Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MW3 To Feature "Destrutible Environments, bigger maps than Battlefield 3"

Go down 
+6
Jack the Spectre
The Enkindler
Pein
Orc
Blixtstorm
RamboOnRedBull
10 posters
AuthorMessage
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

MW3 To Feature "Destrutible Environments, bigger maps than Battlefield 3"  Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

MW3 To Feature "Destrutible Environments, bigger maps than Battlefield 3"  Empty
PostSubject: MW3 To Feature "Destrutible Environments, bigger maps than Battlefield 3"    MW3 To Feature "Destrutible Environments, bigger maps than Battlefield 3"  I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 11:39 am

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/300752/news/modern-warfare-3-takes-on-battlefield-3-with-bigger-maps-destructible-environments-report/
MW3 Could be a good game........NOT! MW3 To Feature "Destrutible Environments, bigger maps than Battlefield 3"  725796345
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
Blixtstorm

Stature : 18
Sweden
Playing : TDU2 (PC) / Minecraft (Tekkit modpack)

MW3 To Feature "Destrutible Environments, bigger maps than Battlefield 3"  Empty
PostSubject: Re: MW3 To Feature "Destrutible Environments, bigger maps than Battlefield 3"    MW3 To Feature "Destrutible Environments, bigger maps than Battlefield 3"  I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 11:52 am

I dont think they will be able to make a better engine then Frostbite 2.

It has taken them over 7 years to develop it. And DICE is one of the biggest developer in the world. For Sledgehammer studios to make anything equal they would need some hundreds of years.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: MW3 To Feature "Destrutible Environments, bigger maps than Battlefield 3"    MW3 To Feature "Destrutible Environments, bigger maps than Battlefield 3"  I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 11:56 am

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt...
I mean cod games are fun, just massively flawed.
Back to top Go down
Pein
Non-Essential NPC
Pein

Stature : -6
Macedonia

PostSubject: Re: MW3 To Feature "Destrutible Environments, bigger maps than Battlefield 3"    MW3 To Feature "Destrutible Environments, bigger maps than Battlefield 3"  I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 12:18 pm

NOW it took them to bring destructible enviroments..if it becomes like battlefield..it may NOT be that bad i mean..with vehicles and all that..i don't know..they can make the cod games GOOD and PLAYABLE if they take time to make it like battlefield 3..but im sorry.im BUYING battlefield 3 while ill be RENTING mw3
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: MW3 To Feature "Destrutible Environments, bigger maps than Battlefield 3"    MW3 To Feature "Destrutible Environments, bigger maps than Battlefield 3"  I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 12:31 pm

O_o, Looks like they dressed the cow this time. Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: MW3 To Feature "Destrutible Environments, bigger maps than Battlefield 3"    MW3 To Feature "Destrutible Environments, bigger maps than Battlefield 3"  I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 12:43 pm

^
that reminds me, why do all cod games have dead cows in them? XD
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: MW3 To Feature "Destrutible Environments, bigger maps than Battlefield 3"    MW3 To Feature "Destrutible Environments, bigger maps than Battlefield 3"  I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 1:42 pm

Looks like someone wants to step in the footprints of the almighty DICE. :3
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

MW3 To Feature "Destrutible Environments, bigger maps than Battlefield 3"  XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: MW3 To Feature "Destrutible Environments, bigger maps than Battlefield 3"    MW3 To Feature "Destrutible Environments, bigger maps than Battlefield 3"  I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 3:01 pm

I love how Call of Duty is trying to be like Battlefield now. Looks like they're scared.

Making the maps bigger than Battlefield 3's means changing the core gameplay mechanics. Battlefield is squad-based, so it requires more room, whereas Call of Duty is more lone wolf-based.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: MW3 To Feature "Destrutible Environments, bigger maps than Battlefield 3"    MW3 To Feature "Destrutible Environments, bigger maps than Battlefield 3"  I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 3:50 pm

Hmm, maybe this means it will change up gameplay mechanics.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: MW3 To Feature "Destrutible Environments, bigger maps than Battlefield 3"    MW3 To Feature "Destrutible Environments, bigger maps than Battlefield 3"  I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 6:34 pm

They are not using a new engine people. It's the same shit.

Frostbite 2.0 is a new next-gen ready game engine with real time differed shading and destruction.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

MW3 To Feature "Destrutible Environments, bigger maps than Battlefield 3"  XidKdMN
New York

PostSubject: Re: MW3 To Feature "Destrutible Environments, bigger maps than Battlefield 3"    MW3 To Feature "Destrutible Environments, bigger maps than Battlefield 3"  I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 6:42 pm

Hell, I doubt MW3 will even match the original Frostbite engine.
Back to top Go down
Pizzy3C
Special Unit
Special Unit
Pizzy3C

Stature : 23

PostSubject: Re: MW3 To Feature "Destrutible Environments, bigger maps than Battlefield 3"    MW3 To Feature "Destrutible Environments, bigger maps than Battlefield 3"  I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 7:18 pm

That sucks, I was hoping to get COD4 back... I h8 Battlefield, I h8 having to rely on teammates who, for all I know, just bought the game expecting to pwn noobs like in COD... I don't like playing 1-12...

Thank God Black Ops put in that MLG playlist... I don't think I have to buy another shooter ever...
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: MW3 To Feature "Destrutible Environments, bigger maps than Battlefield 3"    MW3 To Feature "Destrutible Environments, bigger maps than Battlefield 3"  I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 2:45 pm

Lol @ CoD trying to play catch up with Battlefield now, too late activision, DICE and EA are leaps and bounds ahead of you.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: MW3 To Feature "Destrutible Environments, bigger maps than Battlefield 3"    MW3 To Feature "Destrutible Environments, bigger maps than Battlefield 3"  I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 6:31 pm

Reaper wrote:
Lol @ CoD trying to play catch up with Battlefield now, too late activision, DICE and EA are leaps and bounds ahead of you.
What's funny is that by going after Battlefield's loyal audience, Call of Duty will most likely lose some of its own audience which will hurt sales.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MW3 To Feature "Destrutible Environments, bigger maps than Battlefield 3"    MW3 To Feature "Destrutible Environments, bigger maps than Battlefield 3"  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MW3 To Feature "Destrutible Environments, bigger maps than Battlefield 3"
Page 1 of 1