Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TLOU vs. GTAV

Go down 
+4
Chobo
Bluenose
Orc
yonny616
8 posters

GOTY
 The Last of us
 Grand Theft Auto V
View results
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

TLOU vs. GTAV  Empty
PostSubject: TLOU vs. GTAV    TLOU vs. GTAV  I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 2:58 pm

TLOU vs. GTAV  The-last-of-us-vs-gta-v-850x477

So which do you guys think deserves to be GOTY?

Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

TLOU vs. GTAV  PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

TLOU vs. GTAV  Empty
PostSubject: Re: TLOU vs. GTAV    TLOU vs. GTAV  I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 3:02 pm

The Last of Us. Better story, bette graphics, better gameplay. GTAV story is more of the same, the graphics aren't as good as they're made out to be, just more polished than GTAIV, and the gameplay, like 4, gets repetative.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

TLOU vs. GTAV  Empty
PostSubject: Re: TLOU vs. GTAV    TLOU vs. GTAV  I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 3:41 pm

Not played TLOU but it looked pretty beast. However I reckon GTA V is an all round better package. And that's not including the online!
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

TLOU vs. GTAV  Empty
Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

TLOU vs. GTAV  Empty
PostSubject: Re: TLOU vs. GTAV    TLOU vs. GTAV  I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 3:54 pm

Haven't played GTAV so I'm going to vote TLOU by default.

Fantastic game, possibly the best Naughty Dog game.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

TLOU vs. GTAV  0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

TLOU vs. GTAV  Empty
PostSubject: Re: TLOU vs. GTAV    TLOU vs. GTAV  I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 4:12 pm

TLOU. Hands down. Great story, Likable characters, fun gameplay, beautiful graphics, and a pretty good online mode to boot.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

TLOU vs. GTAV  Empty
Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

TLOU vs. GTAV  Empty
PostSubject: Re: TLOU vs. GTAV    TLOU vs. GTAV  I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 4:14 pm

Nah TLOU online is pretty fucking crappy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

TLOU vs. GTAV  Empty
PostSubject: Re: TLOU vs. GTAV    TLOU vs. GTAV  I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 4:29 pm

Teckno wrote:
Haven't played GTAV .
Get off this forum and do not return until you have rectified this fatal error..
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

TLOU vs. GTAV  Empty
PostSubject: Re: TLOU vs. GTAV    TLOU vs. GTAV  I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 7:38 pm

Grand Theft Auto V gets my vote. And I hate to say this, because Naughty Dog is my favorite developer this gen and they have made many fantastic game franchises for the PS3 with Uncharted , and now with The Last of Us. The Last of Us may also be the best told story ever for a Zombie Apocalypse type scenario, and hell I would love a sequel to this game.I am not going to lie, I just think that GTA 5 was a bit better than The Last of Us was in the end. The Last of Us could have explained it's plot a bit better and at least, given us a choice to save or kill Ellie at the end to save mankind, IMO. Still, TLOU still brought the stellar cinematic experience, with great gameplay and amazing moving stories. Ellie and Joel created such an emotional experience in a video game, that I will never forget.

GTA 5 is easily the best GTA game ever made and the best open-world game ever made, and hell it may be one of best games ever fucking made. It absolutely lived up to the hyped of the constant 9.5/10 and 10/10 by the gaming media. First time I can say that about a GTA game, since GTA 4 was an overrated piece of dogshit that got too many overblown scores. GTA 5 added to what was all great about the previous GTA games, added them to this one game, refined it, and them some. The ability to play as three main characters at anytime is brilliant. Plus, GTA online is just awesome to play and feels like I'm playing a brand new GTA game. The only real negative I can say about this game is that the game's soundtrack is rather weak compared to the previous GTA games, and the abysmal launch of GTA online that is now fixed with patches.

Don't get me wrong, both games are 10/10 score from me. But, I just thing GTA 5 was a taaaaaaaaaaad bit better than TLOU. Not by much. Not at all. Hell, I may just give both games GOTY and call it a day. You can't argue with either game getting GOTY in the end. ( or even BioShock: Infinte, for that matter)
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

TLOU vs. GTAV  Empty
PostSubject: Re: TLOU vs. GTAV    TLOU vs. GTAV  I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 8:30 pm

Both of these games are fantastic. As gamers, we are getting greedy by both of these games launching in the same year. Razz 
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

TLOU vs. GTAV  XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

TLOU vs. GTAV  Empty
PostSubject: Re: TLOU vs. GTAV    TLOU vs. GTAV  I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 12:07 am

GTA V is a much better overall package. It's got a story filled with colorful characters, a great world, and a really fun online mode (now that most of the technical issues are ironed out). The Last of Us is in my top five but honestly, while the story is compelling, the narrative felt like something I'd seen before. Normally that wouldn't be as big a deal but y'know, the game is 90% reliant on narrative.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

TLOU vs. GTAV  Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

TLOU vs. GTAV  Empty
PostSubject: Re: TLOU vs. GTAV    TLOU vs. GTAV  I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 8:29 am

The Last of Us looks like more of Naughty Dog's overrated games. I'd take GTA V any day instead.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

TLOU vs. GTAV  Empty
PostSubject: Re: TLOU vs. GTAV    TLOU vs. GTAV  I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 2:44 pm

yonny616 wrote:
The Last of Us. Better story, bette graphics, better gameplay. GTAV story is more of the same, the graphics aren't as good as they're made out to be, just more polished than GTAIV, and the gameplay, like 4, gets repetative.
You can't be serious. The Last of Us, whilst I <3 it, was repetitive as fuck, cliche as fuck. And the graphics are a lot better (than GTA IV, still has aliasing problems though), particularly the character models. And then the lighting in the game, fuck me the lighting.

EDIT: Check out this photo I took.

won't load, fuck it.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

TLOU vs. GTAV  PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

TLOU vs. GTAV  Empty
PostSubject: Re: TLOU vs. GTAV    TLOU vs. GTAV  I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 3:47 pm

@Stoney I never said The Last of Us wouldn't get repetative, especially since to pass somewhere you need a plank, board or ladder. Yes, it can have clich'e's, but they do them great and in a new way too. You can't be serious. GTAV's characters are so smooth with little to no detail, and yes it looks better than GTAIV, that why I said it's a more polished GTAIV. You can bring up the the fact that it's huge, but it isn't as huge as it's made out to be. The lighting is great in both games, but The Last of Us has the edge over it.

Wish I could see that photo though.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

TLOU vs. GTAV  Empty
PostSubject: Re: TLOU vs. GTAV    TLOU vs. GTAV  I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 4:57 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
The Last of Us looks like more of Naughty Dog's overrated games. I'd take GTA V any day instead.
It looks a lot better than Uncharted. I will give it that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

TLOU vs. GTAV  Empty
PostSubject: Re: TLOU vs. GTAV    TLOU vs. GTAV  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TLOU vs. GTAV
Page 1 of 1