Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Persons 4 Golden First impressions

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

Persons 4 Golden First impressions Empty
PostSubject: Persons 4 Golden First impressions   Persons 4 Golden First impressions I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 3:04 pm

So, you finally get this 94/100 rated Game and are in high spirits with great expectations. Upon launch you are greeted with a wonderfully flamboyant girly Japanese pop song with all the protagonists dancing gleefully. Then after a few minutes of that you put up with about 30 more cutscenes, most of which are in game.
You will see which character you are forced to play as in this game full of choice. He is a skinny little boy with a woman's figure and silver hair that doesn't know how to talk, but people understand what he is saying by the way he nods his head. A creepy guy calls you handsome and then smuggles you into his home, and let's you stay there for a year with his cutesy little daughter. You will have lots of fun having dinner with her and listen to her singing advertisement music time and time again. Then you will have your first day in school. The lesson comprises of the teacher telling you to be a virgin even though spring time makes everyone horny... Apparently. And then you become the hot topic in class because you are the new kid, and everyone knows that when there's a new kid no one is capable of talking about anything but that. You have a chance to get along with some guys but you consciously sit next to girls, talk to girls, and walk home with girls. Naturally. And these girls aren't just girls but they are girls that bully guys. Then you hear about the suicide about a local TV news anchor and get to get nowhere with one of these girls. Then finally you can move your character and look around a bit. The interaction I'd unparalleled. You can look at anything in the empty streets with shops that are unmanned which you can't enter. On the whole, fantastic Game. Not regretting this one bit.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Persons 4 Golden First impressions Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Persons 4 Golden First impressions   Persons 4 Golden First impressions I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 3:09 pm

:lolface:
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Persons 4 Golden First impressions   Persons 4 Golden First impressions I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 3:39 pm

Did I mention his totes awesome v neck and the way he listens in on all the girls convos to hear juicy gossip?  And how the most masculine character is a girl called chie?  And how you touch the screen at midnight to find your soul mate,  because you know,  that's what guys do.
Also how he walks around with a hand on his hip at all times, and carries an umbrella sometimes
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Persons 4 Golden First impressions   Persons 4 Golden First impressions I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 5:36 pm

It sounds like youre loving it.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Persons 4 Golden First impressions   Persons 4 Golden First impressions I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 9:03 pm

Shigdig wrote:
It sounds like youre loving it.

I cannot for the life of me understand how a game like this can get over 70/100. Sure the narrative is interesting enough but the world is bland and empty, the tv world is even more so with some repetitive dungeons, the characters are obnoxious and the game throws this illusion of choice at you when your decisions pretty much have no effect on the pre-determined outcome. The unlockable costumes would be pretty neat except it turns out they only show up in dungeons. So basically the novelty is killed as your entire time outside the dungeons will be spent in school uniform. Oh and don't get me started on the soundtrack. It's the only time in my life I have had to actually mute a game because the soundtrack was doing my head in! The game does so many things wrong that the few things it does right are almost barely worth seeing. How people could claim this is the best handheld RPG or even the BEST GAME ON THE VITA ALONE astonishes me.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Persons 4 Golden First impressions StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Persons 4 Golden First impressions   Persons 4 Golden First impressions I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 9:35 pm

How far are you in?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Persons 4 Golden First impressions   Persons 4 Golden First impressions I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 10:55 pm

>hating The soundtrack

Persons 4 Golden First impressions ErZEfU2

You just have shit taste m8. Although it can get a bit repetitive, it isnt meant to be listened to on full blast with headphones. its background music. i usually keep it very low when playing. the P3 soundtrack was better though.

wait till you save kanji. This game will be your GOTY because you can relate to him.

Razz
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Persons 4 Golden First impressions   Persons 4 Golden First impressions I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 9:25 pm

Paddy, I've played around 6 hours so far.

The last hour I spent wandering round a fucking dungeon looking for Yukiko-san that looked the same as previous dungeons I've been in, with all of the corridors and floors looking the same, only to finally get to the boss which I realized I was too weak to fight.

ehh even Kanji looks like a bit of a fag Razz

I'm actually starting to like Yosuke but man this game is so riddled with flaws that it angers me. Why is it some JRPG's can get away with issues that a lot of other games cannot?

As for the soundtrack, it's nothing to do about it being repetitive. It's just horribly out of place. What happened to good old orchestral scores? What's with this jpop faggotry that's making my ears bleed while I try to get immersed into this small town?
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Persons 4 Golden First impressions StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Persons 4 Golden First impressions   Persons 4 Golden First impressions I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:57 pm

Finding the boss weakness should makes things easier.

There are orchestral scores but I think they are mostly boss themes tho.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Persons 4 Golden First impressions   Persons 4 Golden First impressions I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 7:28 am

2Sugoi2Die wrote:
Finding the boss weakness should makes things easier.

There are orchestral scores but I think they are mostly boss themes tho.

Yeah by soundtrack i am specifically talking about that horrid music that plays while exploring the town. Not all of the music is bad, but the bits that don't kill your ears are just simply forgettable.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Persons 4 Golden First impressions TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Persons 4 Golden First impressions   Persons 4 Golden First impressions I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 12:43 pm

I know you like Crisis Core lykos, what other JRPG's did you like?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Persons 4 Golden First impressions   Persons 4 Golden First impressions I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 1:26 pm

you should get virtues last reward next.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Persons 4 Golden First impressions   Persons 4 Golden First impressions I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 5:44 pm

Orion wrote:
I know you like Crisis Core lykos, what other JRPG's did you like?

Final Fantasy IX
Breath of Fire I, II, III, IV all had me enticed for a while
Orphen was alright

and that's all I can remember for now. Clearly it's not my favourite area for gaming XD
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Persons 4 Golden First impressions   Persons 4 Golden First impressions I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 7:21 pm

OMG Daisuke admitted that he's addicted to (sea) weed (crackers).

This game is promote drugs. Im anger
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Persons 4 Golden First impressions   Persons 4 Golden First impressions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Persons 4 Golden First impressions
Page 1 of 1