Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best director to helm a DBZ live action film?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Best director to helm a DBZ live action film? PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

Best director to helm a DBZ live action film? Empty
PostSubject: Best director to helm a DBZ live action film?   Best director to helm a DBZ live action film? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 2:15 pm

So if there was to be a try at bringing Dragon Ball Z to the big screen. who do you think should direct the live action movie?

Personally, I would LOVE to see Zack Snyder. DBZ's never had deep stories and was always more action than anything. It'd suit Zack Snyder, especially after the fight scenes in Man of Steel. Love or hate the movie, but you can't deny the fight scenes weren't spectacular.

Last edited by yonny616 on Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : BECAUSE EVOLUTION DOESN'T EXIST!)
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Best director to helm a DBZ live action film? TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Best director to helm a DBZ live action film?   Best director to helm a DBZ live action film? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 2:18 pm

they were boring
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Best director to helm a DBZ live action film? R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Best director to helm a DBZ live action film?   Best director to helm a DBZ live action film? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 2:26 pm

Problem is, Zack Snyder takes his movies very seriously. Not that that's a bad thing, but Dragon Ball Z is known for its humor and lightheartedness. I wouldn't mind if Zack Snyder directs a live-action Dragon Ball Z reboot, but he wouldn't be my first pick.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Best director to helm a DBZ live action film?   Best director to helm a DBZ live action film? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 2:29 pm

@Orion Best director to helm a DBZ live action film? Michael-Scott-Closes-The-Door-Awkwardly-On-The-Office

@Mecha You're forgetting that the humor and tone of the film comes from the story, the director just tells it to us visually.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Best director to helm a DBZ live action film?   Best director to helm a DBZ live action film? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 2:38 pm

Yes, but it's the director's job to balance things out. Kinda like how Joss Whedon's script for X-Men had a bit of a tongue and cheek tone to it, but the movie itself didn't follow the script faithfully. The only line they got right was when Wolverine calls Cyclops a dick.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Best director to helm a DBZ live action film?   Best director to helm a DBZ live action film? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 4:10 pm

@Mecha Well in that case you have a point.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Best director to helm a DBZ live action film?   Best director to helm a DBZ live action film? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 4:26 pm

I should also mention that it was Zack Snyder's idea for Superman to kill Zod. The script actually had Zod going back into the Phantom Zone. Snyder also almost remove the Supergirl easter egg, because he wasn't able to catch it at first until he was told. So yeah, directors don't always follow the scripts 100% accurately.
Back to top Go down
Mr Canai Spy
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Mr Canai Spy

Stature : 47
Weymouth
Playing : halo 5, rise of the tomb raider

PostSubject: Re: Best director to helm a DBZ live action film?   Best director to helm a DBZ live action film? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 5:16 pm

What's evolution?
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Best director to helm a DBZ live action film?   Best director to helm a DBZ live action film? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 6:13 pm

It's something that never happened.
Back to top Go down
Mr Canai Spy
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Mr Canai Spy

Stature : 47
Weymouth
Playing : halo 5, rise of the tomb raider

PostSubject: Re: Best director to helm a DBZ live action film?   Best director to helm a DBZ live action film? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 6:15 pm

I thought so, for a moment I thought there was a live action dragonball movie, that would just be silly
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Best director to helm a DBZ live action film?   Best director to helm a DBZ live action film? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 6:17 pm

Well actually evolution did happen. And it was a great time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best director to helm a DBZ live action film?   Best director to helm a DBZ live action film? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best director to helm a DBZ live action film?
Page 1 of 1