Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ryse reviews are in

Go down 
+6
Orc
Jack the Spectre
Mecha
Stoney
The Enkindler
CernaMLD
10 posters
AuthorMessage
CernaMLD
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader

Stature : 21

Ryse reviews are in Empty
PostSubject: Ryse reviews are in   Ryse reviews are in I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 6:39 am

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-one/ryse-son-of-rome

Boy dat X1 launch line up and all of its amazing quality exclusives sure do shit on the PS4!
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Ryse reviews are in   Ryse reviews are in I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 7:22 am

Uh oh, looks like someone is having that sweet crow served.
Still launch games tend to be mediocre most of the time.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Ryse reviews are in   Ryse reviews are in I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 10:16 am

Whoa, I expected at least high 70's, low 80's, just from what I saw. I guess this is a good thing. Reviewers are basically saying to devs that "shiny shiny" isn't enough.

Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Ryse reviews are in R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Ryse reviews are in   Ryse reviews are in I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 11:54 am

Ouch.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Ryse reviews are in XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Ryse reviews are in   Ryse reviews are in I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 12:26 pm

LOL I knew this game would suck. The gameplay at the reveal (or maybe it was E3, I don't remember) was laughable.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Ryse reviews are in   Ryse reviews are in I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 1:06 pm

Aw, almost as sad as Knack being a complete fail in spite of it being one of only 2 compelling ps4 launch titles.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Ryse reviews are in   Ryse reviews are in I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 1:07 pm

Except Knack didn't had the same level of hype as Ryse did.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Ryse reviews are in TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Ryse reviews are in   Ryse reviews are in I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 2:07 pm

Lol this is hilarious, a dude at college was just telling me yesterday how great Ryse is going to be
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Ryse reviews are in   Ryse reviews are in I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 3:15 pm

To be honest all players expected was a simple but addictive fighting game with lots of blood n' gore, an awesome setting and stunning graphics. And it delivers on all those fronts. Repetitive and shallow? Sure, but hey, it's a nice way for people to test drive their X1's, see what the thing is capable of while dismembering some people. :)
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Ryse reviews are in   Ryse reviews are in I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 3:26 pm

Still a flop.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Ryse reviews are in   Ryse reviews are in I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 4:05 pm

Shoulda stayed medieval Codename Kingdoms.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Ryse reviews are in   Ryse reviews are in I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 4:15 pm

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
To be honest all players expected was a simple but addictive fighting game with lots of blood n' gore, an awesome setting and stunning graphics. And it delivers on all those fronts. Repetitive and shallow? Sure, but hey, it's a nice way for people to test drive their X1's, see what the thing is capable of while dismembering some people. :)
lol it barely delivers on those fronts. Damage control alert.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Ryse reviews are in   Ryse reviews are in I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 4:39 pm

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:

i feel the same way about KZ:SF

People are saying the game play is pretty generic, but its a very impressive "tech demo", if you will. I actually think that was the purpose of these 2 games.

KZSF is still better than ryse though. lol

Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Ryse reviews are in   Ryse reviews are in I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 5:39 pm

Jack the Spectre wrote:
Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
In this review itself it says it does.

Failmorepls
Back to top Go down
CernaMLD
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader

PostSubject: Re: Ryse reviews are in   Ryse reviews are in I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 6:52 pm

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
If you mean 900p with a capped frame rate of 30fps that often drops below that mark.... then yeah sure! What a way for the X1 to flex its muscles! lol
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Ryse reviews are in StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Ryse reviews are in   Ryse reviews are in I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 6:57 pm

Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Ryse reviews are in ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: Ryse reviews are in   Ryse reviews are in I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 7:15 pm

Pretty high.

I was expecting more something in the low 40s, or high 30s.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Ryse reviews are in   Ryse reviews are in I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 7:54 pm

CernaMLD wrote:
Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
If you mean 900p with a capped frame rate of 30fps that often drops below that mark.... then yeah sure! What a way for the X1 to flex its muscles! lol
Resolution and framerate doesn't mean a whole lot in terms of graphics when the textures, polygon count, animation and general design looks fucking incredible.

In the words of the video above (which you clearly didn't watch):

"As a tech demo for what the Xbox One is capable of visually, Ryse: Son of Rome is impressive"
"looks terrific"
"beautiful places"
"the sights and sounds are both absolutely top notch and more varied than I expected"
"excellent facial animations"
"the environments shift constantly"
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Ryse reviews are in   Ryse reviews are in I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 9:45 pm

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
CernaMLD wrote:
Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
Resolution and framerate doesn't mean a whole lot in terms of graphics when the textures, polygon count, animation and general design looks fucking incredible.

"As a tech demo for what the Xbox One is capable of visually, Ryse: Son of Rome is impressive"
"looks terrific"
"beautiful places"
"the sights and sounds are both absolutely top notch and more varied than I expected"

I think what you are trying to say is:

"It may be a terrible game, but at least it's kinda pretty.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Ryse reviews are in   Ryse reviews are in I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 10:34 pm

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
Jack the Spectre wrote:
Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
In this review itself it says it does.

Failmorepls
Okay so it delivers on the visual aspect. That's really it. Clearly not addictive if you paid attention to the review.
Back to top Go down
CernaMLD
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader

PostSubject: Re: Ryse reviews are in   Ryse reviews are in I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 4:17 am

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
CernaMLD wrote:
Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:

"looks terrific"
"beautiful places"
Ohhhh so NOW they don't matter.

Man sure sucks that you Xbots stopped caring about that stuff once it became the X1's weak point. Razz
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Ryse reviews are in   Ryse reviews are in I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 8:15 am

....? When have I ever really cared about framerate or fps? I have in the past said I can't really tell much of a difference between resolutions and can't notice the difference between 30 and 60fps that much.

I am not an xbot, so that might be where your confusion comes from? The ps3 probably had better resolutions in most of its exclusives. I don't care. The graphics are still better than any PS4 exclusive I have seen so far.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Ryse reviews are in   Ryse reviews are in I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 10:02 am

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
I have in the past said I can't really tell much of a difference between resolutions and can't notice the difference between 30 and 60fps that much.
So, you can't tell the difference between VHS and Blu-Ray?
You can't miss the difference between 30fps and 60fps.  It's like the difference between a comic and a gif.

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
I am not an xbot, so that might be where your confusion comes from? The ps3 probably had better resolutions in most of its exclusives. I don't care. The graphics are still better than any PS4 exclusive I have seen so far.

That is called 'willful ignorance.'  Knack has better graphics than Ryse. For people with good eyes, 1080p is also much better than 900p.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ryse reviews are in   Ryse reviews are in I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ryse reviews are in
Page 1 of 1