Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Infamous: Second Son Dials Up the Action and the Drama

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Infamous: Second Son Dials Up the Action and the Drama Empty
Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Infamous: Second Son Dials Up the Action and the Drama   Infamous: Second Son Dials Up the Action and the Drama I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 12:26 pm

Quote :
In video games, action and story are often conflicting forces that, for one reason or another, never seem to peak together. But in the time I spent recently with Infamous: Second Son, I was impressed both by the fluidity of its action and the authenticity of its storytelling – a rare mix in the sandbox action genre. And whether I was speeding from rooftop to rooftop amidst the flickering particles of Delsin's new neon powers or watching him have a moment with his brother Reggie, the added oomph of the PS4 kept my eyeballs tingling.

Before I'd fired off my first smoke shot, or subdued a single enemy, Second Son impressed me with its cinematic chops. My demo kicked off with a quick trailer introducing me to Abigail “Fetch” Walker, a vigilante conduit wreaking havoc on Seattle's drug dealers. Delsin and his brother Reggie manage to apprehend her, but it was left to me to decide her fate. Sure, that choice was still a disappointingly simple matter of naughty or nice, but regardless of what direction I went with, the ensuing exchange between the brothers was charged with nuance and tension. Troy Baker's predictably great voice work breathes real life into the anti-hero, imbuing him with a believable potential for either malice or morality. This duality helps bubble the many complexities of the brothers' relationship to the surface. Reggie loves his brother, but he truly doesn't know if Delsin is capable of discerning right from wrong. I already feel invested in how their story unfolds.

Depending on what I decided to do, my next mission was completely different. One had me going on an Anakin-esque tear, killing unarmed anti-conduit protestors by the dozens, and in the other, I was searching houseboats for drugs to destroy and hostages to rescue. Both missions were nicely paced and ended with an impressive climax that, sadly, I'm not allowed to discuss. But what was even more noteworthy was how it felt to control Delsin. Infamous 1 and 2 handled great, but the refined, direct nature of how our new hero responds to inputs is on another level. His animations transition so smoothly as he changes direction, and despite how quickly he moves, he feels entirely rooted to the Seattle streets he stalks.

Infamous: Second Son Dials Up the Action and the Drama InFAMOUS_Second_Son-Neon-Stasis01_1392034962-610x343
Let there be light.

Except of course when he's got his neon powers activated, at which point even gravity has little sway over him. In this mode, I could streak straight up the side of a building's exterior without any parkour at all. Using L2 to aim, I could even slow time and highlight the weak spots of any enemy around me to strike for maximum effectiveness. Regular attacks might not do as much damage as when using smoke powers, but the extra maneuverability and precision more than made up for it. Regardless of which power set you're using, though, you're practically guaranteed to look good while wreaking havoc.

There's an incredible amount of detail packed into every frame of Second Son, but the lighting and particle effects stand above all of them. Environmental reflections flicker off puddles of water in the street, neon projectiles pulse with an incandescent glow as they hurtle towards enemies, and all without so much as a hitch in performance. Especially in a large, fairly destructible open-world environment, that's a pretty impressive feat, and a good reason to be thankful for next-gen hardware.

Infamous: Second Son Dials Up the Action and the Drama InFAMOUS_Second_Son-Neon_ground_pound_413_1392034960-610x343
One man rave.

Infamous is easily my favorite open-world action franchise, and Second Son looks as if it will elevate the series in almost every way. It's a little disappointing that the morality system doesn't seem to have matured as much as the rest of the story and presentational elements, but perhaps some of the other choices in the full game will be a bit more difficult to make. Regardless, Infamous: Second Son looks and plays like a dream, and I'm itching to spend more time with it.

Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/12/infamous-second-son-dials-up-the-action-and-the-drama

This is probably going to be my favorite series of next gen. Also it seems like Delsin's neon powers are just as significant as his smoke powers.

Fingers crossed for water power. I'd love to play as a waterbender type conduit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Infamous: Second Son Dials Up the Action and the Drama ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: Infamous: Second Son Dials Up the Action and the Drama   Infamous: Second Son Dials Up the Action and the Drama I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 2:02 pm

I only care about Sasha. <3

This is looking really good. I should get around to playing inFAMOUS 2.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Infamous: Second Son Dials Up the Action and the Drama TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Infamous: Second Son Dials Up the Action and the Drama   Infamous: Second Son Dials Up the Action and the Drama I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 2:04 pm

Meh, honestly doesn't look too impressive. I wish the combat was more fast paced.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Infamous: Second Son Dials Up the Action and the Drama   Infamous: Second Son Dials Up the Action and the Drama I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 2:39 pm

Orion wrote:
Meh, honestly doesn't look too impressive. I wish the combat was more fast paced.

It is extremely fast paced.... Hell, IF2 was very fast paced...
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Infamous: Second Son Dials Up the Action and the Drama R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Infamous: Second Son Dials Up the Action and the Drama   Infamous: Second Son Dials Up the Action and the Drama I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 8:18 pm

Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Infamous: Second Son Dials Up the Action and the Drama   Infamous: Second Son Dials Up the Action and the Drama I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 10:15 pm

Delsin's brother is so going to fucking die. At least in one of the endings.

I'm calling it right now.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Infamous: Second Son Dials Up the Action and the Drama   Infamous: Second Son Dials Up the Action and the Drama I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 10:19 pm

What does this new game have to do with Cole again?
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Infamous: Second Son Dials Up the Action and the Drama   Infamous: Second Son Dials Up the Action and the Drama I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 10:27 pm

Mecha wrote:
What does this new game have to do with Cole again?

It doesn't?

I mean not directly, at least.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Infamous: Second Son Dials Up the Action and the Drama   Infamous: Second Son Dials Up the Action and the Drama I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 5:36 am

Hopefully, it's true to the spirit of the first two games.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Infamous: Second Son Dials Up the Action and the Drama TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Infamous: Second Son Dials Up the Action and the Drama   Infamous: Second Son Dials Up the Action and the Drama I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 6:49 am

So which ending of InFamous 2 is canon?
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Infamous: Second Son Dials Up the Action and the Drama   Infamous: Second Son Dials Up the Action and the Drama I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 10:51 am

Orion wrote:
So which ending of InFamous 2 is canon?

I'd say neither.

But in technicality, the evil ending.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Infamous: Second Son Dials Up the Action and the Drama Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Infamous: Second Son Dials Up the Action and the Drama   Infamous: Second Son Dials Up the Action and the Drama I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 11:03 am

I think they said it was the Good ending that was canon, Teck. 

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/07/new-details-emerge-for-ps4s-infamous-second-son

Quote :
Sucker Punch settled on the game's good ending as canon: Cole MacGrath has been killed, etc.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Infamous: Second Son Dials Up the Action and the Drama   Infamous: Second Son Dials Up the Action and the Drama I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 11:13 am

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
I think they said it was the Good ending that was canon, Teck. 

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/07/new-details-emerge-for-ps4s-infamous-second-son

Quote :
Sucker Punch settled on the game's good ending as canon: Cole MacGrath has been killed, etc.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Infamous: Second Son Dials Up the Action and the Drama   Infamous: Second Son Dials Up the Action and the Drama I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 12:12 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Infamous: Second Son Dials Up the Action and the Drama   Infamous: Second Son Dials Up the Action and the Drama I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Infamous: Second Son Dials Up the Action and the Drama
Page 1 of 1