Media

Enjoy your censorship ku~

It's uncut.

@ Mecha, AOT airs 11:30 pm tonight on Toonami. I recommend you watch it, and come back to tell me how much you will hate it. Trust me, it freaking blows.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon coming to Blu-ray!   Sailor Moon coming to Blu-ray! I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 9:23 pm

@Duke I'm planning on buying Attack on Titan soon on Blu-ray instead.

@Padders It's going to be 100% uncut and uncensored.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon coming to Blu-ray!   Sailor Moon coming to Blu-ray! I_icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 4:18 pm

http://www.buzzfeed.com/lilyhiottmillis/sailor-moon-was-the-gayest-cartoon-on-television
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon coming to Blu-ray!   Sailor Moon coming to Blu-ray! I_icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 2:32 am

Sounds like a solid appetizer for the upcoming reboot.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon coming to Blu-ray!   Sailor Moon coming to Blu-ray! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 3:03 pm

Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon coming to Blu-ray!   Sailor Moon coming to Blu-ray! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2014 11:27 am

Sailor Moon coming to Blu-ray! Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQcKioAHwATHa0lkNHm-Rknnxti4DydXzHrlvHFE35gld7bS4fy
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon coming to Blu-ray!   Sailor Moon coming to Blu-ray! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 2:06 pm

Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon coming to Blu-ray!   Sailor Moon coming to Blu-ray! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 10:48 am

First 23 episodes or so of the new English Dub are up on Hulu if anybody cares.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon coming to Blu-ray!   Sailor Moon coming to Blu-ray! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sailor Moon coming to Blu-ray!
Page 1 of 1