Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

“I know I’m a douche”: Hoaxer explains why he created fake Fallout 4 website

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

“I know I’m a douche”: Hoaxer explains why he created fake Fallout 4 website R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

“I know I’m a douche”: Hoaxer explains why he created fake Fallout 4 website Empty
PostSubject: “I know I’m a douche”: Hoaxer explains why he created fake Fallout 4 website   “I know I’m a douche”: Hoaxer explains why he created fake Fallout 4 website I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 8:42 am

“I know I’m a douche”: Hoaxer explains why he created fake Fallout 4 website Fallou10

Quote :
Fallout 4′s Survivor 2299 teaser site was confirmed as fakeby Bethesda over the weekend, and now the perp behind the prank has come clean to explain why he did it.

We posted Bethesda’s confirmation here.

The hoaxer took to this Reddit AMA to discuss the ploy, colourfully titled, “Uhm, Hello? I’m the Prick behind thesurvivor2299.” He admitted that he had to stop once Bethesda got in touch.

Explaining the matter, he said, “Some men just want to watch the world burn. I wanted to force Bethesda to reveal something during VGX, and bring [the Reddit] Fallout community together (for at least 3 weeks). Unfortunately, this plan failed.”

“I’m one of these ‘selfish bastards with a lot of money’ so I wanted to release a CGI trailer. But Pete [Hines, Bethesda's PR boss] killed my plans. Maybe I’ll release it later along with the script, so somebody else can use it… I don’t wan’t to piss off Bethesda at this time even more.”

He added that he still plans on releasing the CGI trailer after December 11 and the whole scam cost around $900, a figure which the pranker said meant nothing to him, adding, “I know I’m a douche.”

He revealed that Bethesda warned him about possible backlash from gamers, and admitted that he has since received death threats.

Well, he sure fooled us and most of the gaming press. Bravo.

Is Fallout 4 still happening though? Let us know what you think below.

Via Eurogamer.

Source: VG247
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

“I know I’m a douche”: Hoaxer explains why he created fake Fallout 4 website ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

“I know I’m a douche”: Hoaxer explains why he created fake Fallout 4 website Empty
PostSubject: Re: “I know I’m a douche”: Hoaxer explains why he created fake Fallout 4 website   “I know I’m a douche”: Hoaxer explains why he created fake Fallout 4 website I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 5:09 pm

Death threats may as well be meaningless now, since people receive them over every little thing.
Back to top Go down

“I know I’m a douche”: Hoaxer explains why he created fake Fallout 4 website
Page 1 of 1