Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ben Affleck as the new Batman

Go down 
+3
Orion
RamboOnRedBull
Mecha
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Do you support Ben Affleck as Batman in the Man of Steel sequel?
 Yes
 No
View results
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Ben Affleck as the new Batman R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Ben Affleck as the new Batman Empty
PostSubject: Ben Affleck as the new Batman   Ben Affleck as the new Batman I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 3:44 am

Ben Affleck as the new Batman Ben-af14

Ben Affleck as the new Batman Alfred10
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Ben Affleck as the new Batman Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Ben Affleck as the new Batman   Ben Affleck as the new Batman I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 7:06 am

He's a decent choice, but he won't top Bale's perfomance.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Ben Affleck as the new Batman TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Ben Affleck as the new Batman   Ben Affleck as the new Batman I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 8:41 am

Bale's Batman voice could be perfectly taken seriously
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Ben Affleck as the new Batman   Ben Affleck as the new Batman I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 9:27 am

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
He's a decent choice, but he won't top Bale's perfomance.
You're right. Bale set the bar so high, how could Affleck ever top this...

Back to top Go down
Mr Canai Spy
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Mr Canai Spy

Stature : 47
Weymouth
Playing : halo 5, rise of the tomb raider

PostSubject: Re: Ben Affleck as the new Batman   Ben Affleck as the new Batman I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 10:19 am

I support their choice wether he plays the part well is yet to be seen but i have total trust in them they must know what they're doing
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Ben Affleck as the new Batman XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Ben Affleck as the new Batman   Ben Affleck as the new Batman I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 11:49 am

Affleck might be a better Batman than Bale, but not a better Bruce Wayne. And there were a bunch of better choices than Affleck.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Ben Affleck as the new Batman   Ben Affleck as the new Batman I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 11:53 am

Jack the Spectre wrote:
Affleck might be a better Batman than Bale, but not a better Bruce Wayne. And there were a bunch of better choices than Affleck.
Like Armie Hammer amirite?
Back to top Go down
Mikenuge
Guard
Guard
Mikenuge

Stature : 39
UK
Playing : With my small penis

PostSubject: Re: Ben Affleck as the new Batman   Ben Affleck as the new Batman I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 12:01 pm

Jack the Spectre wrote:
Affleck might be a better Batman than Bale
Bale's Batman was only criticized because of the silly voice & aside from that it was all good

His Bruce Wayne though was perfect

Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Ben Affleck as the new Batman   Ben Affleck as the new Batman I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 12:48 pm

Bale was a great Bruce Wayne, but a terrible Batman. Not just because of the voice, but also because he was very weak, not as intelligent, and was very out of character at times. It's not Bale's fault though. That's just how the character was written.

Affleck's version will focus more on Batman from The Dark Knight Returns. Which is why I have faith in Affleck, because he's going to make Bale's Batman look like a pussy.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Ben Affleck as the new Batman TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Ben Affleck as the new Batman   Ben Affleck as the new Batman I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 12:50 pm

TDKR has it's fair share of problems as well, considering Batman was a fucking dickhead in it and an absolute murdering fucking psychopath.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Ben Affleck as the new Batman   Ben Affleck as the new Batman I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 5:22 pm

Ben Affleck as the new Batman Ben-af15
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Ben Affleck as the new Batman   Ben Affleck as the new Batman I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 5:37 pm

He can definitely play Batman, but I don't see him topping Bale's acting perfomance, regardless. 

I just hope they fix the sequel's writing rather than its characters; I have faith in Goyer doing the characters justice, but I'm still nervous about the writing of the finished product.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Ben Affleck as the new Batman   Ben Affleck as the new Batman I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 5:45 pm

Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Ben Affleck as the new Batman   Ben Affleck as the new Batman I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 8:19 pm

Mecha wrote:
Ben Affleck as the new Batman Ben-af15
You continue to miss the point.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Ben Affleck as the new Batman   Ben Affleck as the new Batman I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 8:46 pm

Not everyone has the same shit opinion as you, Jack. Ben Affleck is a good actor. Not great, but good. Far better than Armie Hammer and Michael Keaton that's for sure.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Ben Affleck as the new Batman   Ben Affleck as the new Batman I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 10:15 pm

Mecha wrote:
Not everyone has the same shit opinion as you, Jack. Ben Affleck is a good actor. Not great, but good. Far better than Armie Hammer and Michael Keaton that's for sure.
1) No he's not.
2) I wasn't criticizing your opinion on Ben Affleck, but your need to defend him even when he's not being criticized is amusing. What I'm saying is that you don't understand the difference between the reaction towards RDJ's Tony Stark / Heath Ledger's Joker and Ben Affleck's Bruce Wayne. I've explained it multiple times but you clearly don't get it, lol.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Ben Affleck as the new Batman   Ben Affleck as the new Batman I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 10:33 am

^^

Don't mind Mecha, Jew-boy. He's just upset the Cuckoo flew over the nest.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Ben Affleck as the new Batman   Ben Affleck as the new Batman I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 10:49 am

@Jack

What don't I understand? That Robert Downey Jr. and Heath Ledger were already good actors and not Ben Affleck? I was there, I remember when people first bitched about Robert Downey Jr. and Heath Ledger when they were first cast as Iron Man and The Joker. Even people who are against Ben Affleck admitted that he's a good actor. The reason why people are bitching about Ben Affleck as Batman is because... well... he's Ben Affleck.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Ben Affleck as the new Batman   Ben Affleck as the new Batman I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 11:10 am

Mecha wrote:
@Jack

What don't I understand? That Robert Downey Jr. and Heath Ledger were already good actors and not Ben Affleck? I was there, I remember when people first bitched about Robert Downey Jr. and Heath Ledger when they were first cast as Iron Man and The Joker. Even people who are against Ben Affleck admitted that he's a good actor. The reason why people are bitching about Ben Affleck as Batman is because... well... he's Ben Affleck.
They're bitching because they don't think he's a good actor. What does "because... well... he's Ben Affleck" even mean? That people don't dislike Ben Affleck for his acting or his movie choices, they just inherently hate him because he's him?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Ben Affleck as the new Batman   Ben Affleck as the new Batman I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 11:32 am

Because Ben Affleck was a joke 10 years ago, and people can't seem to let it go. Kinda like your love for Armie Hammer.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Ben Affleck as the new Batman   Ben Affleck as the new Batman I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 12:16 pm

He was a joke ten years ago because he was a terrible actor then. He's a mediocre actor now. They don't hate him for no reason.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Ben Affleck as the new Batman   Ben Affleck as the new Batman I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 12:25 pm

Ben Affleck as the new Batman Ben-affleck-at-batman-funny-pictures-6
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Ben Affleck as the new Batman   Ben Affleck as the new Batman I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 12:48 pm

Christian Bale is too busy drinking his own urine to play Batman again.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Ben Affleck as the new Batman   Ben Affleck as the new Batman I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 6:58 pm

I actually don't mind this much. Ben Affleck is a pretty good actor.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Ben Affleck as the new Batman   Ben Affleck as the new Batman I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 1:30 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ben Affleck as the new Batman   Ben Affleck as the new Batman I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ben Affleck as the new Batman
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next