Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Teardown: Xbox One costs $90 more to make than PS4

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

Teardown: Xbox One costs $90 more to make than PS4 Empty
PostSubject: Teardown: Xbox One costs $90 more to make than PS4   Teardown: Xbox One costs $90 more to make than PS4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 5:43 pm

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/teardown-reveals-xbox-one-costs-90-more-than-ps4-to-make/1100-6416404/

Teardown: Xbox One costs $90 more to make than PS4 2390231-xboxoneallthingsd

The combined costs of parts and manufacturing for the Xbox One comes out to roughly $471, almost $100 above Sony's PlayStation 4 ($381), according to a teardown report from IHS revealed by AllThingsD. The Xbox One sells for $499, while the PS4 goes for $399. At least $75 of the $471 comes from the Kinect camera included with every system, the IHS report concluded. It features chips from Samsung and STMicroelectronics as well as a mysterious chip used to emit infrared light. IHS was unable to determine the maker of this chip. The single most expensive item, however, is the Xbox One's $110 AMD chip, which is around $10 more than the PS4's AMD chip. "They're both very powerful chips," IHS analyst Andrew Rassweiler said. "You might call them a gaming console on a chip." The Xbox One's DDR3 memory chips stem from SK Hynix and came out to about $60, around $28 less than the cost of the PS4's higher-end GDDR5 memory chips. The system's all-new controller, featuring Wi-Fi and Bluetooth components from Marvell Technology, costs about $15 and sells for $60. Unlike the PS4, the Xbox One features an external power supply, which costs around $25 to create, the report found, adding that the headset costs $10 to make and $14 to assemble. Notably, Texas Instruments is a major parts supplier for the Xbox One, with six parts total in the system (four in the console and two inside the Kinect). Because the Xbox One manufacturing cost is just $29 under its sale price (not to mention retailers taking their own cut of the retail price), Microsoft will look to software and services to post a profit. The reduction of manufacturing costs over time will also benefit Microsoft. The PS4 and Xbox One have each sold 1 million units so far. wrote:
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Teardown: Xbox One costs $90 more to make than PS4 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Teardown: Xbox One costs $90 more to make than PS4   Teardown: Xbox One costs $90 more to make than PS4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 5:47 pm

In other words, PS4 is more profitable.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Teardown: Xbox One costs $90 more to make than PS4 ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: Teardown: Xbox One costs $90 more to make than PS4   Teardown: Xbox One costs $90 more to make than PS4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 7:04 pm

PS4 has lower profit per sale (19 < 28). After the retailer cut/shipping/packaging I doubt either of them are profitable.

It's all the Brick and Kinect.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Teardown: Xbox One costs $90 more to make than PS4   Teardown: Xbox One costs $90 more to make than PS4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 9:51 pm

Hmmm, maybe the AMD card costs more because of the ESRAM.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Teardown: Xbox One costs $90 more to make than PS4 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Teardown: Xbox One costs $90 more to make than PS4   Teardown: Xbox One costs $90 more to make than PS4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 10:32 pm

Micro$oft, making more of a profit per system like the greedy fucks they are.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Teardown: Xbox One costs $90 more to make than PS4   Teardown: Xbox One costs $90 more to make than PS4 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 12:14 am

Jack the Spectre wrote:
Lol I hope you're joking.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Teardown: Xbox One costs $90 more to make than PS4   Teardown: Xbox One costs $90 more to make than PS4 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 12:22 am

The_Biotic_God wrote:
Jack the Spectre wrote:
DO I LOOK LIKE I'M JOKING?!

Teardown: Xbox One costs $90 more to make than PS4 Anthony+Lamb+-+Nick+Cage+as+Salvador+Dali
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Teardown: Xbox One costs $90 more to make than PS4   Teardown: Xbox One costs $90 more to make than PS4 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 5:47 pm

Jack the Spectre wrote:
The_Biotic_God wrote:
Jack the Spectre wrote:

Teardown: Xbox One costs $90 more to make than PS4 Anthony+Lamb+-+Nick+Cage+as+Salvador+Dali
You look like a Jew.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Teardown: Xbox One costs $90 more to make than PS4 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Teardown: Xbox One costs $90 more to make than PS4   Teardown: Xbox One costs $90 more to make than PS4 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 9:14 pm

http://www.vg247.com/2013/11/28/ps4-economics-closer-to-ps2-than-ps3/
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Teardown: Xbox One costs $90 more to make than PS4   Teardown: Xbox One costs $90 more to make than PS4 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 11:07 pm

The_Biotic_God wrote:
Jack the Spectre wrote:
The_Biotic_God wrote:
Jack the Spectre wrote:

You look like a Jew.
Jews don't kid around. Except for all the ones that do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Teardown: Xbox One costs $90 more to make than PS4   Teardown: Xbox One costs $90 more to make than PS4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Teardown: Xbox One costs $90 more to make than PS4
Page 1 of 1